• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Iginla rumor(few days old)

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey I just stumbled across this article(to be found below) which in a way speculates that the Flyers would be interested and able to acquire the services of Iginla. I know the article is about a week old at this point. I was wondering what others thought of this, if they thought the price that would have to be paid would be worth it and if in the end it really makes us that much better of a team?

Jarome Iginla Trade Rumors: 5 Things He Would Bring to the Philadelphia Flyers | Bleacher Report

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would be by far the highest paid player on the team for the next 3 years. You get him, say goodbye to Zherdev and Shelley (
hi5.gif
) and Leino (
Smiley-Crying.gif
) next year to keep his contract, plus Hartnell, Nodl, and what little picks and prospects we have left just to make the trade.

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
honestly, i'll pass..it would shake up the team way too much. would love to have him here, but he makes too much and we'd lose some good prospects and young guys

soulxflare

Arrive. Raise Hell. Leave.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would be by far the highest paid player on the team for the next 3 years. You get him, say goodbye to Zherdev and Shelley (
hi5.gif
) and Leino (
Smiley-Crying.gif
) next year to keep his contract, plus Hartnell, Nodl, and what little picks and prospects we have left just to make the trade.

Looking at it strictly from a salary POV, it wouldn't be that hard to make the numbers work. If Hartnell and Zherdev are our centerpieces of the deal, you are giving up 6.2M in cap space to get 7.0M in return. And, correct me if I'm wrong, but once Leighton clears waivers or is claimed, I believe his salary comes off the books. That puts us at 7M in, and 7.75M out.

After this year, Carbomb/Powe/Nodl are RFAs and Leino/O'Donnel/Boosh are UFAs. The only guy from those 6 that we NEED to keep would be Leino. I'm sure Homer could pull some cap magic (cut Matt Walker?) to try and retain either Powe or Nodl as well.

Yeah, it would put some stress on the F.O. to make everything work, but I think that Hartnell/Zherdev for Iginla is an undeniable upgrade for us.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Iginla is worth basically nothing. An aging player with a massive hit.

No thanks.

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
he has 16 goals and 19 assist so far...always liked him...hartnell no loss to me...Zherdev...ok...making the cap even more of a problem...just dont know...

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. Unless we can only dump ********, Shitty, Leighton and Zherdev for him...the cost is too high for me too.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if we need Iggy but man would he destroy teams since he wouldn't be the focus of attention on Philly like he is with the flames. Even with the loss of players they'd score enough to overcome it....very tough call as I'd have no trouble seeing cheap guys like Wellwood brought up in place of Nodl, Powe or Z.