• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If the Hawks lock up the division in week 16, should they sit the starters?

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rest starters? looking past Cards? What is wrong with you guys! lol Screw that the Hawks need to win BOTH these games to secure home field advantage ( Either #1 or #2 seed ). Hawks just need to DO THEIR JOB and win BOTH GAMES! Also being 4-2 @home leaves a bad taste in my mouth. 1 loss i can live with but 2 is BS when you look at who they lost to and how. Back up QB in one game and Turnovers in another.

Also Teams that rest starters don't tend to do so good in the playoffs if my memory is correct on this.

Who they lost too and how? One team is the #1 seed in the AFC and probably has their QB winning the MVP this year, and is the Las Vegas odds favorite to win the Superbowl. The other team we lost too is also threatening to win the #1 seed in the NFC and has the same record as us. Those are two extremely good teams we lost too. The Hawks could have played better, there is no questioning that, but there's also no shame in losing to two of the top 3 or 4 teams in the NFL either. It's not like we lost to Miami and Detroit. And that back-up QB we lost too is only a back up because he got injured in Minny where he used to be the starter and was having pretty good success. That Minny team was 11-5 the year Bridgewater got hurt and they won their division. So let's not pretend like he's some scrub that came in a beat us with a crappy team around him.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who they lost too and how? One team is the #1 seed in the AFC and probably has their QB winning the MVP this year, and is the Las Vegas odds favorite to win the Superbowl. The other team we lost too is also threatening to win the #1 seed in the NFC and has the same record as us. Those are two extremely good teams we lost too. The Hawks could have played better, there is no questioning that, but there's also no shame in losing to two of the top 3 or 4 teams in the NFL either. It's not like we lost to Miami and Detroit. And that back-up QB we lost too is only a back up because he got injured in Minny where he used to be the starter and was having pretty good success. That Minny team was 11-5 the year Bridgewater got hurt and they won their division. So let's not pretend like he's some scrub that came in a beat us with a crappy team around him.

With out those stupid Turnovers against the Ravens i think the Hawks win that game. so HOW we lost that one is shitty AT HOME! and playing the Saints who had Teddy at QB, NOT Brees yeah WHO we lost that one to AT HOME. Both those games leave a BAD taste in my mouth, both are games they COULD have won ( Ravens ) and SHOULD have won ( Saints )

Lets not pretend Teddy is Drew Brees now or even on Wilson's level or even a top 20 QB. If the Saints played as hard as they did and as good as they did when Brees was hurt for Brees OMG no one is stopping them. BTW i picked the Saints to make it to the superbowl BEFORE the season started.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Speaking of Brees, He is the GOAT not Brady and in my eyes it's not close. Had he played on the Pats and Brady the Saints. The Pats would have MORE wins and rings and the Saints would have less.

Brady has a full year starting a HEAD of Brees and trails him in many if not most stats. I believe Brees's numbers would even be better if he also played on a team that always knew what the other team was running on Defense like Brady. lmao

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
source.gif

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With out those stupid Turnovers against the Ravens i think the Hawks win that game. so HOW we lost that one is shitty AT HOME! and playing the Saints who had Teddy at QB, NOT Brees yeah WHO we lost that one to AT HOME. Both those games leave a BAD taste in my mouth, both are games they COULD have won ( Ravens ) and SHOULD have won ( Saints ).

The Saints were still a very good team when Brees went down... Teddy was 5-1 that included winning 2 games on the road... Not like he was horrible... Plus, our defense was a pile of crap at the time so no one should be surprised we lost...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Saints were still a very good team when Brees went down... Teddy was 5-1 that included winning 2 games on the road... Not like he was horrible... Plus, our defense was a pile of crap at the time so no one should be surprised we lost...

Hawks 11-3, Saints 11-3, Saints minus Brees AND on the Road in SEATTLE! Nope that's a game the Hawks had no business losing in my eyes.

But i will add in the Hawks are the luckiest team in the NFL as far as their record goes being 11 wins and having only a 26 point deferential. Average margin of victory 2.36 PPG. :L

ps
i know thats not the actual average margin of victory or they would have tied in their 3 losses lol.

Seahawks 2019 Average Margin of Victory Makes Them Luckiest 10-Win NFL Team of Last 30 Years

Last edited:

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if this is true (and clearly you pulled that 90% out of your ass), the game vs AZ still factors in when it comes to seeding. We can still win the division with a loss to AZ, but our chances for a 1st round bye drop dramatically.

So yeah, there's no chance we are resting players this week to save them up for some game in the future.

538 says its an 87% chance so my ass is pretty damn accurate in this case.

Nice thing is, SF plays on Saturday. If they lose, then we WILL absolutely lock up the division if we win on Sunday.

We will lock up the #2 seed if the Vikings beat GB. We will lock up the #1 seed if the Titans also beat the Saints.

ESPN.com's 2019 NFL Playoff Machine - Simulate Matchups and Scenarios

this is unfortunately not true. the tie breaker will come down to SOV which the niners are far more likely to have the advantage. we need NO and WA to lose twice, ATL and MIN to win twice. its really just too much to ask for.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks 11-3, Saints 11-3, Saints minus Brees AND on the Road in SEATTLE! Nope that's a game the Hawks had no business losing in my eyes.

No undefeated team, everyone loses at some point. Often to a lesser team to boot.

But i will add in the Hawks are the luckiest team in the NFL as far as their record goes being 11 wins and having only a 26 point deferential. Average margin of victory 2.36 PPG. :L

Seahawks have over achieved with this patched together roster, that have few studs but at least some solid players. Way less talent then the 2013 squad IMO. As far as margin of victory no bonus points for blow outs, just win baby. It is frustrating that the Seahawks don't seem to keep the pedal to the metal, but I just want wins, nothing else matters at the end of the day.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do I even bother looking it up after how badly you butchered everything you quoted about the last analytical article?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it still wouldn't change the likelihood you just pulled it of your ass though....nearly "correct" or not.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

this is unfortunately not true. the tie breaker will come down to SOV which the niners are far more likely to have the advantage. we need NO and WA to lose twice, ATL and MIN to win twice. its really just too much to ask for.
Who is WA?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only way Seattle beats out the Saints is if a 3rd team ( Packers ) have the same record. If Seattle loses to the 49ers in week 17 then the Saints AND the Packers have to have the same record as Seattle then Seattle is #1 seed and the 49ers would have to lose to the Rams( meaning they would have to lose one of their last 2 each ). If Seattle and NO end up with the Same record they ( Saints ) win Head to head match-up. So you want Seattle to win out or if Seattle loses you want the Saints/packers and 49ers to lose once.

Winning out is the best bet, end of story. Don't count on other teams losing.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do I even bother looking it up after how badly you butchered everything you quoted about the last analytical article?

you mean when everyone on the board agreed with me and not you?

by all means, take my word for it, or dont. i dont give a fuck.

Who is WA?

should have been WAS, but im sure you knew that.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

by all means, take my word for it, i dont give a fuck.
Shit you're dull. Even if "everyone" (I think there were like 4 other ppl in that convo??) did agree with your opinion, it doesn't change that you totally bumbled the facts and misrepresented what they actually meant. You totally whiffed on every interpretation you made from the facts of the article you shared.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit you're dull. Even if "everyone" (I think there were like 4 other ppl in that convo??) did agree with your opinion, it doesn't change that you totally bumbled the facts and misrepresented what they actually meant. You totally whiffed on every interpretation you made from the facts of the article you shared.

I missed one thing, and you were still wrong. and to top it off, youre a complete see you next tuesday in just about every way.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good thing for the hawks ( better had the Rams won last weekend ) is the Rams HAVE to win out to even have a shot at the playoffs and have the Vikings lose. Had they Won against the Cowboys they would control their own destiny meaning Win against the 49ers and then week 17 against the Cards and they would be in. Now they need help and if Vikes win it's over. Thankfully the Vikes play on Monday so the Rams won't know their fate till well after their game on Saturday.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No undefeated team, everyone loses at some point. Often to a lesser team to boot.

Seahawks have over achieved with this patched together roster, that have few studs but at least some solid players. Way less talent then the 2013 squad IMO. As far as margin of victory no bonus points for blow outs, just win baby. It is frustrating that the Seahawks don't seem to keep the pedal to the metal, but I just want wins, nothing else matters at the end of the day.

the wins feel nice but they started feeling also a little dirty. How can a team be 11-3 and still look like one of the worst teams in the NFL for large portions of games. That shit wont fly in the playoffs. Maybe we will get to see a team more willing to step on other teams throats than let them hang around in the playoffs. One can always hope. I HATE how this team seems to "dial it down" when they got a lead. No lead is safe in the NFL unless you are up by 30 with less than 3 minutes left.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

by all means, take my word for it, or dont. i dont give a fuck.

should have been WAS, but im sure you knew that.

I missed one thing, and you were still wrong. and to top it off, youre a complete see you next tuesday in just about every way.

i was reading these and was like who tf is Snuggles talking to then i saw the "ignored content" at the bottom of the page. Word of advice, Ignore is AWESOME! this Board is so much better! can't see their messages, even if it's quoted. it's really nice, Best feature ever.