• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I really, really hope that the team realizes the gravity of this NYG game

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not a game to fuck around in. Which is what has me nervous about the uncertainty of Trubisky's status.

If we give a terrible performance like we did in Miami and drop this one... we're staring down the barrel of two consecutive losses with LAR coming to town. Then, we have Rodgers and who knows where that GB team is by that point.

I actually feel okay about the LAR game (we'll have a shot) and confident vs GB. However, there is no denying the potential for a slide to begin if we should lose in New York. We'll be dogs vs the Rams and the GB game will be expected to be tight. All it could take is a few bad breaks for this whole thing to go haywire. Then we're 8-6 fighting for our playoff lives.

We're head/shoulders the better team. So, please... I'd love not to fall behind early. Just get out in front and don't look back. Don't rest Trubisky. If he's hurt - don't play him. However, this is not a "Eh, let's just make sure he's good - we should win anyway" spot. If he's ready, turn him loose.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop Barkley. Win game.

That's it.
That really is about it. And to Richi's point, the Bears can't expect to waltz in and collect a win. The Giants aren't good but they're not as putrid as they were to start the year. On top of that, they could get up to try to beat an 8-3 team with the best defense in the league.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By no means am I saying they should take the Giants lightly, as the Giants have been playing better the last 3 weeks, but the Bears are the better team and they need to continue to prove that.

As stated, a win here is very important if they wanna keep the pressure on, and I am certain the team knows this all too well. They will be ready.

Couple of interesting sidenotes:

Eli has been sacked an NFL-high 38 times this season.

Nothing to do with this game necessarily, but Eddie Jackson has 5 TDs since the start of 2017. Julio Jones has 6.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not a game to fuck around in. Which is what has me nervous about the uncertainty of Trubisky's status.

If we give a terrible performance like we did in Miami and drop this one... we're staring down the barrel of two consecutive losses with LAR coming to town. Then, we have Rodgers and who knows where that GB team is by that point.

I actually feel okay about the LAR game (we'll have a shot) and confident vs GB. However, there is no denying the potential for a slide to begin if we should lose in New York. We'll be dogs vs the Rams and the GB game will be expected to be tight. All it could take is a few bad breaks for this whole thing to go haywire. Then we're 8-6 fighting for our playoff lives.

We're head/shoulders the better team. So, please... I'd love not to fall behind early. Just get out in front and don't look back. Don't rest Trubisky. If he's hurt - don't play him. However, this is not a "Eh, let's just make sure he's good - we should win anyway" spot. If he's ready, turn him loose.

Yeah, you're the only one that understands this..You're much smarter than the entire Bears organization.

(rolls eyes)

My lord you're a dolt.

Last edited:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I stated in another thread, for those who weren't able to catch the Giants game this past Sunday, it was like watching two different teams out there - good team playing the first half, bad team playing the second. While they are definitely more than a one trick pony, I agree that if we stop Barkley, it will go a long way toward knocking off the Giants. Easier said than done, but that should be Objective One for Fangio and his staff.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My concern, Trubisky doesn't need the time off in his development. He was coming along nicely and doesn't need the progression to stop, especially with the run up to the playoffs (where the Bears appear to be headed).

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My concern, Trubisky doesn't need the time off in his development. He was coming along nicely and doesn't need the progression to stop, especially with the run up to the playoffs (where the Bears appear to be headed).
I'm gonna take a bit of a contrarian view here. First off, make no mistake about it, I'd prefer a 100% healthy Trubisky out there. However, if he's not at full strength, then I really don't mind him sitting. Until Thanksgiving, he hadn't had the luxury of observing regular season games from the sidelines since back in week 3 of last year. We saw how Chase performed. I think we agree that at best he's a game manager. But that's not in and of itself bad, as he ran the offense smoothly and more importantly, did not turn the ball over via fumble or INT. And it certainly can't hurt Trubisky watching a seasoned veteran operate by numbers in Nagy's offense.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna take a bit of a contrarian view here. First off, make no mistake about it, I'd prefer a 100% healthy Trubisky out there. However, if he's not at full strength, then I really don't mind him sitting. Until Thanksgiving, he hadn't had the luxury of observing regular season games from the sidelines since back in week 3 of last year. We saw how Chase performed. I think we agree that at best he's a game manager. But that's not in and of itself bad, as he ran the offense smoothly and more importantly, did not turn the ball over via fumble or INT. And it certainly can't hurt Trubisky watching a seasoned veteran operate by numbers in Nagy's offense.

"He benefited from watching a game from the sidelines" is just coach podium speak. I'm sure there's a few little things he picked up... but you develop by being out there on the dang field.

At this point... everyone is a tad banged up. You have to have your QB out there for games during the stretch run. We all agree - if the shoulder is truly at risk we sit. However, this isn't a spot where you just leave him in street clothes because "Eh... he's at 90-95% but we've got this one. So let's get him to 100%". Playing a little banged up is a part of this sport. As they say... you have to know the difference between playing "injured" and playing "hurt". You don't play injured. However, if you're a little hurt... I think you're expected to go.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there's a little bit hurt and then there's a little bit hurt. For example, a little bit hurt when your ribs are bruised is a lot different when a little bit hurt is your throwing shoulder. Both are a little bit hurt, but if his throwing mechanics and arm strength are affected due to this 'little' injury, that could make for some trouble.

I'm sticking with my preference. He needs to be 100% - or better put his throwing shoulder needs to be 100% - or else I'm all for letting him sit and watch/learn/coach-speak from the sidelines.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he sits it will be because of the injury. They are not sitting him to rest him. He will get a nice rest in about 15 years.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"He benefited from watching a game from the sidelines" is just coach podium speak. I'm sure there's a few little things he picked up... but you develop by being out there on the dang field.

At this point... everyone is a tad banged up. You have to have your QB out there for games during the stretch run. We all agree - if the shoulder is truly at risk we sit. However, this isn't a spot where you just leave him in street clothes because "Eh... he's at 90-95% but we've got this one. So let's get him to 100%". Playing a little banged up is a part of this sport. As they say... you have to know the difference between playing "injured" and playing "hurt". You don't play injured. However, if you're a little hurt... I think you're expected to go.

This all great en sech, but it's negating the fact that this is an injury to his throwing shoulder. Kind of a big one for QBs en sech. Is 90% with a chance of making the shoulder worse better than a 100% Chase Daniel?

I get what yer getting at and generally agree with the sentiment...throwing arm on a QB changes the ideal a touch tho.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With as little experience he has, he needs to play
Well there's a little bit hurt and then there's a little bit hurt. For example, a little bit hurt when your ribs are bruised is a lot different when a little bit hurt is your throwing shoulder. Both are a little bit hurt, but if his throwing mechanics and arm strength are affected due to this 'little' injury, that could make for some trouble.

I'm sticking with my preference. He needs to be 100% - or better put his throwing shoulder needs to be 100% - or else I'm all for letting him sit and watch/learn/coach-speak from the sidelines.
I do not disagree with your point. If he has a serious issue or even minor lingering issue with his shoulder he should not play. All I keep hearing from the beat reporters is, had the game been on Sunday Mitch would have played. We will find out soon enough.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This all great en sech, but it's negating the fact that this is an injury to his throwing shoulder. Kind of a big one for QBs en sech. Is 90% with a chance of making the shoulder worse better than a 100% Chase Daniel?

I get what yer getting at and generally agree with the sentiment...throwing arm on a QB changes the ideal a touch tho.

That was the very point I was making with the less-than-100% opinion. A sore leg, bruised ribs, even LEFT shoulder aching a bit.....all that would not preclude him from playing. But the throwing shoulder, that has to be in optimal condition.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do not disagree with your point. If he has a serious issue or even minor lingering issue with his shoulder he should not play. All I keep hearing from the beat reporters is, had the game been on Sunday Mitch would have played. We will find out soon enough.
Agreed. I truly hope that Mitch is well enough to play this week. Our offense is just that much more versatile with him running the show.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I truly hope that Mitch is well enough to play this week. Our offense is just that much more versatile with him running the show.

News surfacing today says he's as good as out

Nagy said on Ian Rappoport's radio show that he's "unsure" if he'll be ready and that he's "day-to-day". These are the EXACT same terms used not just last week for Trubisky. However, also the terms he used for Robinson and Mack when he held both of them out.

It's just pure guesswork. Yet, I predict we'll squeeze in enough work to post a limited practice for him Friday. Just to put some doubt in NYG's mind about who we'll play at QB. Then he will not be out there. This is what we did with Mack and Robinson.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do not disagree with your point. If he has a serious issue or even minor lingering issue with his shoulder he should not play. All I keep hearing from the beat reporters is, had the game been on Sunday Mitch would have played. We will find out soon enough.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's kind of being mocked today in a few articles I read. Stating that the Bears are completely unsure of his status.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, crap. I don't have much access to Chicago news down here in North Carolina. Bah.

What I am hearing:

Jeff Joniak
@JeffJoniak
13s14 seconds ago
Per Nagy on Trubisky shoulder injury said "his arrow is up". Range of motion is not an issue for Trubisky. "Whatever he can do, he will do physically."

Edit: but he didn't practice today, so no talking to the media which he was scheduled to do.

Last edited:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm with richi here. Too much mystery at this point in the week. Too much zig-zagging with the coachspeak. We best prepare for another start by Daniel.