• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If we keep the 7th pick, we should call Houston

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston selects at 14 and 16. I would trade the 7th pick and possibly throw in our 2nd round pick, to get those 14 and 16 picks. There's pretty good depth and that range and would be able to add 2 guys who could immediately contribute to the roster, rather than taking another project guy like Perry Jones or John Henson.

If we were able to get the 14th and 16th pick, here's who I would like to see drafted at those spots:

1) Terrence Jones - I would even consider him at 7. I think he's a great talent and perfect fit for our team with what he brings to the table.
2) Austin Rivers - Tons of upside and a guy who can score. Jenkins and Rush have been great for us off the bench, but Rivers could be a special talent if he figures it out.
3) Jared Sullinger - Back up 4 will be a need for us and he's a guy who can get it done in the paint. Good rebounder and can score around the hoop.
4) Arnette Moultrie - Big time athlete and big at 6'11".
5) Quincy Miller - Huge potential here at SF, which for us is a need.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim and Marcus are talking about the possibility we trade it with other parts to get a legit SF.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Houston selects at 14 and 16. I would trade the 7th pick and possibly throw in our 2nd round pick, to get those 14 and 16 picks. There's pretty good depth and that range and would be able to add 2 guys who could immediately contribute to the roster, rather than taking another project guy like Perry Jones or John Henson.

If we were able to get the 14th and 16th pick, here's who I would like to see drafted at those spots:

1) Terrence Jones - I would even consider him at 7. I think he's a great talent and perfect fit for our team with what he brings to the table.
2) Austin Rivers - Tons of upside and a guy who can score. Jenkins and Rush have been great for us off the bench, but Rivers could be a special talent if he figures it out.
3) Jared Sullinger - Back up 4 will be a need for us and he's a guy who can get it done in the paint. Good rebounder and can score around the hoop.

Aren't the first three guys predicted to be gone by the time pick 14 comes up?

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tim and Marcus are talking about the possibility we trade it with other parts to get a legit SF.

I really like Jeff Taylor as a sleeper pick. I think he'll move up draft boards during the process, I compare him to a more athletic Shane Battier.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What about Henson makes you see him as a project, besides needing to gain weight? I think he could contribute off the bench right away, at either the 4 or 5.

I do like the Sullinger and Jones idea though, for sure!

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Henson makes you see him as a project, besides needing to gain weight? I think he could contribute off the bench right away, at either the 4 or 5.

I do like the Sullinger and Jones idea though, for sure!

After failing to develop both Wright and Randolph, I don't have much faith in the Warriors ability to help Henson develop into a prime time player. I'm not knocking his skill set, it's just my opinion on the player development the Warriors have done in their recent history. I know they're under a new regime, but right now I want to stay away from lanky 4's who need muscle/weight gain. I think Henson has a good game, and might thrive somewhere else, but I don't think it would be with GS.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aren't the first three guys predicted to be gone by the time pick 14 comes up?

I think it's entirely possible for all 3 of those guys to go before 14, but I think at least one of them makes it to 14. Obviously the Warriors would need to do their homework on if they can get a guy they like around that area. But there are usually 1-2 guys who always shoot up draft boards and may leapfrog some people. I just like the thought of getting value at a lower position at two spots, rather than reaching at 7 for one spot.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

This. I think the Warriors are a legit SF away from being a playoff contender.

PG - Curry
SG - Thompson
SF - ?
PF - Lee
C - Bogut

with backups of:

PG - Jenkins
SG - Rush
SF - Wright/Jefferson
PF - ? (Chris Wright or Dom McGuire as the 3rd string)
C - Tyler

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PG - Curry
SG - Thompson
SF - ?
PF - Lee
C - Bogut

with backups of:

PG - Jenkins
SG - Rush
SF - Wright/Jefferson
C - Tyler

I like your thinking but I really feel that back up big is a huge concern for us. At worst we need someone who can defend and rebound. I though McGuire did a decent job when he was at the 4, but he was more effective at the 3 in terms of his defense and rebounding. Going to play with the trade machine in a bit and see if I can come up with anything creative.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PG - Curry
SG - Thompson
SF - ?
PF - Lee
C - Bogut

with backups of:

PG - Jenkins
SG - Rush
SF - Wright/Jefferson
C - Tyler

Harrison Barnes!

Oh, and rep!

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PG - Curry
SG - Thompson
SF - ?
PF - Lee
C - Bogut

with backups of:

PG - Jenkins
SG - Rush
SF - Wright/Jefferson
C - Tyler

After thinking about it more, we're really hamstrung with Biedrins and Jefferson's contracts. We're not moving Klay, Curry, Lee or Bogut and without them we dont' have many other tradeable assets (other than our tentative 7th pick). It's highly unlike we'd be able to get a high tier SF, but who would be your suggestions of a legit SF option for us?

We don't have enough salary to match up with a lot of the mid-tier SF's that would be on the market, and no one is going to take back Biedrins or Jefferson without including the #7 pick. At this point I think Wright + #7 is too much value to give for a mid-tier SF. I'd much rather have good depth than a marginal increase in production at SF.

Last edited by a moderator:

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PG - Curry
SG - Thompson
SF - ?
PF - Lee
C - Bogut

with backups of:

PG - Jenkins
SG - Rush
SF - Wright/Jefferson
C - Tyler

Jeffery Taylor's 2010-2011 Highlight Video - YouTube

Moe Harkless-Defense - YouTube

Here they are. They play that rugged style that we need on the wing. We'll be real finesse come next season, this is the kind of player we need to mix it up.

Taylor is the more experienced player, I think he can come right in and play.

I think Harkless will be better all around if he can be eased into the role. I would love for McGuire to be the starting 3, with Harkless being groomed.

*I really hope they leave Tyler at the 4. His game really picked up after that move.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
After thinking about it more, we're really hamstrung with Biedrins and Jefferson's contracts. We're not moving Klay, Curry, Lee or Bogut and without them we dont' have many other tradeable assets (other than our tentative 7th pick). It's highly unlike we'd be able to get a high tier SF, but who would be your suggestions of a legit SF option for us?

We don't have enough salary to match up with a lot of the mid-tier SF's that would be on the market, and no one is going to take back Biedrins or Jefferson without including the #7 pick. At this point I think Wright + #7 is too much value to give for a mid-tier SF. I'd much rather have good depth than a marginal increase in production at SF.

Tyreke Evans is my first thought. He is apparently on the block in Sac-town and is a definite upgrade over Wright. He has ball-handling skills, so he also could serve the team well as a backup point. When Curry is off the court, Evans could handle the ball, freeing Jenkins to be more of a scorer, which is what he does best.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeffery Taylor's 2010-2011 Highlight Video - YouTube

Moe Harkless-Defense - YouTube

Here they are. They play that rugged style that we need on the wing. We'll be real finesse come next season, this is the kind of player we need to mix it up.

Taylor is the more experienced player, I think he can come right in and play.

I think Harkless will be better all around if he can be eased into the role. I would love for McGuire to be the starting 3, with Harkless being groomed.

*I really hope they leave Tyler at the 4. His game really picked up after that move.

I think those players would be nice for us to get, but they're too much of a reach at 7 and their stock suggests that they'd be gone before 30.

Good call on the Harkless. He's rising on some of the draft boards. I still stick my prediction he could be a solid player, but I don't think franchise potential. Nice call early on though.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think those players would be nice for us to get, but they're too much of a reach at 7 and their stock suggests that they'd be gone before 30.

Good call on the Harkless. He's rising on some of the draft boards. I still stick my prediction he could be a solid player, but I don't think franchise potential. Nice call early on though.

I wouldn't draft either one of those guys at 7. I was assuming the obvious, a trade of some form of #30+our 2nd picks+and a player (Jefferson, Wright) for a move up. I figured that at least Taylor would be around in that vicinity.

As well as drafting a good backup big to possibly groom (Drummond if the ball falls right, Myers Leonard, maybe John Henson).

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't draft either one of those guys at 7. I was assuming the obvious, a trade of some form of #30+our 2nd picks+and a player (Jefferson, Wright) for a move up. I figured that at least Taylor would be around in that vicinity.

As well as drafting a good backup big to possibly groom (Drummond if the ball falls right, Myers Leonard, maybe John Henson).

I also have too throw in Quincy Miller in that later pick category. I know you mentioned him as well. I have been a little concerned at his low production, though the more I watch him, the more I know he'll be a real good pro. He has a lot of Kevin Durant in him on the offensive end.

If he makes a commitment to defense his length can make him stout.

As well as adding a little weight to his frame wouldn't hurt.

The other part that I always seem to forget is that he wasn't even 100% on the season, he was fresh off of that acl injury. He's going to get more explosiveness back.

Quincy Miller Highlight Mix - YouTube

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Rumors going around that the 76ers are intent on moving Iguodala this summer. If you look at what the Warriors currently need in a SF (athleticism, defense, leadership, able to create for teammates but not necessarily score himself), Iguodala is the blueprint.

I'd call up Philadelphia and offer the #7 + Jefferson for Iguodala. Bear in mind that Iggy's contract is really onerous, so getting a very high pick plus a good contributor on a less-than-ideal contract is potentially as good an offer as they'll get. Their overall contract situation gets better, and they get a pick.

Pull this off, and a line-up of Curry/Thompson/Iguodala/Lee/Bogut is very, very solid. Possibly the best set of passers in the starting line-up of anybody in the league. In Bogut and Iggy, 2 defenders who are top-5 in the league at their positions. Still well below average in terms of overall athleticism, and it's not clear who a go-to guy might be at the end of the game. But one improvement at a time.

I'd then try to trade Dorell Wright to pick up another second-round pick, and would try to combine the #52 (from Atlanta) with that pick to move up into the #30-35 range. With 3 picks in that range, I'd work on gaining depth, targeting Andrew Nicholson, Drew Gordon, Scott Machado, Kevin Jones, Festus Ezeli, and Kevin Murphy. Those guys should be available there, and can be solid role-players playmaking (Machado), rebounding (Nicholson, Gordon, Jones, Ezeli), and slashing/scoring (Murphy).

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors going around that the 76ers are intent on moving Iguodala this summer. If you look at what the Warriors currently need in a SF (athleticism, defense, leadership, able to create for teammates but not necessarily score himself), Iguodala is the blueprint.

I'd call up Philadelphia and offer the #7 + Jefferson for Iguodala. Bear in mind that Iggy's contract is really onerous, so getting a very high pick plus a good contributor on a less-than-ideal contract is potentially as good an offer as they'll get. Their overall contract situation gets better, and they get a pick.

Pull this off, and a line-up of Curry/Thompson/Iguodala/Lee/Bogut is very, very solid. Possibly the best set of passers in the starting line-up of anybody in the league. In Bogut and Iggy, 2 defenders who are top-5 in the league at their positions. Still well below average in terms of overall athleticism, and it's not clear who a go-to guy might be at the end of the game. But one improvement at a time.

I'd then try to trade Dorell Wright to pick up another second-round pick, and would try to combine the #52 (from Atlanta) with that pick to move up into the #30-35 range. With 3 picks in that range, I'd work on gaining depth, targeting Andrew Nicholson, Drew Gordon, Scott Machado, Kevin Jones, Festus Ezeli, and Kevin Murphy. Those guys should be available there, and can be solid role-players playmaking (Machado), rebounding (Nicholson, Gordon, Jones, Ezeli), and slashing/scoring (Murphy).

In this situation, I'd much rather have Wright over a second round pick. There's just no way a second round pick could produce anywhere near the level Wright is currently. I'd much rather sit still at 30 and have our high 2nd to draft for depth and keep a solid vet to produce off the bench.

Other than that, I'd love to have Iggy. I personally think the 76ers could get a lot more, but if Myers can pull this off it would be a dream scenario.

CameronFrye

Certifiable A-hole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Doesn't work.

Iguodala is making $14.7 million next season. Jefferson's contract comes in a just slightly more than $10 mil. The Warriors would have to throw in another player. I just wish that Warriors had a guy *cough*ChralieBell*cough* who made about $4 million that they could use to complete this deal...

ChuckDurn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Doesn't work.

Iguodala is making $14.7 million next season. Jefferson's contract comes in a just slightly more than $10 mil. The Warriors would have to throw in another player. I just wish that Warriors had a guy *cough*ChralieBell*cough* who made about $4 million that they could use to complete this deal...

Cam, in the new CBA, salaries only need to be within 50% of each other, not 25% as in the previous CBA. Pretty sure this deal works.