• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Idea for a new kind of FF format

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just came to me so I haven't thought this out. The season would begin week 2 and end week 17. There might be a transactions limit, perhaps a limit of 2 per week, and maybe stricter trade limits as well.

You'd have your lineup. The scoring would be the difference between how a player did that week versus the previous week or versus the most recent game they played. So if you start a QB who had scored 10 the previous week and scores 22 that week, his score equals 12. If your kicker had scored 13 the previous week and scores 5 the next, his score equals 8. You wouldn't be able to start a player who is making his season debut and you must start an active player who plays at least one snap in order to get any points.

I'm thinking this could be attempted with a 10 or 12 team league and deeper benches than what is typical, maybe 7 or 8 deep.

The draft could be held after the week 1 games have been completed; I don't see why not.

I'm not sure if this would work well in a standard head to head format, as scoring might be too volatile. Maybe settings where your team plays vs. every team each week or something like that would more palatable.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Brees was quitting fantasy, if that's who you're talking about.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i get it, but i just dont see why, its basically a safety net for making the wrong call week to week. Or am i missing something

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you reward players for having a down week after having a good week?

it's like you are trying to make the most volatile players the highest scoring options each week - Lee Evans is pissed you took this long to come up with this idea

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's why this concept came to me. It was from observing users on reddit this year. It's like - with few exceptions beyond the exception of a player returning from an injury absence, unless a commodity has had a good scoring game in the last 1 or 2 games, by and large they'd want nothing to do with it in their lineup in advice they craft. The matchup levels of difficulty and things like that aren't totally disregarded, it's just this frontrunner syndrome that dominates.

After awhile I thought, "These people know that you play fantasy by trying to guess what happens next, not by prognosticating the past? And there is enough luck in the sport that all it takes is 1 or 2 iffy calls or non-calls by referees or a matter of inches on a throw that could have swung a total from boom to bust. And 'any given Sunday' is as relevant as ever." It made sense to conceive of something for people like this where looking at past scores is necessary to play the game, while learning to focus on what fantasy is for. I don't know, like I said it's half baked. Some seem to be in the habit of making an exorbitant number of trades and maybe only think of buying low in that context. It would be good if they weren't allowed to trade at all.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's why this concept came to me. It was from observing users on reddit this year. It's like - with few exceptions beyond the exception of a player returning from an injury absence, unless a commodity has had a good scoring game in the last 1 or 2 games, by and large they'd want nothing to do with it in their lineup in advice they craft. The matchup levels of difficulty and things like that aren't totally disregarded, it's just this frontrunner syndrome that dominates.

After awhile I thought, "These people know that you play fantasy by trying to guess what happens next, not by prognosticating the past? And there is enough luck in the sport that all it takes is 1 or 2 iffy calls or non-calls by referees or a matter of inches on a throw that could have swung a total from boom to bust. And 'any given Sunday' is as relevant as ever." It made sense to conceive of something for people like this where looking at past scores is necessary to play the game, while learning to focus on what fantasy is for. I don't know, like I said it's half baked. Some seem to be in the habit of making an exorbitant number of trades and maybe only think of buying low in that context. It would be good if they weren't allowed to trade at all.

I think it is an intersting idea.

Perhaps the most interesting part is that all players would be potentially dropable.

If doing this, it would almost be more fun to do a weekly league style and have a new draft each week. Because values fluctuate a ton based on what guys did the week prior.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, if a player scores less do you get negative points?

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is an intersting idea.

Perhaps the most interesting part is that all players would be potentially dropable.

If doing this, it would almost be more fun to do a weekly league style and have a new draft each week. Because values fluctuate a ton based on what guys did the week prior.
its very similar to the draft kings format with the perk of scoring by picking someone in a slump