• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Wentz gets hurt again in 2019 season...

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so why haven't the Eagles paid him yet? They usually like to pay after 3 years to save a little money. Not in this case...they are waiting to see what happens in year 4.
Agreed
Yeah they have two years of him left, n o need to rush a mega contract if he has injury issues. See how the next two years play out and then pay him if you still want.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on the severity, but probably not since there's no real upside given he's on a rookie deal. At worst they decline the option and bring in competition.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak has more wins, more playoff wins and is healthier than Wentz. Something Jimmy G wouldn’t understand

What does Jimmy G have to do with it? Besides also being better than Dak?

Again....not that this means much.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does Jimmy G have to do with it? Besides also being better than Dak?

Again....not that this means much.
I see you confuse with "more expensive than" with "better than". Let me know when JimmyG has 10 wins in the NFL, then you can spout off about him being better than anyone else.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see you confuse with "more expensive than" with "better than". Let me know when JimmyG has 10 wins in the NFL, then you can spout off about him being better than anyone else.

Hmmm... did jimmy G win ROY and I missed it?

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Da fuq does Dak have to do with my OP? Fuck out of here, troll

Hey....you brought up Dak and his wins and other shit and Jimmy G.....clearly you were willing to expand on your thread but I guess not. Oh well.....Dak is still beneath Wentz and JG.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No....I did not confuse anything. You just enjoy your little Dakky, and most everyone else will be glad he's yours.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No reason for Wentz to play a full season if the Eagles won't extend him. He can take his preseason test in May. or whenever it is, and then hold out until Week 11. He'd lose a large chunk of the $8M+ against his name but it would be his best chance of getting to Year 5 in a healthy state when the Eagles would have a harder decision to make.

Goff is in the same boat, as is Prescott. I expect all 3 QBs to have new deals before September.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No reason for Wentz to play a full season if the Eagles won't extend him. He can take his preseason test in May. or whenever it is, and then hold out until Week 11. He'd lose a large chunk of the $8M+ against his name but it would be his best chance of getting to Year 5 in a healthy state when the Eagles would have a harder decision to make.

Goff is in the same boat, as is Prescott. I expect all 3 QBs to have new deals before September.
they really have no pull on their rookie contracts. You wont be seeing any hold outs.
especially when they have two years left.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anybody really believe Wentz won’t get hurt again this season? The knock on him coming out of college was his injuries. He’s been injured multiple times in the NFL AND now he’s altering his playing style to avoid being injured which in the process is making him less effective.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anybody really believe Wentz won’t get hurt again this season? The knock on him coming out of college was his injuries. He’s been injured multiple times in the NFL AND now he’s altering his playing style to avoid being injured which in the process is making him less effective.
Not too worry Howie's got this:thumb:

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

True. But can't knocks and knacks be overcome???????

Case in point

gettyimages-840212354.jpg

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...will the Eagles cut ties with him?

He's got a severely damaged knee.

He's had two fractures on his fragile back.

Eagles were gonna pay him this offseason, but now they won't. Opting, instead, to see how year 4 or his 5 year rookie contract (5th year is an option year) plays out.

I say that when he gets hurt again, the Eagles will be forced to consider their options. He's just not that reliable at this point to throw all that guaranteed money at him.

What say you?

Eagles fans love that brittle biatch.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Stafford was injured both of his first two seasons. I remember lots and lots of Lions fans saying "We drafted the wrong QB, we should have taken Mark Sanchez. Look how good he's doing in New York." But there were plenty of other Lions fans who were saying "We shouldn't have drafted a QB at all that year. We could of had Aaron Curry at MLB for us, and then taken Sam Bradford in the next draft. We would have had cornerstones on offense AND defense." One thing they all seemed to agree on, Matt Stafford was a China Doll and would never make it through a full season.

He then became the first Lions QB to take every single snap in a season, and did that mutiple times. He went like 8 or 9 years or something without missing a game, joining some of those iron man lists with over 100 straight games started. And Sanchez is only remembered for the butt fumble, while Bradford is known as being the guy who was paid the most and did the least of any player in history.

So maybe we should all step away from the ESPN culture of hot takes, and this very moment being somehow special and unique. It's just another say, let's wait to see what happens.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Stafford was injured both of his first two seasons. I remember lots and lots of Lions fans saying "We drafted the wrong QB, we should have taken Mark Sanchez. Look how good he's doing in New York." But there were plenty of other Lions fans who were saying "We shouldn't have drafted a QB at all that year. We could of had Aaron Curry at MLB for us, and then taken Sam Bradford in the next draft. We would have had cornerstones on offense AND defense." One thing they all seemed to agree on, Matt Stafford was a China Doll and would never make it through a full season.

He then became the first Lions QB to take every single snap in a season, and did that mutiple times. He went like 8 or 9 years or something without missing a game, joining some of those iron man lists with over 100 straight games started. And Sanchez is only remembered for the butt fumble, while Bradford is known as being the guy who was paid the most and did the least of any player in history.

So maybe we should all step away from the ESPN culture of hot takes, and this very moment being somehow special and unique. It's just another say, let's wait to see what happens.

Depends on what you value. Stafford can't even win a playoff game so I'd chill out before saying the Lions were so smart for taking him and not someone else.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on what you value. Stafford can't even win a playoff game so I'd chill out before saying the Lions were so smart for taking him and not someone else.

The Lions
can't win a playoff game. Stafford has been fine, but absolutely better than Sanchez or Bradford. But that's beside the point, I was mostly referring to his injury history vs Wentz's injury future.