• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If I bring it in

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure a slew of 'fire Pete', 'fire Norton', etc will come in, but most fans understand all the bad luck they had this year and how much better they did than we expected coming into the year.

They have pieces they need to replace, no doubt. They need help on the D and a couple of guys need to go, but they aren't THAT many pieces away from another deep run.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure a slew of 'fire Pete', 'fire Norton', etc will come in, but most fans understand all the bad luck they had this year and how much better they did than we expected coming into the year.

They have pieces they need to replace, no doubt. They need help on the D and a couple of guys need to go, but they aren't THAT many pieces away from another deep run.

The "fire Pete" stuff is ridiculous (if people are saying that), but Norton has gotta go. I'm so tired of his defensive plays and bullshit playcalling. Go back to linebackers coach, but DC he is not. I've been saying to fire Norton WELL before the mid point of this season.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "fire Pete" stuff is ridiculous (if people are saying that), but Norton has gotta go. I'm so tired of his defensive plays and bullshit playcalling. Go back to linebackers coach, but DC he is not. I've been saying to fire Norton WELL before the mid point of this season.
It's Pete's defense. Always has been. Sure, the DC's do matter and we've seen that. If you want to blame Norton for the piss poor tackling at times, how bad flowers is, how thin they were in the pass rush, etc ok.

The point is, I saw a lot of holes in the makeup of players on that side. If they had the same guys they did in '13, '14, etc and looked that bad I'd be more on that train. If they can upgrade at DC then by all means. Always look to upgrade.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im assuming it was norton calling bad blitzes on that last drive. Putting amadi on adams? Thats on norton too.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just too many injuries to overcome really.

I will say that Pete MUST change their 1st half approach to games. I get why we played tight to the vest when we had a young QB and were loaded with talent across the roster.

But we can't continue to spot the opposing team the 1st half and expect to win games.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team exceeded ALL of our expectations this year... They gave their fan base an exciting season... None of us really expected them to make the postseason, let a lone the divisional round game with a chance to win it...

With all of our injuries, we were still able to make it to the divisional round... It's amazing how this team rally'd together and won games with all of our injuries... That's amazing... It speaks volume to the leadership on this team...

We also had a lot of our young guys get a lot of playing time this year, which will definitely help us moving forward...

It's definitely disappointing that we lost today but take a look at the big picture... Future is looking bright...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just too many injuries to overcome really.

I will say that Pete MUST change their 1st half approach to games. I get why we played tight to the vest when we had a young QB and were loaded with talent across the roster.

But we can't continue to spot the opposing team the 1st half and expect to win games.

Agreed. I'm tired of need to feel out the team before we can get going. This team has weapons on offense and should be putting up more than 3 pts in the first half. Throw out the scripted 15 plays and let Russ take control.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team exceeded ALL of our expectations this year... They gave their fan base an exciting season... None of us really expected them to make the postseason, let a lone the divisional round game with a chance to win it...

With all of our injuries, we were still able to make it to the divisional round... It's amazing how this team rally'd together and won games with all of our injuries... That's amazing... It speaks volume to the leadership on this team...

We also had a lot of our young guys get a lot of playing time this year, which will definitely help us moving forward...

It's definitely disappointing that we lost today but take a look at the big picture... Future is looking bright...

I fell the same way about our future

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was dam proud how the team fought back, they've done that all year and it showed again ... Russ was un@#$^ing believable, and I seriously feel like we had a dam good shot in the end if the D could a just made 1 more stop ... I"m hopping we make some changes with schemes on defense next year, we need to stop being so predictable with play calling... OH AND FOR GOD SAKE re-sign Clowney, we weren't even seeing a healthy Clowney and he was a force... Improve the pass rush next year, that's vital ... Also I'd love to see Lynch come back with a short term deal as a FB...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't want either to get fired, Pete I love as a coach, Norton on the other hand I would love to see in a different position, not as our D coordinator... He's not a very strong strategic gamer when it comes to strategy... We need a veteran D coordinator who knows how to play chess... 26th ranked defense is unacceptable, we can do better....

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
With Carroll it's a case of the devil you know is better than the devil you don't but he's starting to transform into a Marty Schottenheimer and Seahawks fans are starting to sound like Chargers fans back in the day in the "we'll get them next year" attitude.

And I think Carroll is a good coach as his team loves to play for him and he has his defenses competitive no matter the talent level year to year but I think the success of recent years has been mainly been on Wilson's shoulders and him dragging the team to wins and to the playoffs.

I've said it in the past but his stubborn refusal to be flexible with his offensive philosophy is hurting the Seahawks and I thought the Green Bay game was a perfect example of that.

You're entire depth chart of RBs is injured so you had a pieced together backfield and the offensive line was banged up. Wilson is far and away your best player and playmaker and your best skill players are Metcalf and Lockette both WRs. 2013 Lynch and the Legion of Boom aren't walking through that door so your approach should've been is too look at the state of your team and unleash Wilson from the get go instead of being forced to do because you're down a couple scores.

With that said I wouldn't fire Carroll but I'd warm that seat up. He's got a top 5 QB and some would argue a top 3 QB so if we're going to get on the likes of Reid, Payton, Tomlin, etc for wasting the talent on their teams Carroll needs to start delivering or he'll be on the list with those guys.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Carroll it's a case of the devil you know is better than the devil you don't but he's starting to transform into a Marty Schottenheimer and Seahawks fans are starting to sound like Chargers fans back in the day in the "we'll get them next year" attitude.

And I think Carroll is a good coach as his team loves to play for him and he has his defenses competitive no matter the talent level year to year but I think the success of recent years has been mainly been on Wilson's shoulders and him dragging the team to wins and to the playoffs.

I've said it in the past but his stubborn refusal to be flexible with his offensive philosophy is hurting the Seahawks and I thought the Green Bay game was a perfect example of that.

You're entire depth chart of RBs is injured so you had a pieced together backfield and the offensive line was banged up. Wilson is far and away your best player and playmaker and your best skill players are Metcalf and Lockette both WRs. 2013 Lynch and the Legion of Boom aren't walking through that door so your approach should've been is too look at the state of your team and unleash Wilson from the get go instead of being forced to do because you're down a couple scores.

With that said I wouldn't fire Carroll but I'd warm that seat up. He's got a top 5 QB and some would argue a top 3 QB so if we're going to get on the likes of Reid, Payton, Tomlin, etc for wasting the talent on their teams Carroll needs to start delivering or he'll be on the list with those guys.

IMO, they're going to honor his current agreement that ends at the end of the 2021 season... He's not going to be on the hot seat... Rumors are that Kyle Schottenheimer is being groomed for his replacement when Carroll's contract is up... So if that is true, neither Pete or Kyle are going anywhere in the short term...

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pop quiz....

Which coach has given the Seahawks the most success during his tenure? Anyone bitching about Pete Carroll needs to watch the highlight reel from the team's seasons in the 90's prior to Paul Allen buying them.

I don't care if Carroll is reduced to this state:

Star-Trek-The-Original-Series-Christopher-Pike-The-Menagerie-1024x724.jpg

All Pete needs is an red blinking light and he would still be better coach over 2/3 of the rest of them.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pop quiz....

Which coach has given the Seahawks the most success during his tenure? Anyone bitching about Pete Carroll needs to watch the highlight reel from the team's seasons in the 90's prior to Paul Allen buying them.

I don't care if Carroll is reduced to this state:

View attachment 229784

All Pete needs is an red blinking light and he would still be better coach over 2/3 of the rest of them.

it is a 49er fan trying to stir the pot

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks Defense was not talented enough on the back end to blitz more, sad i know. More pressure means a good chance to really mess things up with a blitz, we had almost zero it seemed most of the season. They were also not talented enough on the front 4 to get any pressure on the QB or keep the linebackers clean so they could tackle RB's. they are also a slow defense. Not a lot of guys faster than 4.5 on the defense and it showed up. Team needs help on defense big time and i would be happy to see them Yes Grab a Running back in the first 3 or 4 rounds but by all means rebuild that defense!

In My Eyes that defense over achieved. The TEAM over Achieved, come on 11-5 with a record of 10-2 in one score games. That never happens.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I do not feel defeated I would be mad if I was either a Ravens fan or Saints fan by going 13-3 and losing in the first round in front of your home crowd. I really really really wished the Saints would have won and we would have gotten our chance to play the 49ers instead of the Packers. I knew as soon as the Vikings won we were going to lose to the packers.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks Defense was not talented enough on the back end to blitz more, sad i know. More pressure means a good chance to really mess things up with a blitz, we had almost zero it seemed most of the season. They were also not talented enough on the front 4 to get any pressure on the QB or keep the linebackers clean so they could tackle RB's. they are also a slow defense. Not a lot of guys faster than 4.5 on the defense and it showed up. Team needs help on defense big time and i would be happy to see them Yes Grab a Running back in the first 3 or 4 rounds but by all means rebuild that defense!

In My Eyes that defense over achieved. The TEAM over Achieved, come on 11-5 with a record of 10-2 in one score games. That never happens.

True... With the same talent going into next season, 10-2 probably wouldn't happen in 1 score games... Can't keep relying on teams to miss a game winning FG... I think they had two against them this year resulting in a win...

This team reminded me of the Seattle Mariners a few years ago when they broke a record for 1 run wins in a season...

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will have a better shot this year as we have a solid amount of draft picks. Last year, only 4 picks to start and JS did a great job of trading down.
This year we build our depth and hope to find a few quality starters.
Most of the visionary ones expected 18 & 19 to be tough years, based upon who we lost, dead money cap hits, and in the rebuild of the roster.
My opinion is we have a better shot in 20.