• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I now understand completely why other fan bases despise UM fans

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an example of what I am saying here is this: Look at the number of negative ratings I have received in this thread, a thread where I have presented at least a little evidence to support my claims, with nothing offered as a rebuttal.

I guess I could have done better by including stuff like this:

YKw7TKF.png

BLsU2eQ.png

but that would have been piling on.
Gee, no shit you get an influx of Ohioans. We have 3 major metropolitan areas, something no other northern state can say, meaning we're going to have a lot of people with money who want to escape the cold sometimes. I go to South Carolina at least once a year for a golf trip that last 4-5 days, so we go out in the general population quite a bit and have mingled with plenty of locals. We've never once been told how awful us Ohioans are.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Nebraska took their ass whipping, DetroitDevil came on the Husker board and facepalmed Huskers fans posts ~ stay classy.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I can't figure out about this Nebraska game is if Michigan has improved a lot since the ND game or if Nebraska is literally just one of the worst P5 teams we've ever played.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand it because I had a Great-Uncle on my Dad's side (there were nine kids, he was the youngest and wasn't but 10 years older than my Dad) who taught at Youngstown State in the mid 80's and I remember going up there to visit and the people were great. Something between here and there on I-77 changes them into being absolute assholes or something.

You might be experiencing some slight regionalism.

Back when I still lived in SC, we went up to Cincinnati every fall, and the people there could not have been nicer. Any of them I ever met down at Myrtle were also nice. But transplant one of them into Taterville, USA, and they might start thinking they're the smartest mofos in the state. Never mind that the average rural Ohioan is probably a lot like the average rural Sandlapper.

The guys on this board are a pretty good lot, but they DO like to harp on the Civil War frequently

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gee, no shit you get an influx of Ohioans. We have 3 major metropolitan areas, something no other northern state can say, meaning we're going to have a lot of people with money who want to escape the cold sometimes. I go to South Carolina at least once a year for a golf trip that last 4-5 days, so we go out in the general population quite a bit and have mingled with plenty of locals. We've never once been told how awful us Ohioans are.

But has anybody said "Bless your heart"...

Living in Florida for awhile now I have to say Pennsylvanians are the best, except for the insufferable Steelers fans...they are the worst. I don't follow the NFL, but I know everything about the Steelers because Steelers fans are like Gluten Free Vegan Crossfitters. Folks from Ohio are generally better than folks from Michigan, but neither are terrible. I still like the Canadians the best though, sorry...sorry....except for those fuckers from Quebec...they are like the worst Europeans you ever met.

Most of the problems I have with Yankees here is because they are all old...and drive like old people.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But has anybody said "Bless your heart"...

Living in Florida for awhile now I have to say Pennsylvanians are the best, except for the insufferable Steelers fans...they are the worst. I don't follow the NFL, but I know everything about the Steelers because Steelers fans are like Gluten Free Vegan Crossfitters. Folks from Ohio are generally better than folks from Michigan, but neither are terrible. I still like the Canadians the best though, sorry...sorry....except for those fuckers from Quebec...they are like the worst Europeans you ever met.

Most of the problems I have with Yankees here is because they are all old...and drive like old people.
Haha, haven't gotten "bless your heart" yet, but I am privy to what that means. That Steelers analogy is the best laugh I've had in a while, so thank you for that.