• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm in a dynasty draft.....

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 team dynasty, standard scoring ( not a lot of those around), start 1QB, !RB, 2 WR, I TE and then full IDP. I pick at 1.10. The picks so far are......

1.01 Harris
1.02 Etienne
1.03 Pitts
1.04 Chase
1.05 J. Williams
1.06 Lawrence
1.07 D. Smith
1.08 Sermon
1.09 Lance

Last edited:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took Jaylen Waddle with the 1.10. I got Julio and Adams as my starters so need to look to the future at that position. I was pretty set at RB with Barkley, Cook and Dobbins ( only need to start one). Thought about drafting Wilson since Rodgers is my stater and Tannehill and Darnold at backup.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took Jaylen Waddle with the 1.10. I got Julio and Adams as my starters so need to look to the future at that position. I was pretty set at RB with Barkley, Cook and Dobbins ( only need to start one). Thought about drafting Wilson since Rodgers is my stater and Tannehill and Darnold at backup.

Wilson over Fields?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So....
1.10 Waddle
1.11 M. Carter
1.12 Fields

I was a little surprised to see Sermon go before Carter even though I like him better.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So....
1.10 Waddle
1.11 M. Carter
1.12 Fields

I was a little surprised to see Sermon go before Carter even though I like him better.
Chasing that Shanny magic vs the Jets higher probability of touches, but overall suckiness

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chasing that Shanny magic vs the Jets higher probability of touches, but overall suckiness

and based off draft capital, both are more likely to bust than breakout

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seeing Pollard go after some of these rookie RBs???

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mac Jones AND Pat F'muth before Elijah Moore & Terrace Marshall is wrong on so many levels. At least it was by the same guy. Parsons in the 3.1 makes up for some of that dumbfckery. Is this "the guy" in this league that would take a kicker in round 9 of a 16 round snake draft?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mac Jones AND Pat F'muth before Elijah Moore & Terrace Marshall is wrong on so many levels. At least it was by the same guy. Parsons in the 3.1 makes up for some of that dumbfckery. Is this "the guy" in this league that would take a kicker in round 9 of a 16 round snake draft?
He was starting Cam Newton and had no backup QB, and he did draft Chase round 1 to go with A. Brown, Diggs and Tyler Boyd. So thinking he didn't want to use his 1st on a QB and by the time it got to him it was Mac Jones or Wilson and he needed a QB much more then a depth WR.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd do it, in any league, any format. Moore and Marshall have next to no "this guy could be something really special." to them, they're just another couple of WR's. Freirmouth does, and Mac Jones? Meh, maybe nothing special, but decent QB2's are in short supply

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd do it, in any league, any format. Moore and Marshall have next to no "this guy could be something really special." to them, they're just another couple of WR's. Freirmouth does, and Mac Jones? Meh, maybe nothing special, but decent QB2's are in short supply

disagree on the Marshall assessment, hope I'm more right on that one that you!
when he actually played, his game reminds me a bit of a slightly bigger Diggs, willing to catch it in the middle and fast enough to beat you over the top. Both had some injuries in college that damped their draft stock too.

I'd still take the gamble on the WRs over a shot-in-the-dark TE and at best, a middling QB

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when he actually played, his game reminds me a bit of a slightly bigger Diggs, willing to catch it in the middle and fast enough to beat you over the top. Both had some injuries in college that damped their draft stock too.

I'd still take the gamble on the WRs over a shot-in-the-dark TE and at best, a middling QB
As our resident WR hoarder - - I find that so shocking coming from you. ..... :D
But must admit it was WR's that made a difference for me last yr. .... :yo:

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd do what in any league/format? Draft a rookie TE before taking WRs that in a year might be the best on their teams? I understand now the plight this guy was in with Cam being his only QB, but still, looks bad to me. For good measure, he then took Trask later, showing just how needy he is. I'm not a QB whisperer and don't doubt Jones to be one day something fantasy relevant, but the cupboard in NE is still bare. I like the Trask pick much better a round later.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd do what in any league/format? Draft a rookie TE before taking WRs that in a year might be the best on their teams? I understand now the plight this guy was in with Cam being his only QB, but still, looks bad to me. For good measure, he then took Trask later, showing just how needy he is. I'm not a QB whisperer and don't doubt Jones to be one day something fantasy relevant, but the cupboard in NE is still bare. I like the Trask pick much better a round later.
The best WR on a team doesn't really mean diddly sqwat. Did the best Raven, Niner, Jet, Panther, or Patriot WR contribute to your fantasy success last year? Is there any reason to believe that any of those teams did anything significant to improve the probability of that relevance this year? (I mean I guess Wilson COULD be viewed as a potential upgrade, but thus far he seems to be the consensus pick to be this year's megabust, and I like Mac Jones to stabilize the offense in comparison to Cam, but I certainly don't expect a 4000+ 30 TD year out of him anytime soon) Do they seem to be changing offensive philosophies, or getting some substantial QB upgrade that is just going to magically inject the passing game with production? Anything more than a shot in the dark to assume it'll be much better the year after?? All of them are shots in the dark. There are roster worthy WR's EVERYWHERE, they are literally a dime a dozen. Are they the ones you necessarily want to start? Maybe not, but it is SO much easier to find, or acquire, decent WR's than any other position. So unless they seem to be some one who is going to be "special", why invest anything substantial? Friermouth may very well be a shot in the dark, but at a position where they are only 3-5 sure things and 20 other dudes you don't want to start, but you gotta pick one, thats where I'm stabbing in the dark.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fair enough, I just saw literally ZERO WR's in this draft, after Chase, that had anything truly special about them. It was like one Dez Bryant/Julio Jones, 3 Henry Ruggs/John Ross and like 12 whose ceilings were in the WR2 area..which hey, that's not bad, just doesn't get me excited in the slightest...especially not with a paper thin position like TE, or a possible decent QB, if I don't already have 2. Like I said in my reply to Dallas..I can trade for WR2's, I can find flex plays on the wire (unless it's friggin D2..but QB would still Trump the WR in that mess), I cannot find decent TE's on the wire unless I get really lucky and catch lightning in a bottle, just as well make that leap of faith in the draft while there's still a storm circling, rather than wait for it to pass and search the scrap heap...no storm, no lightning