• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If I bring it in

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go back to linebackers coach, but DC he is not. I've been saying to fire Norton WELL before the mid point of this season.

Don't think I care if Norton gets fired or not, he's replaceable. However lets recognize that the roster on the defensive side is weak. The best unit is a aging LB group, secondary below average and a DL that needs more juice to be good. If the Seahawks could some how hit on a stud pass rusher ( to go with Clowney) think that would make a bigger difference then replacing Norton by a lot. Be interesting to see how Norton would do with more to work with.
I also find it ironic that at some point some posters are begging for more risk taking and blitzing, then when blitzes are called and don't work he gets criticized for calling blitzes that don't work. Personally feel being conservative and keeping plays in front of defenders was a necessity given the talent level in the secondary.
Going to be a challenge to find that special kind of pass rusher drafting towards the end of the round but it's a need for this defense , that hopefully they can hit on . That alone will make the secondary seem better with no actually additions ( but additions need to made there also). Would be sweet if the Seahawks could sign that pass rusher in free agency but I'm not hopeful on that count.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[QUOTE="Screamin12th, post: 14340976, member: 4359"]Hawks Defense was not talented enough on the back end to blitz more, sad i know. More pressure means a good chance to really mess things up with a blitz, we had almost zero it seemed most of the season. They were also not talented enough on the front 4 to get any pressure on the QB or keep the linebackers clean so they could tackle RB's. they are also a slow defense. Not a lot of guys faster than 4.5 on the defense and it showed up. Team needs help on defense big time and i would be happy to see them Yes Grab a Running back in the first 3 or 4 rounds but by all means rebuild that defense!

In My Eyes that defense over achieved. The TEAM over Achieved, come on 11-5 with a record of 10-2 in one score games. That never happens.[/QUOTE]

I give this post a A+ . Spot on. Rebuilding the defense is going to be a challenge considering they need to sift thru the left overs ever round to find gems over looked.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i feel any pick in the top 100 picks taken should be starters or Quality back-ups that will soon be starters in short order in a year or at most two. Some might say no but then that means there isn't 100 players in college right now that are in the draft that are Starters or possible starters in talent level? i can not see that. i mean if you take the top 5 most talented players at every position on offense and Defense that's 110 players. Hawks just need to draft Heavy on Defense and go BPA ( Defense ) when they pick in Rounds 1-3.

Thing is i do not trust the Hawks Scouting department. They have not hit anything really in a long time. I don't want to hear about Metcalf because this dude was a beast and should NEVER have dropped into our laps. Glad he did though. I think we all were screaming "METCALF!" before the pick was in!

Ok some of you maybe not, as some of you did not like the pick and wanted Darboh to get playing time. :P

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i feel any pick in the top 100 picks taken should be starters or Quality back-ups that will soon be starters in short order in a year or at most two. Some might say no but then that means there isn't 100 players in college right now that are in the draft that are Starters or possible starters in talent level? i can not see that. i mean if you take the top 5 most talented players at every position on offense and Defense that's 110 players. Hawks just need to draft Heavy on Defense and go BPA ( Defense ) when they pick in Rounds 1-3.

Thing is i do not trust the Hawks Scouting department. They have not hit anything really in a long time. I don't want to hear about Metcalf because this dude was a beast and should NEVER have dropped into our laps. Glad he did though. I think we all were screaming "METCALF!" before the pick was in!

Ok some of you maybe not, as some of you did not like the pick and wanted Darboh to get playing time. :P

No matter on much work you put in the draft is a bit of a crap shoot. I'm sure plenty of talented players just never get the right chance or maybe not even get drafted. The right system for player makes a difference and having a vet that decent starting on the team can be hard to get pass. College has so many offensive systems that aren't being used much in the pros and then there is the small schools that don't have the same level of talent over all as the bigger conferences. Makes it hard to judge how a small school stand out will do as a pro. Just so many variables.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They have missed out on top talent the last several years including last year. Vander esch would have been huge on this defense, risner wuld have been huge on the OL.

Instead we got penny and collier......