• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If we keep the 7th pick, we should call Houston

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Cam, in the new CBA, salaries only need to be within 50% of each other, not 25% as in the previous CBA. Pretty sure this deal works.

My apologies. You are correct. The trade limits are now based on the luxury tax instead of the salary cap. Also, the NBA has instituted rules based on the salaries of the players being traded as well.

If the outgoing salary is $0 to $9.8 million, the team can acquire 150% of the outgoing salary, plus $100,000.

If the outgoing salary is $9.8 million to $19.6 million, the team can acquire the outgoing salary plus $5 million.

Any salary higher than that, and the rate goes to 125% of the outgoing salary, plus $100,000.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kawakami is reporting the Warriors are taking a good look at Meyers Leonard. Not worthy of the 7th pick, but someone they would look at in the mid 1st. I'm thinking they're already kicking the tires on trade opportunities.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kawakami is reporting the Warriors are taking a good look at Meyers Leonard. Not worthy of the 7th pick, but someone they would look at in the mid 1st. I'm thinking they're already kicking the tires on trade opportunities.

I think I would prefer immediate depth over an extremely raw talent, like Leonard, but I will defer to The Logo.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Leonard could be worth a 7th pick. You can't really teach vision and passing ability like that to a big. With all of the shooters we have scattered around, I think he would be a welcomed addition.

Meyers Leonard Highlight Mix - YouTube

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Leonard could be worth a 7th pick. You can't really teach vision and passing ability like that to a big. With all of the shooters we have scattered around, I think he would be a welcomed addition.

Just to add to this. For the record, I am still a huge John Henson fan. I think he can be a real option at #7 (unless we move up higher). He's not as much of a project as a few seem to think. He added plenty of weight this season and shows no signs of having trouble in that department.

I'm sure his skill will move him up the charts during the process.

John Henson Highlight Mix - YouTube

2010-2011 John Henson Highlights - YouTube

You can see the weight difference in the two clips, that puts him at a long 6'11, 220 lbs. If he plays at 240 he'd be able to bang in the paint, his athleticism will put him right in the mix.

If the balls get us higher in the draft (like #3) I'm really looking forward to seeing Andre Drummond work his way into the rotation. I see him as a Deandre Jordan clone, with more offensive touch.

Andre Drummond Freshman Highlights 2011-2012 - YouTube

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

There is no reason to take Leonard 7th. If we want him, we should trade down to the 12-14 range and pick up something else of value, he will probably go there at the earliest.

In addition to maximizing talent, the draft is about maximizing value. Draft a guy immediately before somebody else wants him - don't draft him 5-7 spots earlier.

Drafting Leonard at 7 would be a very poor pick. Drafting him a few picks lower would be a reasonable value.

vvoland

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just to add to this. For the record, I am still a huge John Henson fan. I think he can be a real option at #7 (unless we move up higher). He's not as much of a project as a few seem to think. He added plenty of weight this season and shows no signs of having trouble in that department.

I'm sure his skill will move him up the charts during the process.

John Henson Highlight Mix - YouTube

2010-2011 John Henson Highlights - YouTube

You can see the weight difference in the two clips, that puts him at a long 6'11, 220 lbs. If he plays at 240 he'd be able to bang in the paint, his athleticism will put him right in the mix.

If the balls get us higher in the draft (like #3) I'm really looking forward to seeing Andre Drummond work his way into the rotation. I see him as a Deandre Jordan clone, with more offensive touch.

Andre Drummond Freshman Highlights 2011-2012 - YouTube

let me preface this all by saying i've watched very little college ball this year. 5-6 UNC games, 2-3 UK, 2-3 KU, and maybe another 2-3 games involving the rest of the NCAA. i am NOT a henson fan. unc is my favorite team and henson strikes me as someone who does not have the size, bulk, strength, and mean streak to play the 4 spot in the NBA. he does have length but that, in and of itself, will not be enough to allow him to succeed at the deepest position in the L. in fact, i think he was the 4th best prospect on that UNC team behind barnes, zeller, and mcadoo. he is currently a better player than mcadoo but who is the better prospect is very debatable. i also think he was the 4th most valuable player for that unc squad behind, again, barnes/zeller and marshall. i want stars on this warriors squad, especially with a high lottery pick.

from the clips i just watched, meyers leonard looks like a hell of a prospect. as i mentioned above, i watched zero illinois games but his size, quick feet, athleticism, passing/vision, and outside game have me drooling. he, most likely, does not posses the lateral quickness to play the 3 at this level, but would be a nightmare matchup at the 4/5. i'm not sure about how he would manage defensively as he looks like he's lacking bulk to bang with the monsters the league has at that position. his quick feet and length may make up for it. he seems like a very cerebral players, good on the pick and roll, good with his back to the basket, and solid-to-good facing up from 18ft. but its his feet and vision that seem to separate him from most big man prospects in recent years. he kind of reminds me of a quicker, more athletic, albeit slimmer and weaker, monroe.

and as far as not taking him at 7.. or whatever number we're looking at... unless there's a better player there we'd like to target, i don't think there's such a thing as taking a guy too high in the draft order. that's how you get stuck w/ a dunleavy over amare. not to mention trading down in the NBA is much harder than the NFL considering there are only 2 rounds and teams have such different needs and methods of evaluating prospects. if when our turn to pick is upon us and we've determined leonard or henson or drummond or.... whoever... is the best player left, i'd rather draft that guy than trade down to 12 and watch the player we expect to still be there at that spot get picked at 10 by someone that traded up or kept their pick.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
let me preface this all by saying i've watched very little college ball this year. 5-6 UNC games, 2-3 UK, 2-3 KU, and maybe another 2-3 games involving the rest of the NCAA. i am NOT a henson fan. unc is my favorite team and henson strikes me as someone who does not have the size, bulk, strength, and mean streak to play the 4 spot in the NBA. he does have length but that, in and of itself, will not be enough to allow him to succeed at the deepest position in the L. in fact, i think he was the 4th best prospect on that UNC team behind barnes, zeller, and mcadoo. he is currently a better player than mcadoo but who is the better prospect is very debatable. i also think he was the 4th most valuable player for that unc squad behind, again, barnes/zeller and marshall. i want stars on this warriors squad, especially with a high lottery pick.

from the clips i just watched, meyers leonard looks like a hell of a prospect. as i mentioned above, i watched zero illinois games but his size, quick feet, athleticism, passing/vision, and outside game have me drooling. he, most likely, does not posses the lateral quickness to play the 3 at this level, but would be a nightmare matchup at the 4/5. i'm not sure about how he would manage defensively as he looks like he's lacking bulk to bang with the monsters the league has at that position. his quick feet and length may make up for it. he seems like a very cerebral players, good on the pick and roll, good with his back to the basket, and solid-to-good facing up from 18ft. but its his feet and vision that seem to separate him from most big man prospects in recent years. he kind of reminds me of a quicker, more athletic, albeit slimmer and weaker, monroe.

and as far as not taking him at 7.. or whatever number we're looking at... unless there's a better player there we'd like to target, i don't think there's such a thing as taking a guy too high in the draft order. that's how you get stuck w/ a dunleavy over amare. not to mention trading down in the NBA is much harder than the NFL considering there are only 2 rounds and teams have such different needs and methods of evaluating prospects. if when our turn to pick is upon us and we've determined leonard or henson or drummond or.... whoever... is the best player left, i'd rather draft that guy than trade down to 12 and watch the player we expect to still be there at that spot get picked at 10 by someone that traded up or kept their pick.

I thought the same thing about Leonard. The fact of the matter is that a lot of people wait for the "experts" to bump players up and down their boards to decide where they will mock the players. That's cool and all, just not my thing.

That brings me to the Henson topic. I disagree with you about him being able to play in the league, I also think that his frame can add weight, I also think he could play the 4 or 5.

I do love the way you broke down the highlighted portion, I have to rep you for that, I love when fellow fans share the same views as me. Kudos

P.S. Leonard is a center. He's 7ft, 245 as of right now. A few 3's that (will be around late) I can't wait to see workout are Jeff Taylor, Moe Harkless and Quincy Miller.

Jeffery Taylor Highlight Mix - YouTube

Moe Harkless Highlight Mix - YouTube

Quincy Miller Highlight Mix - YouTube

vvoland

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I thought the same thing about Leonard. The fact of the matter is that a lot of people wait for the "experts" to bump players up and down their boards to decide where they will mock the players. That's cool and all, just not my thing.

That brings me to the Henson topic. I disagree with you about him being able to play in the league, I also think that his frame can add weight, I also think he could play the 4 or 5.

I do love the way you broke down the highlighted portion, I have to rep you for that, I love when fellow fans share the same views as me. Kudos

P.S. Leonard is a center. He's 7ft, 245 as of right now. A few 3's that (will be around late) I can't wait to see workout are Jeff Taylor, Moe Harkless and Quincy Miller.

Jeffery Taylor Highlight Mix - YouTube

Moe Harkless Highlight Mix - YouTube

Quincy Miller Highlight Mix - YouTube

thank you for your respectful disagreement and the rep for the points on which you agree. that said, let me address your post script first. leonard is a center and his size is impressive. what's more impressive to me, however, is his quick feet and explosiveness. he can really jump and not just for a white guy. is he a 4 or 5 at the next level is barely an argument considering that he may play either role on any given night depending on the matchup. i brought up his lateral quickness and subsequent inability to play the 3 only because with his length and size he would be a nightmare at that spot. a more athletic galinari [though not quite the natural shooter] or what jonathan bender was once supposed to be [anyone remember him, by the way?]. that said, leonard is definitely a 4/5 at the next level and i am very intrigued by his potential. he seems like a 5 tool player and that is quite rare .

as far as henson goes, my concerns are very much size related. currently, he does not have the bulk to play the 4. he reminds me so much of brandan wright it's scary. to me, henson has the frame that is not suited for added bulk. i'm not saying he can't put on more weight. i'm saying i'm not sure how much bigger he can get. let me ask you this, when was the last time a player came into the league slim and lanky and added enough weight to turn into a legit 4/5? i can't think of anyone at this point.. players like durant, gallinari, b. wright, jamison, noah, and even the tmacs of the world have a frame that dictates their weight [or more appropriately, their girth]. i'm sure UNC has great strength/conditioning coaches. i'm also sure they would have wanted henson to add some bulk to bang inside with the other true bigs in the ACC and beyond. he hasn't, at least not noticeably. i have a hard time seeing him becoming a true NBA 4 [ala jefferson, millsap, randolph]. he has all the parameters of a lifetime 'tweener' and his ceiling is probably something like antwan. despite antwan's numbers i was never a fan and thought he often did more to hurt his team than help.

most of all i just don't see henson becoming a star. he may become a starter on a good team but that's his ceiling. at least, that is how i see it.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thank you for your respectful disagreement and the rep for the points on which you agree. that said, let me address your post script first. leonard is a center and his size is impressive. what's more impressive to me, however, is his quick feet and explosiveness. he can really jump and not just for a white guy. is he a 4 or 5 at the next level is barely an argument considering that he may play either role on any given night depending on the matchup. i brought up his lateral quickness and subsequent inability to play the 3 only because with his length and size he would be a nightmare at that spot. a more athletic galinari [though not quite the natural shooter] or what jonathan bender was once supposed to be [anyone remember him, by the way?]. that said, leonard is definitely a 4/5 at the next level and i am very intrigued by his potential. he seems like a 5 tool player and that is quite rare .

as far as henson goes, my concerns are very much size related. currently, he does not have the bulk to play the 4. he reminds me so much of brandan wright it's scary. to me, henson has the frame that is not suited for added bulk. i'm not saying he can't put on more weight. i'm saying i'm not sure how much bigger he can get. let me ask you this, when was the last time a player came into the league slim and lanky and added enough weight to turn into a legit 4/5? i can't think of anyone at this point.. players like durant, gallinari, b. wright, jamison, noah, and even the tmacs of the world have a frame that dictates their weight [or more appropriately, their girth]. i'm sure UNC has great strength/conditioning coaches. i'm also sure they would have wanted henson to add some bulk to bang inside with the other true bigs in the ACC and beyond. he hasn't, at least not noticeably. i have a hard time seeing him becoming a true NBA 4 [ala jefferson, millsap, randolph]. he has all the parameters of a lifetime 'tweener' and his ceiling is probably something like antwan. despite antwan's numbers i was never a fan and thought he often did more to hurt his team than help.

most of all i just don't see henson becoming a star. he may become a starter on a good team but that's his ceiling. at least, that is how i see it.

I wouldn't be too thrilled drafting Henson #7 overall for the reasons you mentioned. I'll admit, I like UNC a lot, probably the next college hoops team I'll catch games of if Cal isn't doing too well. Having said that, I haven't seen too many games of UNC this past season other than the tourney and a few ACC games. Henson has solid athleticism but he's too much of a tweener to me. I don't even know if he has a mid range perimeter game that's consistent. The Dubbs have had some pretty sad stories with tall lanky big men in recent years such as Joe Smith, Udoh (book still out on him but he's more a defender than a scorer), B. Wright, and Randolph.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. I think the Warriors are a legit SF away from being a playoff contender.

PG - Curry
SG - Thompson
SF - ?
PF - Lee
C - Bogut

with backups of:

PG - Jenkins
SG - Rush
SF - Wright/Jefferson
PF - ? (Chris Wright or Dom McGuire as the 3rd string)
C - Tyler

Warriors could use a better PF bc although Lee scores, he gives up just as much on the defensive end. However, having Bogut, a pretty damn good defender at the center position, should hopefully help out Lee on the defensive end.

That said, having Biedrins resurrected would be a huge help to a team in need of rebounding help.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors could use a better PF bc although Lee scores, he gives up just as much on the defensive end. However, having Bogut, a pretty damn good defender at the center position, should hopefully help out Lee on the defensive end.

That said, having Biedrins resurrected would be a huge help to a team in need of rebounding help.

I let that pipe dream go around game 7 of this last season, and I was late to the party on that one.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be too thrilled drafting Henson #7 overall for the reasons you mentioned. I'll admit, I like UNC a lot, probably the next college hoops team I'll catch games of if Cal isn't doing too well. Having said that, I haven't seen too many games of UNC this past season other than the tourney and a few ACC games. Henson has solid athleticism but he's too much of a tweener to me. I don't even know if he has a mid range perimeter game that's consistent. The Dubbs have had some pretty sad stories with tall lanky big men in recent years such as Joe Smith, Udoh (book still out on him but he's more a defender than a scorer), B. Wright, and Randolph.

Yeah. I'm not usually a big fan of letting past experiences heavily influence avoiding a prospect, but the similarities between Brandan Wright and John Henson are way too uncanny for me to put him high up on a big board for the Dubs.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I'm not usually a big fan of letting past experiences heavily influence avoiding a prospect, but the similarities between Brandan Wright and John Henson are way too uncanny for me to put him high up on a big board for the Dubs.

Not even close. Take a look at the two by stats, as well as size, for yourself. Henson has gained 15 lbs from last season, to this past season, I'm not sure if Wright has gained 15 lbs since being drafted? Henson has put up good rebounding numbers over his career, that almost always translates into the NBA.

Brandan Wright '07-'08 Highlight Reel - YouTube

John Henson Highlights 2012 720 HD - YouTube

not even close. Henson plays like a true big, Wright plays soft.