• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If Curry was playing right now...

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Changing the game doesn't really have anything to do with making the playoffs.

The 3 point shot was considered a "bad shot" pretty much until Curry started knocking them down at a historic rate.

Heck, when he and the Warriors started winning, the knock on them was that they'd never win a title because "live by the 3, die by the 3".

Add to that, the fact that he's not real big in a league of giants and not super athletic compared to much of the league and you have a guy that regular folks look at and say "Hey, maybe I can do that too."

It's had an effect from youth basketball on up.

So yeah, he changed the game.

Is changing a style mean much tho? How much did he really change other than you should take a few more 3's?

3 point shooting has been around forever since Ray Allen, Reggie Miller...He is just a more glorified version because he was on a better team.

The best players in the NBA are still the same best players...Durant was still the finals mvp, not Curry. Look at the best players in the NBA today...It's still the athletic beast guys like Lebron, AD, Greek Hombre, Kawhi

He changed the fringe surroundings of the NBA i guess, he didn't really change the game from what you need to win and be the best player to do it imo...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is changing a style mean much tho? How much did he really change other than you should take a few more 3's?

It's not just a style though, it's changed how the game is played. Traditional centers, who used to dominate the game, are all but obsolete now.

For the entire existence of the NBA, the league was pretty much ruled by bigs. Now, it's ruled by guards and wing players.

Also, it's more than just a few more 3's. The fact that teams can spread the floor with 3's open the floor up and makes offenses work better and more efficiently.

3 point shooting has been around since Ray Allen, Reggie Miller...He is just a more glorified guy because he was on a better team

Ray Allen and Reggie Miller showed that the 3 could be a good weapon.

Steph has made it a nuclear warhead. lol

The best players in the NBA are still the same best players...Durant was still the finals mvp, not Curry. Look at the best players in the NBA today...It's still the athletic beast guys like Lebron, AD, Greek Hombre, Kawhi

True. But look at how those guys play. Without the importance of the 3 and the floor spacing it provides, a lot of those guys would be in more traditional roles, Lebron would likely be more like Karl Malone, same with The Freak and AD. Durant would be a center. Because of how the game is now, those players can use and develop all of their talents.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this tho, bring back a shaq type player and i bet the game would "change" right back lol

As much as GS was hyped for their 3's because of Curry, the Cavs actually have the record for most 3's made in the playoffs, and if i recall shot a better %...3 point shooters surrounding a Athletic super-star is really what "changed the game" and the Cavs had that from year 1 when they got lebron...3 point shooting on it's own imo is never good enough to "change the game"

The main changes to the game were the same changes...Lebron and then later Durant...They were the most important, not the 3's imho...And that has the longevity over a brief curry run

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a nice story, except for the fact the Warriors in 2016 won nearly 2 playoff rounds without Curry even playing.

The Cavs may have been good, but they sure as hell weren't good enough to miss Irving and Love and still win...That would be like asking the Heat to win without Wade and Bosh...How well do you think the Lakers would do if AD went down? Lebron couldn't even make the playoffs last year. Lebron is good, but lets not pull credit away from how good Irving and Love were...In order for you to try and build up GS can't miss a single player in a game narrative lol

You loved overestimating how good Green was and Curry...They were never beating a healthy Lebron, Irving, Love cavs team pre-durant period. They did beat a Lebron delly TT team tho in 6. Noway they won that series in 15 if Love and Irving were healthy, not a chance. 2016 proved this, although i think 2015 would have been a much easier series than 16...GS wasn't as good in 15 as 16.

Very little of this is actually true.

Like almost nothing after the first sentence.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this tho, bring back a shaq type player and i bet the game would "change" right back lol

As much as GS was hyped for their 3's because of Curry, the Cavs actually have the record for most 3's made in the playoffs, and if i recall shot a better %...3 point shooters surrounding a Athletic super-star is really what "changed the game" and the Cavs had that from year 1 when they got lebron...3 point shooting on it's own imo is never good enough to "change the game"

The main changes to the game were the same changes...Lebron and then Durant

I seriously question whether you have ever watched an NBA basketball game.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously question whether you have ever watched an NBA basketball game.

Maybe you can enlighten us on who were the finals mvp's of the last few finals...

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say this tho, bring back shaq and i bet the game would "change" right back lol

Not necessarily.

With Shaq, it's genetics.

With Steph, it's skill.

You can learn a skill, you can't learn to be an athletic 7'0" 300 lb. monster. lol

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing Curry really changed is what better compliments the main superstar...

Lebron already knew this pre curry. That is why the Cavs and Heat put spot up 3 point shooters around Lebron

Curry can not win on his own without a super stacked team or a team crippled by injuries.

Put Lebron on that same GS team and he has GS in the playoffs, put curry there and they are still a lottery team

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily.

With Shaq, it's genetics.

With Steph, it's skill.

You can learn a skill, you can't learn to be an athletic 7'0" 300 lb. monster. lol

Yea, that was kinda my point. A skill can only take you so far. The NBA never really changed per say...It still is dominated by the genetic monsters, but the skill players can rise high, just never to that finals mvp level...So in that way the NBA never really changed or was changed

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing Curry really changed is what better compliments the main superstar...

Lebron already knew this pre curry. That is why the Cavs and Heat put spot up 3 point shooters around Lebron

Curry can not win on his own without a super stacked team or a team crippled by injuries.

Put Lebron on that same GS team and he has GS in the playoffs, put curry there and they are still a lottery team

LOL.

Do you understand that this thread hurts your primary argument?

Yes, LeBron >>> Curry. And it isn’t close. We have all always known this.

And yet still,

GS >>> Cleveland

Because their pieces meshed better and Klay and Draymond, while not better talents, contributed more to their team winning than Kyrie and Love.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

Do you understand that this thread hurts your primary argument?

Yes, LeBron >>> Curry. And it isn’t close. We have all always known this.

And yet still,

GS >>> Cleveland

Because their pieces meshed better and Klay and Draymond, while not better talents, contributed more to their team winning than Kyrie and Love.

What you can't understand is that the Cavs and GS played Lebron, Kyrie, Love only once and they lost...

As good as their "pieces" fit they never beat those 3...

It's easier to contribute when 2 stars are not playing tho, i will give you that one

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You do realize it is harder to win regular season MVP than Finals MVP right?

Curry has 2 of those.

And it is a highly subjective award anyway that you put way too much stock in. Curry should have won Finals MVP in 2015. Could have won it in 2018.

And yet you blabber on about his lack of Finals MVPs like it is some huge blemish in his resume.

It isn’t.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you can't understand is that the Cavs and GS played Lebron, Kyrie, Love only once and they lost...

As good as their "pieces" fit they never beat those 3...

It's easier to contribute when 2 stars are not playing tho, i will give you that one

Good try.

not doing this again.

Why do you bring this back like every other month?

Nevermind. I know why.

Because Cleveland sports were such a massive disappointment in 2019 you have literally nothing else to talk about.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize it is harder to win regular season MVP than Finals MVP right?

Curry has 2 of those.

And it is a highly subjective award anyway that you put way too much stock in. Curry should have won Finals MVP in 2015. Could have won it in 2018.

And yet you blabber on about his lack of Finals MVPs like it is some huge blemish in his resume.

It isn’t.

You can't crack the top 10 without 1 finals mvp. Those regular season MVP's don't even go to the best player. Didn't Derrick Rose win one? They just got tired of giving it to lebron.

Think about it what is Currys signature victory without Durant? Beating a team missing 2 superstars? Is that really what you are hanging your hat on lol

Do you knock Kawhi for winning last year, or is exactly the same?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't crack the top 10 without 1 finals mvp. Those regular season MVP's don't even go to the best player. They just got tired of giving it to lebron.

Think about it what is Currys signature victory without Durant? Beating a team missing 2 superstars? Is that really what you are hanging your hat on lol

Do you knock Kawhi for winning last year, or is exactly the same?

I don’t have Curry in the top 10. And he won’t ever get there.

And no I don’t knock Kawhi. Not his fault. Saying they would not have beaten a healthy Warrior team is not knocking Kawhi. It is common sense. Which you don’t have an ounce of.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t have Curry in the top 10. And he won’t ever get there.

And no I don’t knock Kawhi. Not his fault. Saying they would not have beaten a healthy Warrior team is not knocking Kawhi. It is common sense. Which you don’t have an ounce of.

Everyone knows that had GS been healthy they would have won...

Same way everyone knows that if the Cavs had been healthy and had Kyrie Irving and Love in 2015 instead of D-leaguer Delly and scrub Verajao they also would have won...

You just don't want admit it

Curry's championship is on the same level as Kawhi's was last year...Neither happen without major series ending injuries. It is common sense. Your emotions won't let you admit one because you are biased!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone knows that had GS been healthy they would have won...

Same way everyone knows that if the Cavs had been healthy and had Kyrie Irving and Love in 2015 instead of D-leaguer Delly and scrub Verajao they also would have won...

You just don't want admit it

Curry's championship is on the same level as Kawhi's was last year...Neither happen without major series ending injuries. It is common sense. Your emotions won't let you admit one because you are biased!

LOL.

The man who actually believes that Kyrie is a better player than Curry is calling me biased.

Can’t make this stuff up.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, that was kinda my point. A skill can only take you so far. The NBA never really changed per say...It still is dominated by the genetic monsters, but the skill players can rise high, just never to that finals mvp level...So in that way the NBA never really changed or was changed

I don't think you're getting the difference between a learned skill and genetics.

If some guy who's 6'3" and wants to play in the NBA, can look at Steph and say..."I might be able to do that". Then, he can work on his shooting and ball handling for hours every day and maybe he has a chance that way.

But what he can't do, is look at Shaq and then turn himself into a 7'0" 300 lb. monster.

Also, not winning a finals mvp, doesn't change his effect on the game. The fact is the Warriors don't have the run they had without him. He also was the only unanimous regular season MVP.