• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Iggy to Boston

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iginla could easily score 30 next year if healthy and playing with Krejci and Lucic...Book it!

Well there you go once someone say's book it, It must Be.

My point still remains the team got older and slower when I consider all the players lost and gained this team IMO did not improve. We lost the cup because IMO the team was slow, not sure how this makes things better.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there you go once someone say's book it, It must Be.

My point still remains the team got older and slower when I consider all the players lost and gained this team IMO did not improve. We lost the cup because IMO the team was slow, not sure how this makes things better.

I'll try this again ... it was all about $$$$ and cap space! Can you not see that? Take off your sentimental glasses and put on your business hat. Sequin/Peverly were costing us 9 million ... YES, 9 million for just TWO players that didnt earn their paychecks when it mattered. I repeat ... 9 million dollars that is/was needed to keep the players we need on this team ... namely Rask/Bergeron!

Would you have rather kept Sequin/Peverly around rather than being able to re-sign Rask/Bergeron or whoever, just so you can say your team is a bit younger and faster??? Think about what you're saying. PC had to make some tough decisions and he did the right thing, if you ask me. Would I have liked to have been able to afford Sequin ... hell yes, but it wasn't gonna happen with this team's salary situation as it was.

:gaah: :peace:

Last edited by a moderator:

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll try this again ... it was all about $$$$ and cap space! Can you not see that? Take off your sentimental glasses and put on your business hat. Sequin/Peverly were costing us 9 million ... YES, 9 million for just TWO players that didnt earn their paychecks when it mattered. I repeat ... 9 million dollars that is/was needed to keep the players we need on this team ... namely Rask/Bergeron!

Would you have rather kept Sequin/Peverly around rather than being able to re-sign Rask/Bergeron or whoever, just so you can say your team is a bit younger and faster??? Think about what you're saying. PC had to make some tough decisions and he did the right thing, if you ask me. Would I have liked to have been able to afford Sequin ... hell yes, but it wasn't gonna happen with this team's salary situation as it was.

:gaah: :peace:

No need to be a condescending prick I know exactly why it was done, it's what the Bruins have always done. They get talent sign them to big contracts then get rid of them this is nothing new. And does not negate the fact that the team got older and slower, a point you seem to me missing or more likely ignoring.

The loss of Peverly, Seguin and Horton is a much bigger loss then us gaining Iginla. Not sure how this is so damn hard to understand. You couple that with the loss of back up net minder Khudobin and I just ain't sure how this makes the Bruins a better team.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pardon me for being into basketball as much as hockey. Possibly more so.

I've watched Iguodala more often than Iginla and they both frequently referred to as "Iggy."

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to be a condescending prick I know exactly why it was done, it's what the Bruins have always done. They get talent sign them to big contracts then get rid of them this is nothing new. And does not negate the fact that the team got older and slower, a point you seem to me missing or more likely ignoring.

The loss of Peverly, Seguin and Horton is a much bigger loss then us gaining Iginla. Not sure how this is so damn hard to understand. You couple that with the loss of back up net minder Khudobin and I just ain't sure how this makes the Bruins a better team.

Last years regular season top 2 lines

Horton - Krejci - Lucic
Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin

Playoffs we all know Seguin got sent to the 3rd line

This coming year

Iggy - Krejci - Lucic
Marchand - Bergeron - Erikkson

The only thing really that is different is the speed of Seguin. Erikkson is not as fast but is a good player and will fit in well with that line. Hell they may even out him on the 1st and have Iggy play on Bergerons line.

As far as production goes The Bruins actually got more goal scoring with this trade then sticking with Horton and Seguin. Horton was never gonna come back cause this is his last chance at FA and he won big...going to columbus on a 7 yr deal at a cap hit of 5.3 per...No way if I was Bruins staff would I have dropped 5.3 on him.

Seguins upside is great but its also a wildcard. Who knows what the real reason the Bruins choose to dump him. I dont believe it was salary. The Bruins saw things they did like and cut bait.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mojo ... I'm not trying to be a "condescending prick" as you put it ... believe me, I'm not. If I came off that way, I'm sorry for that. I guess I'm just tired of hearing all the nut-hugging Sequin is getting ... for what? He had a great rookie season and helped us win a cup. Then, I truly believe, it went to his head. He was more concerned with partying, looking pretty and playing Joe Cool instead of concentrating on his game ... and it showed, big time. It always seems to happen when you pay a youngster of his type a big fat, long term contract after coming off a good showing the season prior ... then they go to hell (for lack of a better term). Do you really think he was worth keeping him around for 5.75 million per year for another 4 years??? I don't ... not at that price ... especially when we are cap-strapped and have other, MORE IMPORTANT, players/producers to concentrate on getting under contract. Again, I would have loved to have been able to keep Sequin, but I saw the writing on the wall with the salary cap. Rask/Bergeron (et al) were not going to come cheap, but I feel they are more worthwhile than a 21 year old party/poonhound @ 5.75 million per year.

Did we actually get "slower"? I dunno ... maybe ... maybe not. Have you looked at the current roster on this team? There's alot of young faces currently listed. Iggy is not that slow btw ... he has quite a burst when he wants to with this 36 yr old legs, believe it or not. I saw enough of him in Calgary to know that. I only metion that b/c you seem to keep comparing the Sequin deal with the Iggy deal ... apples and oranges, my friend. I believe Iggy was brought in more to replace Horton than Sequin.

Anywho ... there's alot left to happen between our debating this and training camp/regular season ... we shall see. :suds:

BF4L

Black/Gold Glasses
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,520.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree ... as well as Sequin scoring 30+ with Dallas. :)

He may very well. He is gonna be Dallas's top line center and get a ton of mins and PP time. He basically is there #1 player.

I dunno if I was Seguin do I wanna score 30 and be a +2 for the season cause the team sucks or do I wanna score 20 and be a solid 2 way player on a team that can go far in the playoffs?

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may very well. He is gonna be Dallas's top line center and get a ton of mins and PP time. He basically is there #1 player.

I dunno if I was Seguin do I wanna score 30 and be a +2 for the season cause the team sucks or do I wanna score 20 and be a solid 2 way player on a team that can go far in the playoffs?

Sequin has never been a two-way player, and I would be surprised if he ever does turn out that way. He was pretty much a "defensive liability" IMO. I'm just glad he's in the Western Conference and hope him all the success in the world.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I guess we will just have to see what happens, I am done with this.

Bobby-4-Orr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohhh so I got his age wrong excuse me and I did not say they swapped players. I never said Sgeuin was a stud and I did say twice as slow if you took that in the literal sense you are an idiot. Iggy is considerably slower the Seguin and the front line is slow enough. You are wise to not argue seem you know little about the team or the game
Most everyone is slower than Seguin, so what? In my opinion that's part of his problem, he has a ton of speed but it seems lately he doesn't know what to do with it. On breakaways, he'd fly into the zone and shoot the puck into the goalies chest.
Iggy (I hope) wil have that zest to want to win especially after the poor choice he made last season.:nod:

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most everyone is slower than Seguin, so what? In my opinion that's part of his problem, he has a ton of speed but it seems lately he doesn't know what to do with it. On breakaways, he'd fly into the zone and shoot the puck into the goalies chest.
Iggy (I hope) wil have that zest to want to win especially after the poor choice he made last season.:nod:

I felt the biggest problem with Seguin this past season was getting shots on net, something I felt he could've worked on during this offseason, which is why I was surprised the B's traded him. Still tho, Bruins got some good pieces, the trade may work out well for everyone in the end. I think Iggy could bring a lot to the Bruins this season, especially on the power play. He's got a good point presence & still has a very nice shot. Could see the Bruins' power play improving significantly with Iggy aboard.

Bolt Fore

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never knew his name was " Jarome " I always knew him as IGGY.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing "Jarome"is an eastern European version of "Jerome." He did grow up
in what is now Slovakia if memory serves.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We lost the Cup because of streaks of poor puck-handling. Greater speed wouldn't
really have helped with that.

Win a race to a loose puck and then fail to control it, you're still wasting energy and making your goalie worktoohard. Rask carried us the whole post-season.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing "Jarome"is an eastern European version of "Jerome." He did grow up
in what is now Slovakia if memory serves.

Where are you getting this Slovakia info? Not even close! He was born and raised a Canadian in Alberta his whole life! He is not Zdeno Iginla or Jarome Krejci! LOL

:peace: :wtf2: :lol:

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are you getting this Slovakia info? Not even close! He was born and raised a Canadian in Alberta his whole life! He is not Zdeno Iginla or Jarome Krejci! LOL

:peace: :wtf2: :lol:
My mistake. I do make a few though not that many, I believe.

"Iginla" is an Eastern European name anyway. Whether he's ever been there or not.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My mistake. I do make a few though not that many, I believe.

"Iginla" is an Eastern European name anyway. Whether he's ever been there or not.

His lawyer father is from Nigeria (who changed his name when he moved to Canada) and his mother is from Oregon.

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iginla could easily score 30 next year if healthy and playing with Krejci and Lucic...Book it!

getting close! :nod:

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bye bye Iggy!:lame: