• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Wish - The Finals

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hawks won the series, that much is clear. They deserve it. That said:

I wish we'd at least pushed to game seven, so they could have won on home ice - and us not lost on ours.

I wish we'd lost the series on an amazing deke or a spectacular deflection or an incredibly well placed shot instead of a slow along the ice shot from near the boards at a terrible angle, but both sides knew going in that Leighton had a terrible five hole, and the Hawks did nothing wrong in taking advantage of it.

I wish the Conn Smythe had gone to a player who played better in the Finals - not to knock Toews, but he was not the best player in the series. Give it to Hossa or Pronger or Kane. I will admit I didn't watch the rest of the Blackhawk games, though, and I know he was hot leading up to the finals.

I wish we'd won the Cup.

I'm glad we made the finals. Being down 3-0 to Boston and coming back is amazing.

I'm glad our fans cheered the handshake. That was classy.

I'm glad Hartnell made a game of it. Like all hockey games, my teams seem destined to lose in the championship (this year I watched the US lose in OT, the Flyers lose in OT, and the Badgers get blown out 5-0).

I'm glad for the Blackhawks and their fans. Philly fans know what it's like to not have a championship for extended periods of time, and the Hawks had been in a bad situation, ownership wise, for a while. Glad that that seems to be over.

I'm glad I got to watch some good hockey. Games 1-3 and 6 were tight, close hockey games. My team didn't end up on top, but you can't win them all, and we didn't get swept.

My apologies if I've been moany or whiny. I really don't mean to be. But damn, it hurts to lose this one. Congrats Hawks. Same time, same place (but a different result) next year?

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good post... and good luck next year. I don't know what Philly's cap situation is, but bringing in a guy like Hamhuis or Turco might put them over the top.

Also the big dogs out West are set to lose some quality guys because of the cap this summer, so the Finals matchup might favor the East a little more.