• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

IMO There Are 4 Glaring Weaknesses with this Team.....

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two can be fixed immediately with a little focus and attention to detail the other two I don't know what you do.
1. They cannot tackle. I've never seen a professional team that misses so many tackles. The Seattle game was no exception yesterday. The tackling was atrocious
2. The dead ball penalties are ridiculous and happen time after time after time. They are on pace to set an NFL record for moist dead ball penalties in a season.
3. They drop waaaaay to many passes. I'm not talking about tough passes I'm talking about ones right in their hands. Its stunning.
4. They simply cannot create a turnover. Never seen anything like it. Don't even come close to an INT and cannot seem to fall on a fumble either.

Don't know what you do about 1 and 4 except get better players. 2 and 4 you need to start cutting people who have their heads up their ass and can't pay attention with these ridiculous dead ball fouls; ie jumping off sides, delay of game, and unsportsman-like conduct. That will fix that. Guys not catching the ball you keep them out there all day on the juggs machine if they drop any passes in a game. Make there be consequences for these type things. Hold people accountable.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of that can be corrected with practice and experience

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
general-manager-john-lynch-and-ceo-jed-york-of-the-san-francisco-on-picture-id1035335662

You forgot two

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of that can be corrected with practice and experience
2 and 3, perhaps but 1 and 4 will need some better players in order to fix.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
general-manager-john-lynch-and-ceo-jed-york-of-the-san-francisco-on-picture-id1035335662

You forgot two
Definitely the owner's boy but I think the jury is still out on Lynch. It was kind of a head scratcher though when they hired a rank amateur into that position who had zero experience.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely the owner's boy but I think the jury is still out on Lynch. It was kind of a head scratcher though when they hired a rank amateur into that position who had zero experience.
Lets see if he can surpass Matt Millen

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Lynch's first draft is taking a hit with Foster cut, Thomas not playing to his draft slot, and Beathard not able to hold on as 'starter'. But if he hits on a pass rusher next, it can change a lot next season.

Last year's class is doing well so far, helped by Pettis now showing his stuff. Couldn't tell how well Tavrious Moore was covering receivers, but he looked good running around.

From the free agent side, Richburg seems ok at Center. Sherman is playing well at CB. I'm glad he didn't 'overreach' on free agents to date, and still has a lot of cap space. Cause once the draft picks form a foundation next season (with a pass rusher), then he's in position to add the top FA's. He will also be in position to keep our own as contracts start to expire (ex Buckner).

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lynch's first draft is taking a hit with Foster cut, Thomas not playing to his draft slot, and Beathard not able to hold on as 'starter'. But if he hits on a pass rusher next, it can change a lot next season.

Last year's class is doing well so far, helped by Pettis now showing his stuff. Couldn't tell how well Tavrious Moore was covering receivers, but he looked good running around.

From the free agent side, Richburg seems ok at Center. Sherman is playing well at CB. I'm glad he didn't 'overreach' on free agents to date, and still has a lot of cap space. Cause once the draft picks form a foundation next season (with a pass rusher), then he's in position to add the top FA's. He will also be in position to keep our own as contracts start to expire (ex Buckner).
Hard to blame him on Foster. He was the most talented and physically gifted defensive player in the draft that year. Soloman Thomas, on the other hand, had "bust" written all over him from the start. I remember the draft pundits on the NFL channel and ESPN were incredulous that the 49ers took him that high because he was without a position in the pros.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to blame him on Foster. He was the most talented and physically gifted defensive player in the draft that year. Soloman Thomas, on the other hand, had "bust" written all over him from the start. I remember the draft pundits on the NFL channel and ESPN were incredulous that the 49ers took him that high because he was without a position in the pros.
Foster got himself thrown put of the combine for being a jerk.
The Niners ought to have known he's a crud

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Foster got himself thrown put of the combine for being a jerk.
The Niners ought to have known he's a crud
He did a lot more than that but I think the talent was worth the risk. Just didn't work out. He was the one player who really stood out in that draft. I was so excited when they got him. Seemed though that he couldn't stay on the field anyway. He was always hurt.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would agree with most of this except Richburg. He is playing at a below average level. He has been playing with a bum knee all season so I am hoping that has something to do with it.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

IDK. There were a number of red flags with Foster. One being his behavioral issues and the other his bum shoulder which some teams thought would be an issue. The FO thought both were not going to be issues but both the character and the shoulder became issues this year. I was okay with the pick at the time and by the end of last year it sure did look like a steal of the draft but unfortunately now was a bad decision by the FO

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK. There were a number of red flags with Foster. One being his behavioral issues and the other his bum shoulder which some teams thought would be an issue. The FO thought both were not going to be issues but both the character and the shoulder became issues this year. I was okay with the pick at the time and by the end of last year it sure did look like a steal of the draft but unfortunately now was a bad decision by the FO
Yeah. Hindsight is 20/20. I think he was worth the risk though.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
https://www.************.com/articles/122232-kyle-shanahan-robert-saleh-theres-people-there-better/

I'm ok with Saleh cause i think there was an extra amount of injuries this season. This for a team that didn't have depth or only rookie depth. Then the lack of a pass rusher is a big factor no coordinator can overcome If they can add an effective pass rusher alone, this defense will take two steps up.

Lets hope this effective pass rusher pans out next season. Lets not waste Buckner like Bryant Young.

I think run D will be more consistent with DJ Jones next season.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You forgot two

What's done is done when it comes to Jed. He made a lot of mistakes, but ASAIC, he's done nothing wrong since Shanahan/Lynch.

As for Lynch....I think we need more than just 2 years and the top of one draft to draw any conclusions. Foster, it seems, always was and will be a POS....although I don't remember any Niner fan trashing the pick when it was made. Still, I fully agree that ultimately, this one is on Lynch. The Thomas pick isn't looking good at all now either, but if they simply keep him inside, and get an edge/leo worth a damn (especially in the draft) then perhaps we can see some value.

Witherspoon also started rebounding from a poor start to the season, and Kittle has exploded onto the scene.

I think from this past draft that McGlinchey has been solid....probably better than his ND teammate in Nelson so far this year. Pettis is starting to show flashes, and Warner has stepped in and played well. The top end of the draft in 2018 looks good.

Then when you consider adding Jimmy Garoppolo in a trade, guys like Sherman in FA, Brieda in UFA....the worst you can say is that Lynch has been average. I think he deserves at least another off-season/free agency period/draft to draw any real conclusions.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Two can be fixed immediately with a little focus and attention to detail the other two I don't know what you do.
1. They cannot tackle. I've never seen a professional team that misses so many tackles. The Seattle game was no exception yesterday. The tackling was atrocious
2. The dead ball penalties are ridiculous and happen time after time after time. They are on pace to set an NFL record for moist dead ball penalties in a season.
3. They drop waaaaay to many passes. I'm not talking about tough passes I'm talking about ones right in their hands. Its stunning.
4. They simply cannot create a turnover. Never seen anything like it. Don't even come close to an INT and cannot seem to fall on a fumble either.

Don't know what you do about 1 and 4 except get better players. 2 and 4 you need to start cutting people who have their heads up their ass and can't pay attention with these ridiculous dead ball fouls; ie jumping off sides, delay of game, and unsportsman-like conduct. That will fix that. Guys not catching the ball you keep them out there all day on the juggs machine if they drop any passes in a game. Make there be consequences for these type things. Hold people accountable.

1. I'll assume tackling was better yesterday, since the Bears didn't have THAT much yards running.
2. A total of 6 penalties which isn't bad a all. How many were dead balls, i didn't look up.
3. Don't know about this one, but apparently Goodwin short armed a ball in the RZ?
4. Ok 2 yesterday.....TWO!

As much as i want to draft a dynamic WR, seems we need D first. The pass rusher is obvious but even following him. I know we should draft value first and foremost, but all things being equal, go D. Since i wouldn't want to depend on just one pass rusher, i'm advocating a SAM too.

BTW - Jaylon Ferguson is really quick, out of Louisiana Tech. Granted it was against Hawaii, but he still showed his athleticism and quickness.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. I'll assume tackling was better yesterday, since the Bears didn't have THAT much yards running.
2. A total of 6 penalties which isn't bad a all. How many were dead balls, i didn't look up.
3. Don't know about this one, but apparently Goodwin short armed a ball in the RZ?
4. Ok 2 yesterday.....TWO!

As much as i want to draft a dynamic WR, seems we need D first. The pass rusher is obvious but even following him. I know we should draft value first and foremost, but all things being equal, go D. Since i wouldn't want to depend on just one pass rusher, i'm advocating a SAM too.

BTW - Jaylon Ferguson is really quick, out of Louisiana Tech. Granted it was against Hawaii, but he still showed his athleticism and quickness.
Pass rush was pathetic. The run defense was solid and they tackled well. They actually created 4 turnovers but one was called back by a bullshit holding penalty on the other side of the field and another overturned by replay. But they had two that held up. They were ballhawking. First two turnovers since 5 October.

Goodwin short armed one that bounced off his hands and got picked. That was the only turnover for the 49ers. They got shut out again in the second half but this time it wasn't because Shanahan went into a shell. They tried but they just don't have any talent at the skill positions.

Red zone offense was horrible. Got in there 4 times and had only 3 Field goals to show for it. The worst though was the late game brain lock by Mullens. I tell you, this guy is dumb. 49ers get a turnover and advance the ball to the Chicago 45 with about a minute and 15 left. its 4th down and 4 and Mullens breaks out of the pocket to his right and has a minimum of 20 yards of open field ahead of him to gain an easy first down and he heaves up a hail mary out of the end zone. I was stunned at how ridiculous that was.
I bet the first thing Shanahan does today is show Mullens that film clip and say "what the fuck, young man?"

I can honestly say that that 4th down play was the one time I was wishing we had Beathard in there. He'd have picked up that first down by running. It seems Mullens has no concept of running that ball and when to do it. You've got to pick up that first down and get a fresh set of downs.