• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm simply not anticipating much player movement this summer

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone expecting Chris Paul, Kawhi Leonard, Damian Lillard, Ben Simmons, or Bradley Beal to switch teams may end up being bitterly disappointed.

That's not to say there isn't a surprise or two on the horizon, but there just aren't very many teams that have legit cap space at the moment.

As far as my teams are concerned, the Pacers are capped out and just hired a 61-year-old future HOF coach. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to make drastic moves now. Rick Carlisle teams generally don't make blockbuster trades anyway (Porzingis was the one exception). It makes more sense for us to evaluate what we got with our new coach and make moves later...

The Nuggets may be in a bit of a bind with both Will Barton and JaMychal Green both opting out. It's a safe bet they won't be keeping both those guys. In fact, it's probably more likely they lose both...

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bold Strategy Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you aren’t any fun at all

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really depends on the time table for Beal and Dame. If they want out before the season starts that will trigger movement because others will be reacting to the new look of the teams they go to.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone expecting Chris Paul, Kawhi Leonard, Damian Lillard, Ben Simmons, or Bradley Beal to switch teams may end up being bitterly disappointed.

That's not to say there isn't a surprise or two on the horizon, but there just aren't very many teams that have legit cap space at the moment.

As far as my teams are concerned, the Pacers are capped out and just hired a 61-year-old future HOF coach. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to make drastic moves now. Rick Carlisle teams generally don't make blockbuster trades anyway (Porzingis was the one exception). It makes more sense for us to evaluate what we got with our new coach and make moves later...

The Nuggets may be in a bit of a bind with both Will Barton and JaMychal Green both opting out. It's a safe bet they won't be keeping both those guys. In fact, it's probably more likely they lose both...

It'll be interesting to see.

On the one hand, you're right...not a lot of cap space out there for a lot of teams.

On the other hand, we have teams that definitely need to make moves and some players who may be interested in moving on that haven't been before this season like Dame and Beal.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not the point of the thread at all,, but you just casually threw out there Rick Carlisle future HOF coach, and I'm not so sure. I like him as a coach. I think he's solid. Just maybe not HOF.

His first two seasons with the Pistons looked good, but then Brown came and won a ring after they let him go. The Packers got worse every year under his first stint. He had some good initial years with the Java and Peak No it ski including taking the ring that first year super team Heat choked on. But then he's been pretty pedestrian with first round playoff exits as peaks. Sure, he's won a.lot of games, since he's.been around a while now, and he does have one ring. But to me he needs to add a little more for a.shoe in to the hall; right now he's very marginal in my book.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not the point of the thread at all,, but you just casually threw out there Rick Carlisle future HOF coach, and I'm not so sure. I like him as a coach. I think he's solid. Just maybe not HOF.

His first two seasons with the Pistons looked good, but then Brown came and won a ring after they let him go. The Packers got worse every year under his first stint. He had some good initial years with the Java and Peak No it ski including taking the ring that first year super team Heat choked on. But then he's been pretty pedestrian with first round playoff exits as peaks. Sure, he's won a.lot of games, since he's.been around a while now, and he does have one ring. But to me he needs to add a little more for a.shoe in to the hall; right now he's very marginal in my book.
To me, the biggest braindead moment in the history of the Pacers front office was letting Artest sit at home for 40 days after he asked for a trade.

That right there likely cost Carlisle some valuable wins...

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, he's a basketball coach. Never understood why the Packers hired him. :D
Gotta love the Kindle not recognizing the Pacers as a real team and changing it to the Packers.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love the Kindle not recognizing the Pacers as a real team and changing it to the Packers.

Kindle can expect a strongly worded letter from cane for that egregious oversight.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kindle can expect a strongly worded letter from cane for that egregious oversight.
I'm usually not petty enough to pay mind to typos like that one, unless it's one egregious enough to mistype "big games" as "nig games"...

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect lots of trades but not major fa movement

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This aged well
It has, hasn't it? I'm prepared to go home early tonight due to the lack of trade action.

The fact that I took the most entertainment from the Pistons' salary dump explains all you need to know.

Unless Dame becomes unhappy with the Blazers' position by the end of August, it's going to be a weak offseason.