• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

IF ...........

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they somehow managed to play ball sometime this year, would you prefer them including an applause track? or would you rather watch it dry? would it lose some of its appeal with no crowd noise? the idea reminds me of the old home run derby of the sixties which at first seemed like a cool idea but turned out to be dull as shit.

also, if they got in some kind of season, how would stats be looked at? would they count towards a player's regular stats? would records count for teams even tho the leagues would be this one time only thing? would there be some kind of playoff?

imo ...... if they figured out a way to play (which as you know i highly doubt) then it should all be considered exhibition. no ab's or wins or losses go on official records of any kind.

curious what you all think.

ThereIsNoPlace

The New Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could make the "applause tracks" political. Like when an Astros batter gets beaned, the virtual crowd goes wild....or when the Cubs lose on a last at bat a virtual goat dick is slapped across Bartman's forehead.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They said a few weeks back that this would probably include mic'ing the players to listen live.

Which sounds very cool. I'm sure the players themselves are not thrilled.

I'm sure there would be a playoff (possibly even with fans by October) and that the stats would count towards career totals.