• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

If anyone wants to apologize ......

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone wants to apologize to Snuggles and I about the decision to fire Bevell ,i will be here all week. P.S
Wilson had a 158.3 passer rating today. Thanks and have a wonderful day!

Reactions: MrS

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't a fan of Bevell but the team did score points even with his head scratching play calling. The better firing was ridding Tom Cable. O-line has gelled nicely and the Hawks have a solid running game.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't a fan of Bevell but the team did score points even with his head scratching play calling. The better firing was ridding Tom Cable. O-line has gelled nicely and the Hawks have a solid running game.
Offense hasn’t really changed much. Difference is the OL is better and healthy and the RBs are all healthy. Last year the RB Corp was a mash unit

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense hasn’t really changed much. Difference is the OL is better and healthy and the RBs are all healthy. Last year the RB Corp was a mash unit

That and the o-line has been in steep decline for a few years now. That's why I think firing Cable and bringing in a real o-line coach was the best move of the off-season.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually, the offense is even more of what they were complaining about than it was under Bevell. The big complaint was that Bevell was too predictable on first down - yet we're running the ball 62% of the time on first down. That includes 20 of 26 first down plays being run plays today, including all of our 3 and out (and the 3 and out, 4th conversion 3 and out) drives today.They're so happy that Bevell isn't the one making the calls that it doesn't matter if Schottenheimer is more of what they disliked about Bevell than Bevell was.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
damn, sour grapes about bevell being fired?

get over it. the offense works now. no more slow starts, no more 0 point first halfs, no more presumptions of FGs when we get into the redzone, no more outsmarting ourselves with cute playcalling. this is not just because the OL is better, its more than that.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

get over it. the offense works now. no more slow starts, no more 0 point first halfs, no more presumptions of FGs when we get into the redzone, no more outsmarting ourselves with cute playcalling. this is not just because the OL is better, its more than that.

It isn't sour grapes. What you you two never understood was that none of were particularly loyal to Bevell. We just understood what the problem was. A horrible OL.

Right now the Seahawks OL isn't just not horrible. It is actually GOOD! Ifedi is like a new player!! When Russ isn't running for his life, he's remarkably good!

DrewScott

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry for how I behaved, please accept my sincere apologies.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks improved O-line play is the biggest difference in the running game.. It's nice to finally see some decent O-line play, it's been like 3 years of misery in that area.... Carson should be mentioned also, he's good, but without an O-line good backs get grounded....

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

0 point first halves. Yeah, in 7 games we haven't had a 0 point first half, but they weren't exactly common under Bevell. 12 in 124 games (and only 9 under Russell Wilson). 50 times the Seahawks were scoreless in the first under Bevell (40.3%) which pace Schottenheimer is currently matching (42.9%).

Yes, Schottenheimer through 7 games (which is way too small a sample to compare, but hey it's what's being put out there) the Seahawks are averaging more points in the second quarter (9.1) than over Bevell's time (6.8) thanks in large part to the 21 put up today. Conversley, the Seahawks averaged more under Bevell in every other quarter, first (4.2 to 4.0), third (5.4 to 4.9) and fourth (7.5 to 6.4). All this while the Hawks haven't played defenses of the caliber that were the 9ers, Cards and Rams Ds from 2011-2017.

No cute playcalling? Fake punt from their own end zone? Going for it on 4th on the one? Those are just 2 examples from today's game alone.

You're so determined to be right that it was all Bevell's fault that you are more than happy to blind yourself to anything that you would have previously complained about just so you can claim some illusionary moral high ground on the subject. Just about the only point you've made that has any real merit is that the Seahawks have started out with a better red zone offense this season than what they averaged under Bevell. To which I am glad, since I would never root against my team's success just so I could claim to have been right.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0 point first halves. Yeah, in 7 games we haven't had a 0 point first half, but they weren't exactly common under Bevell. 12 in 124 games (and only 9 under Russell Wilson). 50 times the Seahawks were scoreless in the first under Bevell (40.3%) which pace Schottenheimer is currently matching (42.9%).

Yes, Schottenheimer through 7 games (which is way too small a sample to compare, but hey it's what's being put out there) the Seahawks are averaging more points in the second quarter (9.1) than over Bevell's time (6.8) thanks in large part to the 21 put up today. Conversley, the Seahawks averaged more under Bevell in every other quarter, first (4.2 to 4.0), third (5.4 to 4.9) and fourth (7.5 to 6.4). All this while the Hawks haven't played defenses of the caliber that were the 9ers, Cards and Rams Ds from 2011-2017.

No cute playcalling? Fake punt from their own end zone? Going for it on 4th on the one? Those are just 2 examples from today's game alone.

You're so determined to be right that it was all Bevell's fault that you are more than happy to blind yourself to anything that you would have previously complained about just so you can claim some illusionary moral high ground on the subject. Just about the only point you've made that has any real merit is that the Seahawks have started out with a better red zone offense this season than what they averaged under Bevell. To which I am glad, since I would never root against my team's success just so I could claim to have been right.

The "fake punt" wasn't called, Dickson was supposed to take a safety but saw open field in front of him

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, we had top 10 offenses when Bevell was here up until our OL sunk to historically pathetic levels. All this has been hashed, re-hashed, and hashed a 3rd time, but right now I'm just glad this team is proving it is in fact NOT lousy like most thought.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck you, I'm not apologizing for jack shit. I (and many others) wanted Bevell and ESPECIALLY Cable gone over 2 years ago and especially last year. Go find my posts if you want.

BSUSeahawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never understood the disdain for Bevell. He was given a talented, yet unconventional QB and helped structure an offense around his strengths and produced above average offenses basically every year.

The problem with this offense, basically since SB 48, has been the OL and Tom Cable. Now that we've seen great progress on that end, the offense is back to being productive.

If anything, I think I may prefer Bevell slightly to Schotty, just because I feel like Schotty was selected based on a misguided (IMO) philosophy when it comes to passing vs. rushing volume. But that's a nitpick.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The "fake punt" wasn't called, Dickson was supposed to take a safety but saw open field in front of him

Yes it was - he was just supposed to take the safety. A fake punt is to give the indication that you're punting and then do something else. Just because the desired outcome of this punt was to take a safety so that we'd have a better chance of pinning them with bad field position instead of a first down doesn't mean that the fake punt wasn't called.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it was - he was just supposed to take the safety. A fake punt is to give the indication that you're punting and then do something else. Just because the desired outcome of this punt was to take a safety so that we'd have a better chance of pinning them with bad field position instead of a first down doesn't mean that the fake punt wasn't called.

In his defense, if the call was to simply take a safety, it wasn't "cute," it was safe. The "cuteness" of the result was improvised.