• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm Very Excite!

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8757771114_03d85b646b.jpg

I've driven past the very private Country Club of Pittsfield for the 32 years that I've been playing and have never had an invite. Well our course is having a three day 4 ball tournament that I'm not playing in and we have reciprocal tee times with Pittsfield so tomorrow morning me and Phil will finally get to play it!

golf-22.jpg

A buddy of mine who passed away years ago once spent a few hours in the parking lot trying to get an invite out onto the course but he couldn't get anyone to say yes so tomorrow's round will be dedicated to him~

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So excite that I was off by a day on this post!

It's tomorrow morning that we're playing~

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm very pleased that after waiting 32 years to play this course, I had a putt for 79 on the last hole! Of course I had to get it there, knocked it 8ft past and missed the come back putt to card an 81 but I really played very well all day. Made two flubs on the 11th for a triple and that was the only score above bogey all day. I played my 3 wood off every tee except one and consistently found the fairways. Then had a great day with the irons. Probably hit half the greens counting fringes.

We met up with two members on the 3rd tee and it was a delight to play with them and almost a necessity. The layout of the holes is crazy with long distances between tees. There's no map on the card and only a small google earth pic available in the pro shop....we truly would have been asking for directions all day. Every hole on the course is steep uphill or steep downhill. Very nice amenities and similar perfect course conditions as our course.

As for Phil, he somehow couldn't put a club on the ball. I've never seen him play so poorly. His sister was killed in a car accident on Friday afternoon. She was a troubled lady and they weren't close but still, it's his kid sister and I'll chalk it up to that.

....so I hope to make this an annual thing.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'm very pleased that after waiting 32 years to play this course, I had a putt for 79 on the last hole! Of course I had to get it there, knocked it 8ft past and missed the come back putt to card an 81 but I really played very well all day. Made two flubs on the 11th for a triple and that was the only score above bogey all day. I played my 3 wood off every tee except one and consistently found the fairways. Then had a great day with the irons. Probably hit half the greens counting fringes.

We met up with two members on the 3rd tee and it was a delight to play with them and almost a necessity. The layout of the holes is crazy with long distances between tees. There's no map on the card and only a small google earth pic available in the pro shop....we truly would have been asking for directions all day. Every hole on the course is steep uphill or steep downhill. Very nice amenities and similar perfect course conditions as our course.

As for Phil, he somehow couldn't put a club on the ball. I've never seen him play so poorly. His sister was killed in a car accident on Friday afternoon. She was a troubled lady and they weren't close but still, it's his kid sister and I'll chalk it up to that.

....so I hope to make this an annual thing.

Sorry to hear about Phil's sister...my condolences on his loss.

I played golf the day I got the word my mom had passed and actually played well, but totally different situation...she was ill/in pain for a long time, her passing was a relief to her and while I was sad when she did pass, I felt she was in a better place.

Good playing all around...but especially on a track you hadn't played before.

Our 3some group played with another group Sat. We've played the course once I can remember. It was supposed to be three 4somes...we were the second 4some off. Apparently only 1 player showed from the 3rd 4some showed and lo and behold he ends up in our 4some which John and I hated (we thought we should split into three 3somes) but we went with it.

Oddly, with one guy really struggling off the tee in our group, but by the 3rd hole we still found ourselves waiting on the group ahead. Of course a group from behind catches us and see the 5 players so they couldn't have been happy about that. Within 30 mins a marshal drives up (the same one that sent a single off) and we're thinking he's going to scold us about the 5some but he sees we're in the fairway waiting to hit. He asks if we've been waiting a lot...truth be told we had not up until that point, but he went up ahead and apparently gave them a warning b/c they picked up the pace.

The flow was pretty good for a while, then it bogged down again on the back 9 and same situation, we're waiting in the FW on the group ahead...this time they were forced to skip a hole and we finished out with decent pace, but I always felt pace of play was an issue...to the degree that I just started taking the box if the person who earned the box was not ready to hit right away....44-45 with a big fat 8 (double par) on 18.