• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If anyone wants to apologize ......

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our O-line was decent in 2012, 2013, 2014 ..... Russ was running for his life since 2015, those other line were at least serviceable ... I"m not saying they were great by any stretch, just serviceable ...
I don't think it was that bad for most of 2015. It started off bad, but then by mid-season we were running well and of course RW was lighting up pretty much every team he faced to historical type levels.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't there a thread just like this on the M's board that prematurely threw a gotcha sort of vibe to an early celebration only to go horribly horribly wrong and blow the hell up in their face? :L

One solid outing against a struggling Lions team is hardly proof of anything, more or less that Bevell was some problem that is now gone. I mean the Seahawks went to TWO SUPER BOWLS under him despite the near ineptitude of that O line in all of his seasons there.

Watching basically the same guys this year as last year starting to make progress under the new line coach is pretty glaring. The OC has basically nothing to do with that.

Let's see overall how this offense does over the next 4 games before anyone starts gloating too much. They did just come off their bye and play a fairly meh team.

How are they going to look against the chargers, GB, Rams, and Panthers?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it was that bad for most of 2015. It started off bad, but then by mid-season we were running well and of course RW was lighting up pretty much every team he faced to historical type levels.
problem with using running stats as the only grading point for the O line is, we saw pretty glaringly how much different the running game was any time Lynch wasn't there or at full speed. He was a once in a decade type of runner that made his own bread and butter far more than he had good sized holes to run in. The sites that use metrics to grade them were not quite so generous.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Vince over at FO...

Some breakdown of Seattle's pass protection numbers:

Week 1 vs. DEN: 11 QB hits, 6 sacks allowed.
Week 2 vs. CHI: 8, 6

(At this point D.J. Fluker enters the lineup.)

Week 3 vs. DAL: 7, 2
Week 4 vs. ARI: 3, 2
Week 5 vs. LAR: 3, 2
Week 6 vs. OAK: 3, 1
Week 7: bye
Week 8 vs. DET: 4, 2

Any Given Sunday: Seahawks over Lions | Football Outsiders

Fluker has been fantastic for us and has helped to dramatically stabilize the line. This has helped Ifedi as well.

I honestly don't think that Russ has EVER had as much time in the pocket as he has had in the past few games.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
problem with using running stats as the only grading point for the O line is, we saw pretty glaringly how much different the running game was any time Lynch wasn't there or at full speed. He was a once in a decade type of runner that made his own bread and butter far more than he had good sized holes to run in. The sites that use metrics to grade them were not quite so generous.
Uh....huh? In the latter of of '15 was when Rawls was tearing it up. Lynch did jack that whole year outside of 1 game vs SF.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know funny thing about that fake punt is had he just went he would have gone for 50+ lol but he waited and waited and i am sure was like "man i could run this but i got to go out of bounds for a safety"

Going for it on 4th and 1 from the 1 was stupid and made 0 sense. A TD puts you 3 scores ahead, A FG puts you 3 scores ahead also. A failed 4th down try on the 1 yard line leaves you at just 2 scores and gives the opponent some momentum. Dumb call even if they converted and scored a TD it was a dumb call.
Allow me to offer a different angle.
I agree that kicking a FG at that moment is the right call, but Pete isn't necessarily conventional. Be that right or wrong.
Sometimes a boss is in a position to let his staff go for it. Maybe the boss wants to put them in a position to grow without causing a catastrophe. If we fail, the opponent has to go 99 yards for a TD to be within 1 score with time against them.
The Rams had that same opportunity at our house last month. In the 4th qtr, after a TO, McVay was convinced by his team to go for it.
Our situation was not nearly as close score/time wise as that. Maybe Pete wanted to give them a shot. It was not dire situation, so move on I guess.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't there a thread just like this on the M's board that prematurely threw a gotcha sort of vibe to an early celebration only to go horribly horribly wrong and blow the hell up in their face? :L

One solid outing against a struggling Lions team is hardly proof of anything, more or less that Bevell was some problem that is now gone. I mean the Seahawks went to TWO SUPER BOWLS under him despite the near ineptitude of that O line in all of his seasons there.

Watching basically the same guys this year as last year starting to make progress under the new line coach is pretty glaring. The OC has basically nothing to do with that.

Let's see overall how this offense does over the next 4 games before anyone starts gloating too much. They did just come off their bye and play a fairly meh team.

How are they going to look against the chargers, GB, Rams, and Panthers?
Even though it doesn't sound like a positive vibe, going 2-2 won't be terrible when looking at a chance at a WC.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One solid outing against a struggling Lions team is hardly proof of anything, more or less that Bevell was some problem that is now gone.

Lions won 3 of last 4 games, including wins over Packers and Patriots coming into our game w/ them... How is that struggling?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions won 3 of last 4 games, including wins over Packers and Patriots coming into our game w/ them... How is that struggling?
Ha, good observation.
Det was on a mini roll until we slapped them hard at home.