• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I will never buy Playstation again

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the new generation consoles come out, I am going back to Xbox. I originally was a PlayStation person, getting PS and then PS2 before switching to Xbox and liking it, well when PS4 and Xbox One came out, I decided to try PlayStation since it had the options for a baseball game.

Well, I officially annoyed with it. I bought NBA2k20 and was playing every single game of my NBA season, I was 62 games in and today I click "update PlayStation 4 software" and after I did that my entire file is GONE. Not only that, but the game says "download newest file" and i go to try that, in hopes it will somehow bring my old file back and I get an error message that I don't have enough room on my playstation to download....What? I have a total of like 4 PlayStation games, I barely played the thing over the years I've had it.

All that work, and just like that it can crash and I lose all my progress?

Can't wait for the new Xbox to come out.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to Xbox 360 and EA NCAA FOOTBALL 14 for me. Thing hums like a lawn mower, but it's reliable.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to Xbox 360 and EA NCAA FOOTBALL 14 for me. Thing hums like a lawn mower, but it's reliable.
Ay hoss, PS3 somehow has online dynasty up and running. Not sure about XBox. Just discovered this yesterday and am officially freaking.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bought an Xbox One X last December. The HDMI port is bad, and I can only play games in 480p. Over a year, so warranty is gone.

Not sure if that makes it better than a playstation....

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bought an Xbox One X last December. The HDMI port is bad, and I can only play games in 480p. Over a year, so warranty is gone.

I've kept playstations for the entire lifespan of that gen of console and also had some that broke within two years. I know plenty of xbox folks who have had the same. I've also had similar experiences with TVs, computers, routers, etc etc. Buying electronics is always a damn crap shoot.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a chance for me to recover my saved file, but it looks like they make you pay for a PS Network subscription to get the file back from the "cloud". Which of course I have no idea if my game file was ever saved to the cloud in the first place since I never had the PS Network. SO I don't want to pay for the subscription to find out that it didn't even save there and I cant get my progress back.

Dumb. What happened to just playing games offline and you did your own thing. Just place the game into the system and it played. I don't care about virtual cash, I don't care about what sunglasses my create a player can wear, I just want to play a damn season. It's simple.

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why pay Sony or M$ for a PC that you can only use the way they let you use it?

DetroitDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That face when you left your tv screen off and nintendo on all night so a game you've been working hard on (and probably died on a thousand times during) has frozen when you come back to it...

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see there is a chance I can recover my game, maybe, if I sign up to the PlayStation Network and pay their monthly fee. But, since I haven't been a PlayStation Network member, it's pure hope that somehow my game file saved to the Sony cloud and is still retrievable through the network. But not sure I want to spend the money on their monthly subscription only to find out it never saved to their cloud.

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What in the hell are you doing to it?

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What in the hell are you doing to it?
I moved twice since I bought it. So the HDMI cable was unplugged and plugged back in several times, but that shouldn't have hurt things. Maybe a power surge did it... who knows. My extensive troubleshooting concluded that either the HDMI port or the HDMI port control chip is bad.

When quarantine is up, I'm going to take apart the xbox. MAYBE I can move the unused HDMI (in) to the bad HDMI (out) to see if that fixes things. But I haven't soldered electronics in two decades, so likely will screw it up. Right now, just playing in low definition is better than a dead xbox.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a chance for me to recover my saved file, but it looks like they make you pay for a PS Network subscription to get the file back from the "cloud". Which of course I have no idea if my game file was ever saved to the cloud in the first place since I never had the PS Network. SO I don't want to pay for the subscription to find out that it didn't even save there and I cant get my progress back.

Dumb. What happened to just playing games offline and you did your own thing. Just place the game into the system and it played. I don't care about virtual cash, I don't care about what sunglasses my create a player can wear, I just want to play a damn season. It's simple.

Can you pay for a PS Network subscription? Pay whatever the first month fee is then cancel the subscription, might even give you a refund...

I did that for NCAA 14 to get the new rosters. It was $1 to join so I download the new rosters and saved them...then canceled my subscription. Pretty sure they even refunded me the $1 and for some reason for weeks was still able to go online as well haha

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you pay for a PS Network subscription? Pay whatever the first month fee is then cancel the subscription, might even give you a refund...

I did that for NCAA 14 to get the new rosters. It was $1 to join so I download the new rosters and saved them...then canceled my subscription. Pretty sure they even refunded me the $1 and for some reason for weeks was still able to go online as well haha
Was this for PS3? Or were you able to play NCAA 14 on PS4?!?!?!?!!!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was this for PS3? Or were you able to play NCAA 14 on PS4?!?!?!?!!!

It was on XBox and I had to get an old Xbox outta of the cobwebs to play NCAA 14 but I needed an online membership so I bought one. First month was $1 so I canceled it lol

DetroitDevil

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol all 7 are false as benefits to consoles over pcs. With the exception of ps4’s desperation for proprietary games as a selling/marketing point, but by far there are more games on pc. #7 is a complete fantasy... ps4 controlers And xbox controllers work on pc... beyond that the controllers are weaker in real time accuracy vs mouse and keyboard.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was on XBox and I had to get an old Xbox outta of the cobwebs to play NCAA 14 but I needed an online membership so I bought one. First month was $1 so I canceled it lol
I got XBOX 360 and still have it for the sole purpose of still playing NCAA 14. If either PS4 or XBOX One allowed you to play it on their platform I would buy it tonight and download the game.

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got XBOX 360 and still have it for the sole purpose of still playing NCAA 14. If either PS4 or XBOX One allowed you to play it on their platform I would buy it tonight and download the game.

I saw this hypothetical earlier OD and this thread made me think of it. NCAA Football 20 can be released tomorrow, but it's retail is $200. Would you buy it? For me, absolutely yes.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw this hypothetical earlier OD and this thread made me think of it. NCAA Football 20 can be released tomorrow, but it's retail is $200. Would you buy it? For me, absolutely yes.
Yes absolutely would. I'd be waiting in line right now at the local store.