• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I'm going to be honest about Seattle

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if "there could only be one", which one?

That's what I was before Reagan gave my citizenship back. Used to be you had to choose. Because I was under 18 (and therefore brainwashed!), Ronnie gave back my US citizenship.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At bare minimum I've seen enough to say he'll at least be a good QB in the league. I just think it's a question of how good he'll be. Top 3? Top 5? Top 10?

And I've come to that conclusion because you can't really say it was the system he was in or the talent around him making look good because he came in at that trade deadline and the talent around him had only won 1 game up till that point.

But mainly is if you just watch him play he shows you the things you want to see and look for in a great QB. Can quickly process information, make accurate throws, lightning quick release, and great pocket presence.

I'd be as optimistic were I a 9er fan.

The cautionary voice in my head says that you could go back and find similar things (minus the lightning quick release) on a certain Redskins young QB.

So, be optimistic, but I'd feel more secure after a slightly larger sample size.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are record patterns with SF against the AFC that indicate a turnaround.

2003: 1-3
2004: 0-4
2005: 1-3

Since Alex Smith was drafted......

2006: 2-2
2007: 1-3
2008: 2-2
2009: 1-3
2010: 2-2

Since the Harbaugh era
2011: 3-1
2012: 4-0
2013: 3-1
2014: 1-3 (two of the games were in the fallout in December. They split Den/KC early on)

Since the end of the Harbaugh era
2015: 1-3
2016: 0-4

Since the start of the JG era (three of four games were with him as starter)
2017: 3-1 (if they weren't for real they would not have won those games, esp. against Tennessee and Jacksonville. Before the season, they were looking to lose both).

What record will they have against the AFC West? They play KC and LAC back to back on the road. They could steal one, and should win at home against Oakland, especially on short rest, and against Denver. They could stay 3-1 again, or even sweep the division.

They are sure to beat Detroit and Chicago at home from the NFC North. You think they can't win at home against the giants and win in TB? That would be seven wins outside the division. Add three wins in the division. That's a playoff team. I have SF sweeping Arizona though. So make it eleven and even if they don't beat the bucs, it's still ten. (I think they are going 12-4)

Everything boils down to the QB. I don't doubt SF is on the rise and JG looked good last season but it was a small sample size plus the league has tape on him so I expect some growing pains in his first full season. I think SF could be a 8-10 win team.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is my issue as well. Hes only played what. 6 games?

I need more to call him what everyone else is calling him.

There have been flashes in the pan before

I see your point but I kind of see the "it" factor with JG despite the small sample size. I said the same about Wentz ("it" factor) and he had a horrible team around him his rookie year and then boom, looked real good his second year. He's in our division so we're going to see lots of JG.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see your point but I kind of see the "it" factor with JG despite the small sample size. I said the same about Wentz ("it" factor) and he had a horrible team around him his rookie year and then boom, looked real good his second year. He's in our division so we're going to see lots of JG.

But my thing is everyone is comparing him as Joe Montana jr.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But my thing is everyone is comparing him as Joe Montana jr.

In fairness, Rick Mirer was also compared to being the next Montana and as a Hawks fan I was gitty when we drafted him. I understand why SF fans are super hyped about JG.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At bare minimum I've seen enough to say he'll at least be a good QB in the league. I just think it's a question of how good he'll be. Top 3? Top 5? Top 10?

And I've come to that conclusion because you can't really say it was the system he was in or the talent around him making look good because he came in at that trade deadline and the talent around him had only won 1 game up till that point.

But mainly is if you just watch him play he shows you the things you want to see and look for in a great QB. Can quickly process information, make accurate throws, lightning quick release, and great pocket presence.
Meh , 6 TDs 5 interceptions and a injury history to boot. I’d pump the brakes if I were you, he’s hasn’t proved anything yet.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh , 6 TDs 5 interceptions and a injury history to boot. I’d pump the brakes if I were you, he’s hasn’t proved anything yet.

Took the words right out of my mouth Harold.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

That's really his only negative stat and a couple of those picks were just him not being completely in sync with the offense and throwing to places he thought the receiver was going to be.

His QB rating was 96.2, QBR (if you buy into the stat) was 78.2, completion percentage was 67%, Yard per attempt was 8.76.

He's been only injured once so it's too early to say if he's injury prone or just was unlucky.

Agreed that the sample size is small and I'm not crowning him as the next Brady or Rodgers but I do feel pretty confident and saying he'll be at least considered a good QB in the league and it just remains to be seen how good.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wheels are gonna fall off next year. I don't see how they survive that schedule against the vikings, packers, lions, chargers, chiefs, raiders, panthers, and cowboys. Not to mention their own division with two emerging teams and they can't even sweep the other one. No one wants to even think about it but Seattle will be below .500.

The Seahawks are 7-1 against those teams you mentioned...

Hillbillyzombie

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think they're going to take a big step back next year. Can't see them winning 8 games this yr.
Yup you sure got that one right...

The NFL is a young mans game and those Seahawks are getting old. Wilson might win them a bunch of games alone, but they are done contending. They may not even make the playoffs.
Ohhh so close
"We"

Pains me to say it, but the Seahawks, Niners and Cards will all be reaching for 8 wins. Rams walk away with the division this year and the wild card is not coming out of the NFC west.

Some of you Seahawk fans are delusional as fuk.
Only part of that quote that is right is that the Rams walk away with the division...
When we make the playoffs this season I'm gonna tell him "I told you so." LOL.
Shit now is your chance

Hillbillyzombie

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
images

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup you sure got that one right...

Ohhh so close

Only part of that quote that is right is that the Rams walk away with the division...

Shit now is your chance
Ahhh yes. Monday morning QB guy. :clap:

The Seahawks definitely achieved more than almost anyone thought. They deserve props for that. Now can they win a road wildcard game? I see them having a better shot beating Chicago. The Bears just feel like pretenders to me.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those here saying the Hawks draft hasn't been good and that we wouldn't have anyone good to replace the veterans we let go or traded, here's the last 4 drafts...

Last Years draft along could turn out to be one of the best drafts the Hawks have had in a while... All the highlighted players in '18 draft will be major/have been major contributors for the team... We saw how good Dissly was doing before he was lost for the year and Penny has been very good when he get's the rock... Lot's to be excited about from the last 4 drafts...

upload_2018-12-26_13-6-29.png

Hillbillyzombie

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahhh yes. Monday morning QB guy. :clap:

The Seahawks definitely achieved more than almost anyone thought. They deserve props for that. Now can they win a road wildcard game? I see them having a better shot beating Chicago. The Bears just feel like pretenders to me.
I'm not sure on that. If they have to go to Dallas they would need some big plays from the Defense to keep them in that game. If they get Chicago again I would think Big balls Pete will make the right adjustments to hopefully come out on top.