• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Impact Player you want your team to go after

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF has picked up a lot of talent since then. They will likely have a good FA with the amount of cap room they have. They have 5 picks in the first 6 rounds. I think if they do half way decent in both JG won't be the weakness. I might be more worried about Shannahan and the coaches.
I actually think Shanahan is an excellent coach; great offensive mind. They definitely need some work on defense. Their schemes simply do not work with the personnel they have.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh you could very well be right, but that franchise tag could wipe out a huge chunk of their remaining cap space, and they have a lot of needs. Plus the Falcons aren't usually the type to use the tag like that. Sounds like he's gonna want a boatload in his next contract, and Cleveland has both a need and the cash, and it's a better situation than Atlanta, so I guess we'll see.

Roby would be a great fit as a #2 CB, but not a #1. How much more does Haden have in the tank? And what about Artie Burns?

ATL...word on the street is $70 to 80 mil is what Grady wants... and franchising him would likely be a higher cap hit in '19 for sure, but they have little choice to be honest. I expect another player for two to be released to clear up money.

PIT...yeah Roby I would view as the CB2. Haden played very will last yr, and held up injury wise...this is his last season under-contract so they still need to address the position in the draft. Burns by most accounts is a bust. I don't expect them to pick up his 5th yr option but he will likely be a depth player if he makes the roster this season.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ATL...word on the street is $70 to 80 mil is what Grady wants... and franchising him would likely be a higher cap hit in '19 for sure, but they have little choice to be honest. I expect another player for two to be released to clear up money.

PIT...yeah Roby I would view as the CB2. Haden played very will last yr, and held up injury wise...this is his last season under-contract so they still need to address the position in the draft. Burns by most accounts is a bust. I don't expect them to pick up his 5th yr option but he will likely be a depth player if he makes the roster this season.
That's what I'm hearing too. If we weren't about to enter arguably the greatest DL draft of all-time, I'd say Jarrett would be franchised, but they're in prime position to land someone like Dexter Lawrence, Christian Wilkins, maybe even Ed Oliver. There are also some excellent options in the 2nd round. With all the money they spent last offseason, it'll be difficult to handle another massive cap hit.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I'm hearing too. If we weren't about to enter arguably the greatest DL draft of all-time, I'd say Jarrett would be franchised, but they're in prime position to land someone like Dexter Lawrence, Christian Wilkins, maybe even Ed Oliver. There are also some excellent options in the 2nd round. With all the money they spent last offseason, it'll be difficult to handle another massive cap hit.

With #14 ATL definitely would like to add to the DL or edge...but clearly must upgrade both G spots. So if the grade is there for a OL, it wouldn't surprise me to see them go with that player if they think he's a plug and play guy.

I don't think they are even in the mindset of playing 2019 w/o Garrett. I think they would cut Sanu to help with the cap if need be.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With #14 ATL definitely would like to add to the DL or edge...but clearly must upgrade both G spots. So if the grade is there for a OL, it wouldn't surprise me to see them go with that player if they think he's a plug and play guy.

I don't think they are even in the mindset of playing 2019 w/o Garrett. I think they would cut Sanu to help with the cap if need be.
Well think about it this way - Jarrett's hit will be massive. Wouldn't it be smarter to use #14 on a DL and go sign a FA OL/guard like Rodger Saffold for much less as opposed to having a high-priced one year rental?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well think about it this way - Jarrett's hit will be massive. Wouldn't it be smarter to use #14 on a DL and go sign a FA OL/guard like Rodger Saffold for much less as opposed to having a high-priced one year rental?

In theory...I agree. Interior DL even those as good as Jarrett I'm not that comfortable paying them $10m+ per.

The part that is not reflected...Arthur Blank likes stand up, character guys, and by most accounts, that's what Grady is. He's the glue of the DEF...being a local product, 5th round pick made good, arguably the best player on the team outside of Julio...it's a bad PR move to let Grady Garrett go.

That's why I say...99% sure he plays in ATL in '19. Jarrett wants financial security...smart enough to know this IS his shot to cash in so you can't blame him. He's not going to leave any money on the table, but I expect Blank to close the deal long term....if for some reason they don't, they will franchise him imo.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In theory...I agree. Interior DL even those as good as Jarrett I'm not that comfortable paying them $10m+ per.

The part that is not reflected...Arthur Blank likes stand up, character guys, and by most accounts, that's what Grady is. He's the glue of the DEF...being a local product, 5th round pick made good, arguably the best player on the team outside of Julio...it's a bad PR move to let Grady Garrett go.

That's why I say...99% sure he plays in ATL in '19. Jarrett wants financial security...smart enough to know this IS his shot to cash in so you can't blame him. He's not going to leave any money on the table, but I expect Blank to close the deal long term....if for some reason they don't, they will franchise him imo.
Yeah that's a good point. You're probably right there. Thankfully, again, this is a draft flush with DL talent. If the Browns can't get Jarrett, I wouldn't hate them going after Mo Wilkerson or Sheldon Richardson, or depending on how much he wants, Suh would be a great guy to plug in there. Ideally, they'd sign two of those three and have an absolutely stacked DL, but my guess is they won't spend that kind of money.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that's a good point. You're probably right there. Thankfully, again, this is a draft flush with DL talent. If the Browns can't get Jarrett, I wouldn't hate them going after Mo Wilkerson or Sheldon Richardson, or depending on how much he wants, Suh would be a great guy to plug in there. Ideally, they'd sign two of those three and have an absolutely stacked DL, but my guess is they won't spend that kind of money.

From a Browns perspective...like you said there are 2 or 3 NFL ready DTs that would be as effective and a LOT cheaper than a Jarrett and Suh is not playing for cheap either although I think his cap hit will come down from '2018.

That said, CLE has the money, but you don't want to see them handing out multi-yr contracts to vets and be like JAX...lot of money tied up in players past their prime.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a Browns perspective...like you said there are 2 or 3 NFL ready DTs that would be as effective and a LOT cheaper than a Jarrett and Suh is not playing for cheap either although I think his cap hit will come down from '2018.

That said, CLE has the money, but you don't want to see them handing out multi-yr contracts to vets and be like JAX...lot of money tied up in players past their prime.
I think they could get Muhammad or Richardson for ~$7-8 mil per year, but Suh would probably want closer to $15mil just because of his name. I'd also be thrilled if they were to get a DT and also a guy like Brandon Graham, and then go after a guy like Byron Murphy or Deandre Baker in the 1st to put opposite Denzel Ward and bolster the pass D, then grab another DL in the 2nd.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they could get Muhammad or Richardson for ~$7-8 mil per year, but Suh would probably want closer to $15mil just because of his name. I'd also be thrilled if they were to get a DT and also a guy like Brandon Graham, and then go after a guy like Byron Murphy or Deandre Baker in the 1st to put opposite Denzel Ward and bolster the pass D, then grab another DL in the 2nd.

Damn...glad you're not the GM!

IMO and it might be a reach because I didn't see every game...but I get the sense that Suh kind of paced himself last year and turned it on at the end of the season.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robbie Gould.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn...glad you're not the GM!

IMO and it might be a reach because I didn't see every game...but I get the sense that Suh kind of paced himself last year and turned it on at the end of the season.
Shit, they've got a way smarter guy at GM than me...finally.

You could be right there, and if so, good on him. He definitely did it the right way in terms of potentially securing another big contract.