• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ingram is a punk...Fake tough guy

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is so fucking ignorant - I guarantee you that every game Curry and Thompson played in had meaning to them long before they were contenders. Sheesh
would it make you feel better if i a re-phrased it as - they have never played in a game that meant anything relating to a playoff race? That they had never played in a game where there was true expectations?

Its a major adjustment going from a cellar-dwellar of a team to having LeBron and all that goes with it- believe me, i have seen it first hand! TWICE actually! lol.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont you agree though?

i dont think Ingram is a scumbag or a fake tough guy- i think he snapped and that they are putting an awful lot on a 21 year old kid.

Ingram snapped because Harden knocked him out of the lane and no foul was call - Real simple

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont you agree though?

i dont think Ingram is a scumbag or a fake tough guy- i think he snapped and that they are putting an awful lot on a 21 year old kid.
I agreed the first time you typed it. And the next 15 times too. Now I'm starting to disagree just because you can't stop.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would it make you feel better if i a re-phrased it as - they have never played in a game that meant anything relating to a playoff race? That they had never played in a game where there was true expectations?

Its a major adjustment going from a cellar-dwellar of a team to having LeBron and all that goes with it- believe me, i have seen it first hand! TWICE actually! lol.
I don't care how you put it - You can't unsay how you feel, but you can change your mind and admit that you are wrong. All of those games have meaning for these players period. You may feel that those games are meaningless because they had zero chances of making the playoffs, but they don't feel that way - they are playing for their career and a bigger contract in $$$ and they want to make it to the playoffs and trying to get there. This last game was no different. Ingram is doing what he has always done - He just didn't like getting shoved aside by Harden who had made some dirty plays in the past. My response to him is get to the gym, and put some muscle on him, then he will be able to defend himself and knock the shit out of Harden the next time he does that shit

That should have been an offensive foul on Harden to begin with - it wasn't because star players get special favors

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care how you put it - You can't unsay how you feel, but you can change your mind and admit that you are wrong. All of those games have meaning for these players period. You may feel that those games are meaningless because they had zero chances of making the playoffs, but they don't feel that way - they are playing for their career and a bigger contract in $$$ and they want to make it to the playoffs and trying to get there. This last game was no different. Ingram is doing what he has always done - He just didn't like getting shoved aside by Harden who had made some dirty plays in the past. My response to him is get to the gym, and put some muscle on him, then he will be able to defend himself and knock the shit out of Harden the next time he does that shit

That should have been an offensive foul on Harden to begin with - it wasn't because star players get special favors
LOL

yah I could say that when the Cavs won 20 games and were tanking that the games were personally meaningful for Samardo Samuels and his development- but no one cares.

Before the Blazers game the other day Brandon Ingram had not played in 1 meaningful NBA game. Not one game where there was outside pressure to win. Not one game where there were actual expectations. Not one game where there was actually something on the line.

Playing with expectations for the first time, and doing it in the situation that he is in- where their are countless celebrities courtside, when Ice Cube is pumping up the crowd extolling the "revival of showtime" and that "the wait is over", where there are 250 media members instead of 2, where, you as a 21 year old kid are being counted on to be the #2 scorer on the team----- that is LIGHT YEARS different than being on a cellar dweller with no expectations and playing half your 4th quarters in garbage time.

If you cant see the difference I dont know what to tell ya. lol.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and- no that shouldnt have been an offensive foul

Ingram was not even CLOSE to being set, and further more, was not even close to taking the contact squarely in the chest.

sometimes if you have one and not the other you might get a call, but when you are not set and you dont take it squarely- you get a foul call- which is exactly what he deserved.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and- no that shouldnt have been an offensive foul

Ingram was not even CLOSE to being set, and further more, was not even close to taking the contact squarely in the chest.

sometimes if you have one and not the other you might get a call, but when you are not set and you dont take it squarely- you get a foul call- which is exactly what he deserved.
Ingram was moving - but you can't simply knock people out of the way like that- It's a play that players like Harden get away yet.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

yah I could say that when the Cavs won 20 games and were tanking that the games were personally meaningful for Samardo Samuels and his development- but no one cares.

Before the Blazers game the other day Brandon Ingram had not played in 1 meaningful NBA game. Not one game where there was outside pressure to win. Not one game where there were actual expectations. Not one game where there was actually something on the line.

Playing with expectations for the first time, and doing it in the situation that he is in- where their are countless celebrities courtside, when Ice Cube is pumping up the crowd extolling the "revival of showtime" and that "the wait is over", where there are 250 media members instead of 2, where, you as a 21 year old kid are being counted on to be the #2 scorer on the team----- that is LIGHT YEARS different than being on a cellar dweller with no expectations and playing half your 4th quarters in garbage time.

If you cant see the difference I dont know what to tell ya. lol.
Whatever - but making the playoffs has nothing to do with how they play. Suddenly being in the position of being playoff bound had nothing to do with the issues at hand. That's bullshit

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whatever - but making the playoffs has nothing to do with how they play. Suddenly being in the position of being playoff bound had nothing to do with the issues at hand. That's bullshit
I absolutely think it had plenty to do with what happened the other night.

If LeBron is not on the team, and the team was expected to be a cellar dweller again, and there werent dozens of high profile celebrities at the game, and there werent 250 media members, and Ingram wasnt being counted on as a key cog to for the "return of Showtime", etc. I think we see the same mild mannered Brandon Ingram that we have always seen.

The pressure got to him if you ask me. Maybe you dont agree and think a guy that had not showed one iota of aggression for his 2 years in the NBA just happened to freak out and throw a sucker punch out of the blue- but either you are lying to yourself or are incredibly naive if you believe that.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ingram was moving - but you can't simply knock people out of the way like that- It's a play that players like Harden get away yet.
dude its a block. He was not set, and didnt take the contact in his chest. Easiest call of the game if you ask me. The only hard part of the call was either the continuation or non-continuation which could have gone either way.

Harden is a master at drawing contact like that and Ingram should know better than to make a half-ass attempt at playing defense like he did on that play.

in all honesty though- stopping the ball and taking the foul was not a bad move at that point, it stopped a sure 2 points by taking the blocking foul.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was a function of the pressure he is feeling.

If he was still playing on a cellar dwellar with little media coverage this doesnt happen.

He is under immense pressure- some say to be the Lakers #2 scorer. If he thinks this is pressure- just wait until later in the season- the media is only going to ratchet up the pressure. He better learn how to cope with it or its not gonan be good. Some guys like Kyrie thrive under that pressure- some crash and burn.

Maybe. There is definitely a lot more pressure on all of the youngsters than they have seen before.

I think we'll know if it's cracking under pressure or just a 21 year old being a 21 year old as the season wears on.

Since we haven't seen anything like this from him before, I'm chalking it up to him being 21.

But, if similar things keep happening, then I'll start to question his ability to handle the pressure.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. There is definitely a lot more pressure on all of the youngsters than they have seen before.

I think we'll know if it's cracking under pressure or just a 21 year old being a 21 year old as the season wears on.

Since we haven't seen anything like this from him before, I'm chalking it up to him being 21.

But, if similar things keep happening, then I'll start to question his ability to handle the pressure.
I think Hart, at least thus far, is handling the pressure extremely well- he seems to have that mentality.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely do not want them to trade Love at this point- but ill tell ya- from what Amico is saying the Lakers might be interested and to me that makes sense as he would solve a LOT of their shooting and rebounding deficiencies and he already knows how to play iwth LeBron.

But- Fuck em.....id rather trade him aynwhere else if it happens.

Time to start trade watch centered on Cavs’ Love

“Keep an eye on Kevin Love as the potential first major trade chip to be moved in the non-Jimmy Butler category. Yes, Love signed a long-term extension with Cleveland this summer. But as Blake Griffinshowed last year, that just means he could be more attractive to another team as a trade chip.”

Who might have interest in Love?

Oh, that’s easy. Everyone knows LeBron James will soon run out of patience with his younger Los Angeles Lakers teammates. Everyone knows LeBron knows and likes Love, and Love clearly misses LeBron.

The Lakers undoubtedly have Love in the back of their minds, if not the front.

Other potential suitors: the Toronto Raptors, Utah Jazz, Portland Trail Blazers and Denver Nuggets, who have loved Love for some time and had all but pulled off a trade for him in the summer of 2017.

Agree that Love would solve some problems. His 3 point shooting and rebounding would definitely help. He is an FA after this season, so theoretically, the Lakers could trade for him without it effecting next years cap space.

However, I'm not sure it would be a smart move at this point for 2 reasons. First, I don't think adding Love is enough to get the Lakers past the Warriors. It might get them past the Rockets since, imo, they got worse in the off-season. But he doesn't get them past the Warriors.

Also, the Lakers want to play at a very fast pace to take advantage of their length and athleticism. That's not really Love's game.

All things considered though, I think asking price would be what most likely would prevent this deal from happening. My guess would be that the Cavs would want Ingram as part of the trade.

If the Lakers weren't willing to part with him for PG or Kawhi, I don't see them parting with him for Kevin Love.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously though - You don't think all of those games Ingram Played in last year and the year before were meaningless to him?

Far be it from me to defend Wiggy, but I kind of have to here. When Wiggy says "meaningful games", he doesn't mean they weren't meaningful to Ingram. Of course they were.

By meaningful games, he means he hasn't been to the playoffs and hasn't even been in a playoff race. In fact, the Lakers went to great lengths to keep expectations low so that the kids could develop without the pressure that usually comes with playing for the Lakers.

Now, with Lebron on the team, making the playoffs is expected and having Lebron means that there is more media climbing all over them and more nationally televised games than he's played in before.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A sucker punch is still a sucker punch. And four games is still a slap on the wrist given the offense. And the fact that you continue to defend it is pathetic.

...Or certain people refuse to see any fault with certain guys on their team and become butt-hurt when one exposes those said faults.

Further proof you're an idiot. If you've read any of my posts here you'd see that I'm probably the most objective Lakers fan on this board to the point where some would say I'm actually too critical of my own team. I have zero problem pointing out issues with any team I follow.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Far be it from me to defend Wiggy, but I kind of have to here. When Wiggy says "meaningful games", he doesn't mean they weren't meaningful to Ingram. Of course they were.

By meaningful games, he means he hasn't been to the playoffs and hasn't even been in a playoff race. In fact, the Lakers went to great lengths to keep expectations low so that the kids could develop without the pressure that usually comes with playing for the Lakers.

Now, with Lebron on the team, making the playoffs is expected and having Lebron means that there is more media climbing all over them and more nationally televised games than he's played in before.
I know what he means, and I repeat that has nothing to do with the issue or what happened. FOR every player, every game has meaning to them for the reasons I stated. It's not like there was some kind of a secret switch that suddenly put more pressure on Ingram and fact I think it's the opposite because now he two championship players to learn from. Harden had playing with several dirty tricks and Ingram got tired of being a punching bag. HE OVER REACTED, YES but eventually most of them get into it because every game means something to every player. That's the reason they get emotional. On a personal note that's the reason I quit playing chess with my brother. HE cheats and I hate cheats. These games were never meaningless to Ingram

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely do not want them to trade Love at this point- but ill tell ya- from what Amico is saying the Lakers might be interested and to me that makes sense as he would solve a LOT of their shooting and rebounding deficiencies and he already knows how to play iwth LeBron.

But- Fuck em.....id rather trade him aynwhere else if it happens.

Time to start trade watch centered on Cavs’ Love

“Keep an eye on Kevin Love as the potential first major trade chip to be moved in the non-Jimmy Butler category. Yes, Love signed a long-term extension with Cleveland this summer. But as Blake Griffinshowed last year, that just means he could be more attractive to another team as a trade chip.”

Who might have interest in Love?

Oh, that’s easy. Everyone knows LeBron James will soon run out of patience with his younger Los Angeles Lakers teammates. Everyone knows LeBron knows and likes Love, and Love clearly misses LeBron.

The Lakers undoubtedly have Love in the back of their minds, if not the front.

Other potential suitors: the Toronto Raptors, Utah Jazz, Portland Trail Blazers and Denver Nuggets, who have loved Love for some time and had all but pulled off a trade for him in the summer of 2017.
I agree on Love... I don't want to chance the Lakers getting hom