• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm still proud of this team

Demonjoe93

The Hawks make me emo
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, I know all us Hawks fans (well, really more like UgaFan and I most of the time) are really disappointed we didn't win this series after claiming a 3-2 lead, but we should still be proud of how this team performed this posteason.

• We're under-sized
  • We're under-talented
  • We incredibly weak at the center position because we didn't have Al Horford for most of the season
  • Granted the Indiana Pacers had been playing bad coming into the Playoffs, they were still way more talented than us.

This is a team that most people thought would be a lottery team. Instead, before we lost Al, we were competing for the third seed. What I liked most about this team this year is that, under Mike Budenhozer, this team doesn't quit like they used to. Anyone else remember how the old Hawks would seem to lay down and take a beating under the realization that they're the Hawks? I didn't feel like this team had that attitude this year. I really like where this team is going with Danny Ferry as the GM and Mike as the HC. I think, down the road, if we just let our young guys develop more and get some more talent to go with them, we could have a real contender here.

bravesfan

simpobissible=making the simple into impossible
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is a hardluck franchise, it's a amazing that they been around this long and havent been to the conference finals, I applaud anyone that still cheers this team one. I followed the hawks from the 80s, 90s, and early 00s.....I've never seen a more disappointing bunch and today was no different