• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ideal lines

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These would be my ideal lines post your ideal lines here

Parise-Henrique-Clarkson
Kovalchuk-Sykora-Elia
Poni-JJ-Zubrus
Jannson-Mills-Carter

Larsson-Volchenkov
Foster-Fayne
Tao-Salvadore

without injuries including ahl

Parise-Henrique-Clarkson
Kovalchuk-Sykora-Elias
Poni-Zajac-Zubrus
Palmieri-JJ-Teds

Larsson-Tallinder
Foster-Volchenkov
Greene- Salvadore

Last edited by a moderator:

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not a Zubrus hater but he doesn't look right on the first line to me. Switch and put Clarkson on the first and you got 3 guys who love to go hard to the net. Could work.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a Zubrus hater but he doesn't look right on the first line to me. Switch and put Clarkson on the first and you got 3 guys who love to go hard to the net. Could work.

Fixed I was torn between Clarkson and Zubrus but could not make up my mind.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Looks good. I will email DeBoer and Oates to see what they think.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
so you want to put a career 3rd liner on our top line. you want to move our fastest skater to a line with 2 guys in their mid 30s? makes sense to me!

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Zubrus has been a pleasant surprise this season with his production, so has Sykora, however, NEITHER of those players will continue to provide offense once separated from Elias. Also, Parise and Kovalchuk both had a mammoth two months before the past two games. They're fine.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zubrus has been a pleasant surprise this season with his production, so has Sykora, however, NEITHER of those players will continue to provide offense once separated from Elias. Also, Parise and Kovalchuk both had a mammoth two months before the past two games. They're fine.

I think mammoth two months is exaggerating just a bit.I will never understand why you guys are so bought into the parise kovy line

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Since Dec 1:

Ilya has 14G, 26Pts in 24 games. That's a 48 goal, 90 pt pace.
Zach has 9G, 26 Pts in 24 Games and is a +5.

Ilya had a stretch that was only broken two games ago where he had 7 goals in 6 games. They're going to be fine.

Didn't we always rail on previous coaches for shuffling lines too much? And all this included missing Henrique for the last two weeks basically.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since Dec 1:

Ilya has 14G, 26Pts in 24 games. That's a 48 goal, 90 pt pace.
Zach has 9G, 26 Pts in 24 Games and is a +5.

Ilya had a stretch that was only broken two games ago where he had 7 goals in 6 games. They're going to be fine.

Didn't we always rail on previous coaches for shuffling lines too much? And all this included missing Henrique for the last two weeks basically.

constantly changing lines and making sure you have balanced lines are two seperate things.Putting all your eggs in one basket allows other teams to lock that line down.See the Boston and Philly games for a few examples.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
If teams are focusing on the top line then its time for the other lines to start to produce. Adding clarkson or zubrus to the top line wont help

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like all of zach zubes and clarky, and zach and zubes have complemented each other well before but I just don't think clarky is quite fleet footed enough to keep up with the flow of that line.

I honestly like the looks and premise of the poni josefson and clarky line

In fact ill go a step further and say that even w out zajac this is the most satisfied I've been w our top 3 lines I've been in a loooong time

devs30rko

Senior citizen 0.o
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
constantly changing lines and making sure you have balanced lines are two seperate things.Putting all your eggs in one basket allows other teams to lock that line down.See the Boston and Philly games for a few examples.

Yes but I think esp w the poni trade we have it. thats what that trade was intended for add some punch too that third line and now all of a sudden you have that balance. Hell clarky has 16 goals as a,part of the third line. Poni could possibly add another 8 or 10. That's as balanced as you get. Because you have to get zach and Kovy 20+ minutes a game, and them being on separate lines doesn't mean it won't happen, but it certainly complicates it

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but I think esp w the poni trade we have it. thats what that trade was intended for add some punch too that third line and now all of a sudden you have that balance. Hell clarky has 16 goals as a,part of the third line. Poni could possibly add another 8 or 10. That's as balanced as you get. Because you have to get zach and Kovy 20+ minutes a game, and them being on separate lines doesn't mean it won't happen, but it certainly complicates it

I can agree I like clarky with jj and ponies that's why I originally left that line alone.I originally swapped zubes with kovy which I believe gives us the most balance.For what its worth a good chunk of clarksons goals came on the pp ,first and second lines while filling in for injuries and other various in game events.I also can't see this as not being a problem because we are not on a major losing streak.The top line along with our scoring vanish when playing top tier teams as well as some mid range teams.I'm sorry but I can't agree with ignoring a problem.