• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ingram is a punk...Fake tough guy

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nonsense. He put on some weight in the off-season and weighs at least 17 pounds now.
And that had more to do with his getting triggered then anything. HE needs some muscle to stop the beating he's getting
I'm willing to be though he is 21 pounds now:10:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A sucker punch is still a sucker punch. And four games is still a slap on the wrist given the offense. And the fact that you continue to defend it is pathetic.

...Or certain people refuse to see any fault with certain guys on their team and become butt-hurt when one exposes those said faults.

What am I defending?

I am not defending his actions aside from the fact that he does not have any type of history with this kind of thing.

I am calling you out because you somehow try to make many of your threads about LeBron. This is not.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dude its a block. He was not set, and didnt take the contact in his chest. Easiest call of the game if you ask me. The only hard part of the call was either the continuation or non-continuation which could have gone either way.

Harden is a master at drawing contact like that and Ingram should know better than to make a half-ass attempt at playing defense like he did on that play.

in all honesty though- stopping the ball and taking the foul was not a bad move at that point, it stopped a sure 2 points by taking the blocking foul.

It is defintely a block according to the rules of basketball.

In my opinion though, the block charge rule needs to be changed to address plays like these.

Set or not, if the offensive player initiates the contact, it should be a no call. I think you should have to be somewhat set to actually draw a charge, but the defender is entitled to the same space as the offensive player. In the case like the Harden/Ingram play where it is obvious that Harden initiated contact, no call is what it should be. Because there is nothing more frustrating as a defensive player when the dribbler crashes into you and you get the foul call.

This is very similar to the play where the defender jumps (bad defense) and the offensive player jumps into them and launches a 3. The league has already asked officials not to call those so tightly. This is an extension of the same concept.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree that Love would solve some problems. His 3 point shooting and rebounding would definitely help. He is an FA after this season, so theoretically, the Lakers could trade for him without it effecting next years cap space.

However, I'm not sure it would be a smart move at this point for 2 reasons. First, I don't think adding Love is enough to get the Lakers past the Warriors. It might get them past the Rockets since, imo, they got worse in the off-season. But he doesn't get them past the Warriors.

Also, the Lakers want to play at a very fast pace to take advantage of their length and athleticism. That's not really Love's game.

All things considered though, I think asking price would be what most likely would prevent this deal from happening. My guess would be that the Cavs would want Ingram as part of the trade.

If the Lakers weren't willing to part with him for PG or Kawhi, I don't see them parting with him for Kevin Love.

Love signed a 4 year $120 million extension this summer. Does that change your thinking on this?

Because adding Love to fill their long term cap space would be a pretty good way to ensure they never win a ring with LeBron.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love signed a 4 year $120 million extension this summer. Does that change your thinking on this?

Because adding Love to fill their long term cap space would be a pretty good way to ensure they never win a ring with LeBron.

don't want him anyways. lol not trying to become Cleveland west...

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LeBron won one ring with Kevin Love and I think they lost twice - so that has been tried - I want something different and I think LeBron does too - other wise he would have stayed in Cleveland

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason Ingram snapped is because Harden is a dirty player - that knocks players out of his way and slightly knocked Ingram in the head. His issue going forward will be to hit the gym and develop some muscles so that punks like Harden can't knock him out of his way like a volley ball.

I mean, despite the reputation, basketball isn't some pussy ass non-contact sport. Harden didn't do anything Lebron doesn't do on a nightly basis, except better, because Lebron is a much stronger player.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In my opinion though, the block charge rule needs to be changed to address plays like these.

Set or not, if the offensive player initiates the contact, it should be a no call. I think you should have to be somewhat set to actually draw a charge, but the defender is entitled to the same space as the offensive player. In the case like the Harden/Ingram play where it is obvious that Harden initiated contact, no call is what it should be. Because there is nothing more frustrating as a defensive player when the dribbler crashes into you and you get the foul call.

This is very similar to the play where the defender jumps (bad defense) and the offensive player jumps into them and launches a 3. The league has already asked officials not to call those so tightly. This is an extension of the same concept.
I am sure when the NBA wants your opinion on it they will reach out. lol

I would not hold my breath.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get a kick out of many on this thread that think they are Dr. Phil. Ingram gets pissed for once which happens and now everyone knows whats going on in his head. :L

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get a kick out of many on this thread that think they are Dr. Phil. Ingram gets pissed for once which happens and now everyone knows whats going on in his head. :L

Absolutely...

Wiggy and HurricaneFatSlob think Alluva sudden he's just a weak minded bitch. lol ANYTHING to troll up on the Lakers...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure when the NBA wants your opinion on it they will reach out. lol

I would not hold my breath.

I am not just talking about the NBA. I am talking about the rules of basketball. And if you have ever played before you would know how terribly frustrating it is to get this call against you. But, you obviously haven't.

Because really, what exactly is Ingram supposed to do there? He can't take a charge because he is backpedaling. The only play is to flop and hope or get out of the way. Neither is a reasonable option. The defender should be allowed to hold his ground without flopping.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only reason the NBA doesn't change it is because they have been trying to keep the pace of the games going faster. If players are allowed to defend - then there would be less scoring and the game would be boring to the fans - in the NBA"s mind. The truth is though - players should be allowed to defend without getting knocked out - If you are bringing the ball down the court, I personally don't think you should be allowed to run any one or everyone over - That's what you other players for - is to pass too when you are being defended. Yes it's frustrating to have a player stop you from going straight to the basket -But I think that's the entire point is to stop him. Now in Ingram's case
I mean, despite the reputation, basketball isn't some pussy ass non-contact sport. Harden didn't do anything Lebron doesn't do on a nightly basis, except better, because Lebron is a much stronger player.
That's why I said earlier - that Ingram needs to man up with some muscles and be a man - I remember Kobe getting knocked around - then he came back the next summer bulked up and when they tried to knock him down, they ended up on the floor in pain - He said - "Hey didn't I tell you I bulked up?" Ingram has to get some muscle - My nephews couldn't whip my ass either when they were that age - Actually they still can't :lol:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Hell, I don't think they even know what's going on in their own head. You know?:lol:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely...

Wiggy and HurricaneFatSlob think Alluva sudden he's just a weak minded bitch. lol ANYTHING to troll up on the Lakers...
They are like the male dogs that will come up and pee on your leg - That's what a dog does until you kick him in the teeth once or twice - then the dog stops doing that. A dog will always be a dog -

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't read anything of this thread because I can probably guess its mainly todd and wiggy bragging about their boners with the Lakers being 0-2

But what Ingram and Rondo did were punk ass moves. They lost their shit, got ejected and got suspensions because of it.

Move on. Another game tonight.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't read anything of this thread because I can probably guess its mainly todd and wiggy bragging about their boners with the Lakers being 0-2

But what Ingram and Rondo did were punk ass moves. They lost their shit, got ejected and got suspensions because of it.

Move on. Another game tonight.
Yeah - It's not the end of the season - The Lakers still have LeBron and 80 more games

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing how this thread had to get started by a fan of a team responsible for the biggest fight in NBA history?

What was is, a combined 160 games suspension for Pacers players?

But hey, Ingram got 4 so let's write a blog...

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, I understand Ingram's frustration with the level of calls Harden gets, and I also understand the history of animosity between Paul and Rondo.

My issue here is Ingram's new-found sense of entitlement to go after Chris Paul and James Harden, two of our future hall of famers in our game today. Basically, he would not have done this if he didn't have LeBron James as a teammate. He would have never considered committing these acts last year...

He should receive the longest suspension of the three.

It's as if his approach is "I'm a Laker and I'm the one who should be getting these calls". :doh:

LIie CP?

Granted what Rondo did was nasty and gross but CP was digging in another man's nose .....and let's be real for a minute.....CP ain't gangsta and Rondo would whoop his ass if it came to it.

Last edited:

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i totally disagree with this

you think this happens if LeBron is not there, there is not THRONGs of media and attention and expectations?

the pressure got to him- plain and simple.

The pressure or the fact Harden is a notorious shit talker and gave him a hard shove?

:scratch: