• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If SJ (has a brain) and trades Niemi...

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How many would be interested in an Alex Stalock / Nabokov combo??? I thinking adding Nabby would be great for Stalocks development... He will probably come very cheap as a UFA, and if Stalock falters, Nabby still has some game left in the tank...
Plus he would deservingly be able to retire a Shark...

Thoughts?

Reefer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For nostalgia purposes great, I loved Nabby and will always root for him. From a competitive standpoint, his best days are clearly behind him, 39 year old to start next season and coming off of what easily could be considered his worst season. If we were going to go with Stalock (which I hope they do) I'd rather go with someone who is not declining. If we are going to bring back a former Shark, I think Greiss makes much more sense.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what the price would be for Brodeur? I do believe Miller would be too expensive & I don't think Nabby has much left in the tank. That said, if he comes at a huge discount, allows us to add another blue-chipper on D & he can mentor Stalock, I wouldn't be totally opposed. :suds:

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No thanks on miller. He wont come cheap and he's totally overrated. STL threw a huge package for him and he wasnt even an upgrade on what they had. His last name is gunna land him big bucks so thats not the place to throw money.

Giguere might make a nice cheap backup, or griess as mentioned before.

This summer is the most important in recent memory. If jumbo, nemo, havlat are all dealt, then the return needs to be substantial and will be huge for the next 5-10 years. It will also clear a ton of cap space so I gotta figure dougie will likely shop for a UFA as well. I still expect kadri and gardiner, and I think that's a reasonable haul. For nemo, a 1s would be good.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How many would be interested in an Alex Stalock / Nabokov combo??? I thinking adding Nabby would be great for Stalocks development... He will probably come very cheap as a UFA, and if Stalock falters, Nabby still has some game left in the tank...
Plus he would deservingly be able to retire a Shark...

Thoughts?

Brouduer would be the better option in terms of playing styles, because stalock has modeled his game after Martys. Sadly for Nabby injuries and age are catching up to him, if he gets signed this offseason itll probably be detroit maybe the av's if they let Giggy walk