• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm pretty much done with Tim Miles

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give him his last year, but if we don't make the tourney it's time for him to kick rocks.

I'm sick and tired of our most talented players transferring away. That is not a Nebraska issue, that is a Tim Miles issue. It's a common thread in his time here at Nebraska. Again and again and again, players leaving to "make themselves better."

We struggle enough to get 4-star guys to come to Nebraska, and then when we get one we can't even fucking keep them here.

Ed Morrow was one we couldn't afford to lose. He's a bigger loss than Andrew White was going into this season. This makes me sick.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if we win 20 games next year, if we don't make the tourney, see ya later.

I don't care how many games we win. Tourney or bust. Shit, I might even go one step further and say 1st round win or bust. I haven't decided yet.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he tweets at halftime come on its cool.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if we win 20 games next year, if we don't make the tourney, see ya later.

I don't care how many games we win. Tourney or bust. Shit, I might even go one step further and say 1st round win or bust. I haven't decided yet.

I agree 100% with 90% of what you said. This transfer really has my panties in a wad.

Morrow may have been undersized but he was one of your best and most experienced players on the team. If your players were truly bought in to a coach and that coach just got a stay of execution from the AD and you had a talented roster coming back with a bunch of playing time already you wouldn't be transferring. This transfer is 100% on Miles

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't pretend like I know everything that's going on behind the scenes, but Miles gives off that vibe that he's one of those guys who just shrugs his shoulders and says "alright fuck you" when a player comes to him and says they're thinking about transferring.

Man, you've got to work your ass off to keep players in the program. Horne made sense, but Morrow doesn't. White didn't. Pitchford didn't.

Those are all bluechip players who were going to be prime time guys in their upcoming seasons at Nebraska and they left. There has to be something seriously wrong for that to happen. It's no coincidence.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really who is gonna replace him though. Who even wants the Nebraska job at this point?

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me again why paying a bball coach a shit ton of money is a bad thing? Because right now we are literally pissing money away on this ducking clown. Boot his ass and go get Bruce pearl

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really who is gonna replace him though. Who even wants the Nebraska job at this point?

Basically we're in the same situation as Northwestern was.

The answer to your question is.....nobody with a resume is gonna want it. We have to get lucky and pick the right up and comer like NW did.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take a deaf dumb and blind monkey over this shit show. I think we win 4 games next year. Biggest joke in college basketball maybe college sports.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nw didn't get a up and comer. He has a shit ton of priceless experience couching on one of the best staffs ever assembled. And one of the best coaches ever. Is not an up-and-comer he was biding his time

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nw didn't get a up and comer. He has a shit ton of priceless experience couching on one of the best staffs ever assembled. And one of the best coaches ever. Is not an up-and-comer he was biding his time

HP, any coach.....ANY coach in the entire world who has never been a head coach before......is a stab in the dark.

I don't care if they have sucked on coach K's tit all their life while coach Calipari rocked them to sleep every night on his lap telling them all of his secrets of coaching.

If he wasn't an up and comer somebody besides the biggest dumpster fire in College Basketball would have hired him. I mean we're talking about Northwestern here!!! Comon' man. Let's not pretend like everyone in the world saw him going in there and taking them to the tourney.

I mean how did he last so long at Duke as a little assistant boy if he was that much of a knock out hire?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HP, why don't we just go get one of Calipari's long time connections?

We'll just pick one of them and pay them 3 million and he'll take us to the Final 4.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah because in no possibly way could he have sat it out and waited till he was good and ready. NW like Duke is a very prestigious school maybe he was waiting till he could coach smart players instead of knuckle heads. Or maybe his wife told him it wasn't a good time.. Who the fuck knows why he was on coach Ks staff for so long but I will tell you he has more experience sitting on that bench and listening. Then Miles and all his head coaching experience who took over the Nebraska program and somehow sank it farther in the mud then it already was. Plus coach K could have let him coach more then you think. I highly doubt that he was just a lil church mouse in the meetings and during games. "sorry guys id like to help but I'm a up and comer" give me a break. you would not last long on coach Ks staff if you didn't know your shit. and maybe that's why he was on his staff so long He's a hell of a coach and K didn't want to lose him after all he played for coach K, that combined with loyalty.
He is probably next in line at Duke but the powers that be there want him to have head coaching experience. That doesn't mean that he is new in any sense of the word. You think he doesn't have inroads to all the top High schools and AAU programs around the country.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant tell if you are trying to burn me or not. But why not get one of his assistants it couldn't possibly be any worse then it is now. and players might have a lil faith in the coach being on a powerful staff like Caliparis they might not run for the hills the second the season is over.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just come to the dark side and admit that we need to get ahead of the wave and pay a coach 5mill plus to insure hes longevity here. I mean do you think coaches are going to come to this dumpster fire and then get paid "shit money' on top of it?

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me all of theeeee posts you made on here over the years where you were screaming and hollaring for us to hire Chris Collins.

It wasn't until now that suddenly you're saying we should have hired him. Pretty easy to say it now, that's all I'm saying.

Several assistants of great coaches have been hired over the years and it's been a crapshoot every time. They rarely pan out. You roll the dice and you either get lucky or you pay to roll the dice again.

That's the way it works when you suck at something. If you were the head coach of Nebraska Football making 3 million a year, would you leave if Kansas offered you 4.5 million a year?

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it depends did Kansas just sink 160 Million into a state of the art and world leading facilities I might think about it. Lowered expectations more money and a more forgiving fan base. Could be a nice spot plus Kansas has proven that they can creep into the top 5 more recently then Nebraska so I might think about it.

I never once was screaming for Collins nor have I ever claimed to even know who he was up until recent weeks. What I have been "screaming" for is a proven coach. I firmly believe that Nebraska doesn't have to settle for a up and comer in any of our athletics Let alone one we just put 160 million into.

My WHOLE ARGUMENT is to go get a proven coach and pay that son of a bitch to stay here. I am not talking about hiring a assistant I want a head coach that is proven and has a above .600 win percentage. and I don't think with all the money we have in this state that paying for success should be given a second thought. We have "nothing to do here" so lets invest in our major revenue makers in this state. College sports and have them pay for themselves with merch and ticket sales.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what you are suggesting is to just spin our tires and hope and pray that what we can crack the middle of the big ten and then not get selected to the NIT. Cant wait for the next 20 years 5 different head coaching changes 50 transfers, 200 more million sunk into the Vault. with 11 wins seasons. Yeah lets go get us a up and comer J. sounds fucking great.