• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If the Hawks lock up the division in week 16, should they sit the starters?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the wins feel nice but they started feeling also a little dirty. How can a team be 11-3 and still look like one of the worst teams in the NFL for large portions of games. That shit wont fly in the playoffs. Maybe we will get to see a team more willing to step on other teams throats than let them hang around in the playoffs. One can always hope. I HATE how this team seems to "dial it down" when they got a lead. No lead is safe in the NFL unless you are up by 30 with less than 3 minutes left.

I won't be shocked if they are one and done in the playoffs because like I said they are over achieving or maybe I'm under estimating the talent IDK. However wins are what actual matter and they have beaten the 49ers and Vikings already so ...who knows what can happen?
All I know is when the Seahawks win all is good for me, no matter how ugly or even lucky the win was.
Guess you could say I think the Seahawks are playing with house money at this point and despite some lucky breaks ( kickers missing the winning field goal for example ) think you got to credit the coaching staff because no way was it just luck to get these results there was some real coaching involved and the front office can take a bow for obtaining guys like Clowney and Hill also. I'm going to hope for the best, but be ready for the worse come playoff time and when it all done , going to tip my hat to the Seahawks organization for a great season. I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't be shocked if they are one and done in the playoffs because like I said they are over achieving or maybe I'm under estimating the talent IDK. However wins are what actual matter and they have beaten the 49ers and Vikings already so ...who knows what can happen?
All I know is when the Seahawks win all is good for me, no matter how ugly or even lucky the win was.
Guess you could say I think the Seahawks are playing with house money at this point and despite some lucky breaks ( kickers missing the winning field goal for example ) think you got to credit the coaching staff because no way was it just luck to get these results there was some real coaching involved and the front office can take a bow for obtaining guys like Clowney and Hill also. I'm going to hope for the best, but be ready for the worse come playoff time and when it all done , going to tip my hat to the Seahawks organization for a great season. I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

even if the Hawks lose against the Cards and the 49ers it was a great season to me. Way better than i expected and i loved the growth i saw from this team. The Defense turned into a ball hawking D here in the end and if they continue on this path they could be back to top 10 next season. Really worried about this offseason, look at all the FA on the oline and Dline ...oof. This list doesn't include the RFA.

Jadeveon Clowney DE 27 SEA TBD $15,000,000 UFA
Ezekiel Ansah DE 31 SEA TBD $9,000,000 UFA -
Mychal Kendricks OLB 29 SEA TBD $4,500,000 UFA -
George Fant T 28 SEA TBD $3,095,000 UFA -
Mike Iupati G 33 SEA TBD $2,750,000 UFA -
Al Woods DT 33 SEA TBD $2,250,000 UFA -
Germain Ifedi RT 26 SEA TBD $2,066,276 UFA -
Quinton Jefferson DE 27 SEA TBD $2,025,000 UFA -
Josh Gordon WR 29 SEA TBD $2,025,000 UFA -
Jaron Brown WR 30 SEA TBD $1,500,000 UFA -
Akeem King CB 28 SEA TBD $1,400,000 UFA -
Jarran Reed DT 27 SEA TBD $1,222,409 UFA -
Neiko Thorpe CB 30 SEA TBD $1,000,000 UFA -
Geno Smith QB 29 SEA TBD $805,000 UFA -
Luke Willson TE 30 SEA TBD $805,000 UFA -
C.J. Prosise RB 26 SEA TBD $778,116 UFA -
Kalan Reed CB 26 SEA TBD $720,000 UFA -
Joey Hunt C 26 SEA TBD $720,000 UFA -
Branden Jackson DE 27 SEA TBD $720,000 UFA -

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even if the Hawks lose against the Cards and the 49ers it was a great season to me. Way better than i expected and i loved the growth i saw from this team. The Defense turned into a ball hawking D here in the end and if they continue on this path they could be back to top 10 next season. Really worried about this offseason, look at all the FA on the oline and Dline ...oof. This list doesn't include the RFA.

Jadeveon Clowney DE 27 SEA TBD $15,000,000 UFA
Ezekiel Ansah DE 31 SEA TBD $9,000,000 UFA -
Mychal Kendricks OLB 29 SEA TBD $4,500,000 UFA -
George Fant T 28 SEA TBD $3,095,000 UFA -
Mike Iupati G 33 SEA TBD $2,750,000 UFA -
Al Woods DT 33 SEA TBD $2,250,000 UFA -
Germain Ifedi RT 26 SEA TBD $2,066,276 UFA -
Quinton Jefferson DE 27 SEA TBD $2,025,000 UFA -
Josh Gordon WR 29 SEA TBD $2,025,000 UFA -
Jaron Brown WR 30 SEA TBD $1,500,000 UFA -
Akeem King CB 28 SEA TBD $1,400,000 UFA -
Jarran Reed DT 27 SEA TBD $1,222,409 UFA -
Neiko Thorpe CB 30 SEA TBD $1,000,000 UFA -
Geno Smith QB 29 SEA TBD $805,000 UFA -
Luke Willson TE 30 SEA TBD $805,000 UFA -
C.J. Prosise RB 26 SEA TBD $778,116 UFA -
Kalan Reed CB 26 SEA TBD $720,000 UFA -
Joey Hunt C 26 SEA TBD $720,000 UFA -
Branden Jackson DE 27 SEA TBD $720,000 UFA -

Going to be a annual thing. However everyone but Wilson is replaceable truthfully. Looking at the list Clowney and Ansah were the big ticket players and Ansah hasn't worked out, so adios to him. Seahawks have 66 million in cap space so should be able to retain those they want I would think.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like i said Win out and not worry about any of this. It's all noise. simplify it all and just win out and you are guaranteed the #1 or #2 seed. Would have been a little better had the Hawks not laid a egg in LA against the Rams. That Ram team that plays the 49ers on Saturday is going to either fight tooth and nail or fold. Lets hope they play for it like they did against the Hawks a little over a week ago.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We still need to win out the odds that the chips fall in place to where we do not need to win week 17 and take a step back is just as likely that we are in the race to get the #1 seed. Like someone said we need the packers at this point to win and us have a 3 way tie assuming we all win out.

But this weekend will reveal itself it will be a blood bath with the Vikings and packers but if the Vikings win and a titans team trying to make the playoffs somehow pulling a miracle and beating a saints team and the 49ers losing to a very good rams team would be a dream come true. I doubt all that will come into play so we need to win out all our games.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like i said Win out and not worry about any of this. It's all noise. simplify it all and just win out and you are guaranteed the #1 or #2 seed. Would have been a little better had the Hawks not laid a egg in LA against the Rams. That Ram team that plays the 49ers on Saturday is going to either fight tooth and nail or fold. Lets hope they play for it like they did against the Hawks a little over a week ago.

well to defend us and the 49ers I think a big reason why we lost against the Rams and the 9ers losing to the falcons is that we played an exhausting Monday night game against the Vikings then we had to turn around and fly to LA to face a rams team and the 9ers played an exhausting saints game and an injured Sherman coming out of that then had to play against julio jones that's my theory on that

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed one thing, and you were still wrong. and to top it off, youre a complete see you next tuesday in just about every way.
Inaccurate, as usual. You rolled out a 2nd set of numbers from that article and missed what the meaning of those were as well. You really, really suck at this.

But if you say my opinion was wrong, I guess that's that.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We still need to win out the odds that the chips fall in place to where we do not need to win week 17 and take a step back is just as likely that we are in the race to get the #1 seed. Like someone said we need the packers at this point to win and us have a 3 way tie assuming we all win out.

But this weekend will reveal itself it will be a blood bath with the Vikings and packers but if the Vikings win and a titans team trying to make the playoffs somehow pulling a miracle and beating a saints team and the 49ers losing to a very good rams team would be a dream come true. I doubt all that will come into play so we need to win out all our games.

Personally I think the Vikings will beat the brakes off of Green Bay. I just don't believe that GB is all that good to be honest. I know what their record says they are but their offense has been crap all year long and in the past two or three weeks they've barely beat some bad teams (Giants, Redskins, Bears). So I think Minny will do us a favor and serve up a loss to the Packers.

The Titans game is interesting. Tennessee still has a breath in them and they'll be playing like made to keep alive. They've been playing really well in the second half of the season, but they are running into the Saints who I think might be the 2nd best team in football right now. New Orleans is coming off a big emotional win so there is the chance of a let down, but I wouldn't bank on it. The game is in Nashville so that helps. I'm hoping for a Titans win but this game is really a pick-em game to me. It could really go either way quite easily.

Rams could play spoiler, but I think the 9ers will play this like a playoff game. If the Rams play the 9ers the way they played us they could definitely win. If they play like they did against Dallas they'll get shit stomped. My bet is San Fran wins that game and the division will come down to the last game in Seattle just like everyone has been predicting since about week 10.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I think the Vikings will beat the brakes off of Green Bay.
Yeah, I'm picking Minn in that game as well, which is bad for us since a 2-way tie with NO means we are the 2 seed.

But the Saints are at Tenn on a short week, so that's not a gimme win for them. If Atlanta can win in SF, the Titans can win at home vs NO.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm picking Minn in that game as well, which is bad for us since a 2-way tie with NO means we are the 2 seed.

But the Saints are at Tenn on a short week, so that's not a gimme win for them. If Atlanta can win in SF, the Titans can win at home vs NO.

A #1 seed would be awesome, and it would be so far beyond my expectations for this team at the beginning of the season that I find it hard to believe we are even in the happy position to debate getting it. I'd love to get it, but I'd be just as happy with the #2 seed to be honest. We'd still get at least one home game, and we'd still only need to win two games to get the SB. I'd be fine with that.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A #1 seed would be awesome, and it would be so far beyond my expectations for this team at the beginning of the season that I find it hard to believe we are even in the happy position to debate getting it. I'd love to get it, but I'd be just as happy with the #2 seed to be honest. We'd still get at least one home game, and we'd still only need to win two games to get the SB. I'd be fine with that.
Yeah, no doubt things have turned for the better with this young team quite a bit sooner than most of us expected.

Saints are on the road the final 2 weeks - Tenn and Car. Funny things can happen, and those divisional games can play differently on the field than they look on paper maybe more often than other games. Should be a crazy final 2 weeks.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And since 538's analysis was mentioned, for grins:

It looks like we don't need to beat SF in week 17 if we win and they lose this week. 538 says we have an 85% chance to win while the 49ers have a 34% chance to lose. Multiply those together, and that amounts to a 28.9% chance that we could lose to 49ers in week 17 and still win the division. Anyone (credible) have different math?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Inaccurate, as usual. You rolled out a 2nd set of numbers from that article and missed what the meaning of those were as well. You really, really suck at this.

But if you say my opinion was wrong, I guess that's that.

You were wrong, reaching in the 1st round is less likely to be a success. That was the argument.

And since 538's analysis was mentioned, for grins:

It looks like we don't need to beat SF in week 17 if we win and they lose this week. 538 says we have an 85% chance to win while the 49ers have a 34% chance to lose. Multiply those together, and that amounts to a 28.9% chance that we could lose to 49ers in week 17 and still win the division. Anyone (credible) have different math?

Are you taking SOV into account here? We need ALOT to go our way for that scenario to work out.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice thing is, SF plays on Saturday. If they lose, then we WILL absolutely lock up the division if we win on Sunday.

We will lock up the #2 seed if the Vikings beat GB. We will lock up the #1 seed if the Titans also beat the Saints.

ESPN.com's 2019 NFL Playoff Machine - Simulate Matchups and Scenarios

Are you 100 percent sure about that ? If SF loses and we win, how is the division a lock when SF still has a chance to end the season with the same record, and both teams having beaten each other once ? I think they’d even have the same winning record within the division...

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you 100 percent sure about that ? If SF loses and we win, how is the division a lock when SF still has a chance to end the season with the same record, and both teams having beaten each other once ? I think they’d even have the same winning record within the division...
ESPN has its playoff machine wrong. It looks like it would come down to SOV

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh hell let the Seahawks win out and let the chips fall as is. I’m good with that.
Winning out is great, but it's not a unilateral act or decision the team can make. Just exploring the other scenarios. Some people find it interesting, and there is a pretty real chance not to win both of the remaining games.