• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If MLB gets instant replay, what should they be able to correct?

What should MLB be able to review in instant replay?

• Total voters

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair/Foul
Catches
Forced outs
Tag outs
Strike/Balls
Pitcher's actions (Balk, throw at batter, etc)
Batter's actions (Breaking wrist, where on bat the ball hit, etc)
Anything
Something not listed
There shouldn't be instant replay in basebal

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the ones that need it the most are those that happen on the bases (force outs and tag outs). That seems to be the most common controversy in MLB. And plays like the recent one at the Yankees game, where the batter got robbed of a HR, should definitely be replayed. IMO, fair/foul should only be included when dealing with HR or foul.

I think any other calls the umpires make should be judgement calls. I think if they are umpiring at the MLB level, they should be good enough to be close to accurate. For instance, if they call a strike when the batter didn't swing, the batter should be able to hit the ball (whether it's in the strike zone or not).

Modhnoiri

An mbeidh ár Lá Tar!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My .02

I went with Fair/Foul & Catches. I hate micromanagement or the idea of slowing down the game and I feel that besides these two the rest do just that.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going with fair/foul and I would also like to see fan interference reviewed. Nothing sucks more than to have the home team awarded a HR because a fan reached a little too far out to catch a ball. Doesn't happen often, but has happened. Same goes over in foul territory.

With that said, I hope they go with something like HR's can be auto reviewed and then each team can have one instant replay request per game. That's it. Otherwise every line drive it towards a foul (yeah yeah, its a "fair" line) will be stopped down to double check.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My .02

I went with Fair/Foul & Catches. I hate micromanagement or the idea of slowing down the game and I feel that besides these two the rest do just that.

I think the calls where the base runner is safe by a mile and are called out or obviously out and are safe by a mile are important on getting right. I also don't think it would take that much time to review as well.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going with fair/foul and I would also like to see fan interference reviewed. Nothing sucks more than to have the home team awarded a HR because a fan reached a little too far out to catch a ball. Doesn't happen often, but has happened. Same goes over in foul territory.

With that said, I hope they go with something like HR's can be auto reviewed and then each team can have one instant replay request per game. That's it. Otherwise every line drive it towards a foul (yeah yeah, its a "fair" line) will be stopped down to double check.

I actually don't have a problem with fan interference. I think it is one of those things that separates baseball from other sports. What other sport can fans do that and not be penalized.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair/foul. Catches. Forced outs.