• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm sorry but OU is hot garbage without Tre Young

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's hard watching the team play. Trey is a freakin stud along with two other decent players but my God they're just so bad. How in the world are they 4th...

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU will be fine. K St is desperate. Desperate teams tend to pull off the upset. Also, it's normal for college kids to have a let down, especially coming off 3 games in a row against ranked teams.

sooner4life130

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
OU will be fine. K St is desperate. Desperate teams tend to pull off the upset. Also, it's normal for college kids to have a let down, especially coming off 3 games in a row against ranked teams.

Ive watched most of their games this year. They really are bad aa a whole. I dont think ive seen a more pathetic down low presence on an OU team in the last ten years. It's seriously terrible. They can shoot lights out at the 3 but that's basically it.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was one bad game. They have not played a bad game all year. I think the OT win vs Tcu took it out of them. Trae played awful but even Russell Westbrook has games like that. OU will be fine.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without Trae the team isn't very great

But they also would not suck without him.

Still would be a bubble team

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Young has been unimpressive the only times I've seen him play, versus WVU and KState.

Granted, those were probably his 2 worst games, but he chucked up a lot of bricks. Poor shot selection, though it is the Steph Curry era.

I actually think a senior Buddy Heild is a little better, but I haven't seen Young play his good games, have just heard the hype.

Hitman Hart

College Basketball's #1 Venue
Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Young has been unimpressive the only times I've seen him play, versus WVU and KState.

Granted, those were probably his 2 worst games, but he chucked up a lot of bricks. Poor shot selection, though it is the Steph Curry era.

I actually think a senior Buddy Heild is a little better, but I haven't seen Young play his good games, have just heard the hype.

Hield isn't even close to being the playmaker that Young is, but he played with more poise. Was also more efficient.

The only thing that is standing between Young and the Naismith award is Young's crazy high TOPG stat.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Kruger has won at K State since he's been at OU.

brandonk989

Hoopla Cash
$ 965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Kruger has won at K State since he's been at OU.

Which is interesting because I consider Lon Kruger and very good coach. And quite the opposite about Bruce Webber.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is interesting because I consider Lon Kruger and very good coach. And quite the opposite about Bruce Webber.

Lon Kruger played basketball at K-State, and he's coached in the NBA. Weber has always been a college coach winning conference championships and coach of the year honors at each of his head coaching stops. Weber has been in a title game in his only appearance in a Final Four. Kruger has been to the Final Four twice but never a title game. I do believe Kruger is a much better recruiter.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hield isn't even close to being the playmaker that Young is, but he played with more poise. Was also more efficient.

The only thing that is standing between Young and the Naismith award is Young's crazy high TOPG stat.

You can try to chalk it up to volume all you want but there is no other player in the country that could do what he is doing on the same volume. The turnovers are greatly blown out of proportion when you look at his usage rate and Oklahoma's pace of play. OU is 3rd in the country in adjusted tempo. Trae Young's turnover percentage is only 2% higher than Devonte' Graham's and Jevon Carter's.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can try to chalk it up to volume all you want but there is no other player in the country that could do what he is doing on the same volume. The turnovers are greatly blown out of proportion when you look at his usage rate and Oklahoma's pace of play. OU is 3rd in the country in adjusted tempo. Trae Young's turnover percentage is only 2% higher than Devonte' Graham's and Jevon Carter's.

I don't disagree.

1.) I never chalked it up to volume. My point about Hield was that Hield was crazy efficient during his senior year. Young actually shoots it as a solid percentage for a guard.
2.) 5.2 TOPG is still a high number, regardless if you factor in tempo.
3.) I don't think the TOPG stat should prevent him from winning the Naismith, but I anticipate a couple of hot takes about it.

Last edited:

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lon Kruger played basketball at K-State, and he's coached in the NBA. Weber has always been a college coach winning conference championships and coach of the year honors at each of his head coaching stops. Weber has been in a title game in his only appearance in a Final Four. Kruger has been to the Final Four twice but never a title game. I do believe Kruger is a much better recruiter.

Webber's problem is recruiting and player development.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oklahoma is having him do way too much. I don't know if his teammates are really that bad.

It's doing wonders for Trae Young the NBA draftee, but at the end of the day I think Oklahoma will do better if they reign him in a bit. I can't recall any NCAA point guard having as much usage.

It's hard to have a little point guard do everything and win.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma is having him do way too much. I don't know if his teammates are really that bad.

It's doing wonders for Trae Young the NBA draftee, but at the end of the day I think Oklahoma will do better if they reign him in a bit. I can't recall any NCAA point guard having as much usage.

It's hard to have a little point guard do everything and win.

That might be the selling point that they used to get him to sign?

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard watching the team play. Trey is a freakin stud along with two other decent players but my God they're just so bad. How in the world are they 4th...

You guys have an offense. You’ll be fine.

I’m more worried about the disaster I just watched Monday on the offensive side of the ball.

Hitman Hart

Hoopla Cash
$ 301.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's tough to recruit to Manhattan Kansas

I was mainly talking about his time at Illinois. That program had a lot of momentum after 2005, and his classes there from 2005 through 2008 were mediocre.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is something interesting I heard on Sirius yesterday while driving the wide open expanses of West Texas.

If Trae Young were to win the Naismith, OU will have both the Heisman and Naismith winner the same school year. (Not calendar year.) Know which is the only other school to achieve this?

None but OU also did it in the 08-09 school year with Sam Bradford and Blake Griffen.

Haven't researched it but I'll take Sirius word for it.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah on second thought this team no threat

It's literally just Young jacking up a shot everytime down the floor these days