• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I never liked Joey Votto

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy Opening Day?

Fuck ‘em.

How y’all been doing otherwise?

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no! Votto kneeled for the anthem. I bet nobody shows up at tonight's game!

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the idea of taking away the National Anthem so they can't protest the flag or anthem. Just remove it from sporting events and be done with it. Bunch of ....

I am perfectly good with working on the cause of equality, all lives matter, eliminating unreasonable police brutality, holding people accountable for their actions, and canceling "Cancel Society". There is right and there is wrong, and if it is wrong, then there needs to be justice.

Is being a racist wrong? Yes. Don't do it.
Is killing wrong? Yes. Don't do it.
Is it wrong to lie and cheat? Yes. Don't do it.
Is it wrong to infringe on someone else's rights just because you do not agree with them? Yes. Don't do it.
Is it wrong to kill babies before they are born? Yes. Don't do it.
Is it wrong to hurt or destroy someone's business because you do not agree with them politics? Yes. Don't do it.

If it is wrong, don't do it. If people can stop being so ignorant then we can get back to the subject at hand. Solving inequality. Right now there is inequality between the middle class and the poor in these inner cities because of opportunity. We need to invest in those communities, but we need to stop giving hand outs. Predominately those neighborhoods receive the most government assistance, and if they are going to be taught it is okay to let the government pay you for doing nothing, then there is a problem. Stop paying people to have babies and be lazy, reinvest that money into those communities to help folks start their own business from those neighborhoods for those neighborhoods.

Stop pushing college education for everyone, it only puts you in debt too far, especially for most folks in these inner cities. They will never be able to afford that unless it is all given to them. Some that show very high intelligence and appear they can assist society in a higher capacity, we need to identify those individuals and get them into those universities. Otherwise, start pushing trade schools, careers that are a lot of work, but make very good money and seem to be lacking people to work these jobs. Much cheaper education, quicker to work, good livings, more attainable for individuals that feel it is ivy league or bust. There has to be attainable goals for these groups of people, black or white.

But going to a trade school is not sexy, so these entitled little assholes now a days have to whine and bitch and preach PC so as to not have their feelings hurt. Well guess what you whiny little shit, the world is not fair, the world doesn't owe you shit. So if you want something, make something of yourself and go attain it. Start from the bottom, work hard, move your way up the ladder. Never stop learning, make yourself better. Make yourself a moral and righteous person, someone your younger brother or sister can look up to as an example. If you feel insulted or slighted, take the high road and move on because someone else's words do not define who you are as a person on the inside or out.

This is why I can't stand the LEFT. The far right is wrong too. However, I feel I lean towards the values of the right much more than I do the left. Should be a 3rd party called the Common Sense Party. If it is wrong, then damn it, it is wrong. Stop looking at skin color, religious background. This is a melting pot of a country, so the laws need to reflect what will best serve society in general, not cater or pander to a certain group. Lobbyists might be part of the devils army.

Okay. Off my soap box. The end.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks to the cocktail of circumstances, if you don't kneel during the national anthem, then you are a racist d-bag.

our ability to think critically and be objective about things is no longer of any value. follow the crowd or be branded.

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thanks to the cocktail of circumstances, if you don't kneel during the national anthem, then you are a racist d-bag.

our ability to think critically and be objective about things is no longer of any value. follow the crowd or be branded.

I don't 100% agree but I do see what you're talking about.

I've always said get rid of the anthem and just play ball.

I hated waiting through it when I was a kid, a teen, and as an adult.

I don't like when they pray before a sporting event either.

Play. Ball. Period.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue I have with kneeling is the same now as it was when CK started it - the narrative quickly turns to the person(s) kneeling and about who it offends and why you should(n't) stand/kneel. The original "reason" for kneeling is completely lost.

Think about it - we spend 90% of the time talking about why someone should/shouldn't kneel and about 10% about equality. It seems to me that the message is lost - meaning the people who want to raise awareness need to find another avenue. When wanting to educate someone, you don't force them to "learn" it by shoving your view down their throat, you find a way from their angle to make them understand. I feel that the kneeling quickly turned into the former, and what is needed is the latter.

Just my opinion.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never viewed Minnesota as a hot bed for racism. My feeling is that there are cops who are well adjusted, and others who aren't. There are some who can act like decent human beings, and those who won't. Police put themselves in danger every day they clock in and at times it can seem like they work in a war zone. that leads to PTSD, getting shot at, but now being expected not to shoot back. Are they just supposed to let criminals get away if they don't peacefully surrender? At some point the police officers should have been able to get George Floyd into the back of the vehicle. maybe they need a bigger vehicle? I'd like to think the police officer was not intending for him to die. maybe that's just wishful thinking and everyone does need revenge (or justice) ... if he intentionally. did that... man... that's premeditated. if he was just trying to do his job, then it isn't. maybe somewhere in between, then he shouldn't be a police officer, or at least not on the street.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue I have with kneeling is the same now as it was when CK started it - the narrative quickly turns to the person(s) kneeling and about who it offends and why you should(n't) stand/kneel. The original "reason" for kneeling is completely lost.

Think about it - we spend 90% of the time talking about why someone should/shouldn't kneel and about 10% about equality. It seems to me that the message is lost - meaning the people who want to raise awareness need to find another avenue. When wanting to educate someone, you don't force them to "learn" it by shoving your view down their throat, you find a way from their angle to make them understand. I feel that the kneeling quickly turned into the former, and what is needed is the latter.

Just my opinion.

This sentiment is my issue. When we see destruction of property, tear gas, and other unrest on the news there are always people claiming that protests must be peaceful. There must be another way. When someone protests peacefully, we complain that it is offensive. It's not really a protest if it doesn't disrupt the norm.... There are violent, unlawful ways to upset the norm (breaking glass, burning buildings, etc) and there are peaceful ways to upset the norm (kneeling during a national tradition).

What I am tired of is all the sanctimonious bullcrap about disrespecting our veterans. You know what is disrespectful? Telling those that risked life and limb for our freedom and protection that wearing a piece of cloth in front of your face is too much of a sacrifice for you.

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 things that don't hurt anybody
one: kneeling
two: masks

How stupid do you have to be?.......
3 things that hurt
one: batons
two:rubber bullets
three: tear gas

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sentiment is my issue. When we see destruction of property, tear gas, and other unrest on the news there are always people claiming that protests must be peaceful. There must be another way. When someone protests peacefully, we complain that it is offensive. It's not really a protest if it doesn't disrupt the norm.... There are violent, unlawful ways to upset the norm (breaking glass, burning buildings, etc) and there are peaceful ways to upset the norm (kneeling during a national tradition).

What I am tired of is all the sanctimonious bullcrap about disrespecting our veterans. You know what is disrespectful? Telling those that risked life and limb for our freedom and protection that wearing a piece of cloth in front of your face is too much of a sacrifice for you.

Sorry - I can't get behind anything where looting, physical violence, or tearing a city apart is OK. Since this has happened 100's of officers have been injured, 36 people have been killed in the riots, and roughly $8-Billion worth of damages.

That's not looking for change. That's just wanton destruction. Period.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 things that don't hurt anybody
one: kneeling
two: masks

How stupid do you have to be?.......
3 things that hurt
one: batons
two:rubber bullets
three: tear gas

On the mask thing, my wife is a nurse and is 100% against it. As is most of their office. As are a lot of medical people I know. Yes, there are lots reasons why there's been a spike, but a mask is hardly a panacea. That being said, of course we wear them - it's what almost every state at this point requires to be out. I have no issue with that. The people who want to wantonly disregard decent decorum are morons, I agree.

Kneeling - I'll say this - most people just don't want the political crap in sports at all. It's an escape. The majority of the people tuning in just want to get away from all of this crap. These guys make billions a year and can't find another way to make a statement? How about living a little less large and doing more in the inner city. How about making an actual effort to make a change. Kneeling and raising a fist is nothing but posturing by people who want to feel like they're involved, but don't really want to do what it takes to commit to change. If every major player in every sport donated $1M it would literally change the entire world. Let's not even get into the fact that guys like LeBron and Kyrie are making BANK off the very oppression in which they seek to erase with their shoe deals, and others, specifically in China. Either you are against ALL oppression, or you are just a poser. Just my opinion on that, though.

Priorities are just straight outta whack. Kyrie Irving just donated $1.5M to the WNBA players to cover those who don't want to play for social justice reasons, or COVID. Really? How about donating $1.5M to the inner cities so that schools can be built, or so daycares can stay open for single parents who need to work or go to school, or offering to pay for college education/job skill training. This is nothing more than the elite taking care of the elite.

As for the 3 things that hurt - if you deserve them, I'm glad they do. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Last edited:

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the mask thing, my wife is a nurse and is 100% against it. As is most of their office. As are a lot of medical people I know. Yes, there are lots reasons why there's been a spike, but a mask is hardly a panacea. That being said, of course we wear them - it's what almost every state at this point requires to be out. I have no issue with that. The people who want to wantonly disregard decent decorum are morons, I agree.

What is their basic explanation for that.

my feeling about the masks is, they don't protect you if the morons around you with covid won't also wear them.

also, most masks are crap. you have to pay extra for a good mask, and if everyone buys up the good mask, then health pros can't find them or end up paying more for them.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is their basic explanation for that.

my feeling about the masks is, they don't protect you if the morons around you with covid won't also wear them.

also, most masks are crap. you have to pay extra for a good mask, and if everyone buys up the good mask, then health pros can't find them or end up paying more for them.

It factors on several things but the overall issue is that most of the masks are ineffective overall because people don't wear them properly. After that, most people are re-using the same mask over and over rendering it useless. Most masks are supposed to be a 1 use deal, or sterilized after each use. With the amount of masks I see hanging from rear-view mirrors - I think we can agree that this is not happening. If the masks itself is compromised, then wearing it repeatedly does nothing to stop the actual spread of the virus. It may stop the spittle spray, but the actual virus still spreads.

As for the masks themselves, none of them are really foolproof - and I feel this leads to a false sense of security thinking as long as they wear them they won't get it. A few studies have shown that the chance of transmission in passing is very, very low even without a masks. Most spread through long-term contact with an infected person (between 10-20 minutes).

N95 masks are respirators meaning they don't filter OUT - if you have it and breathe - you are still spreading it as if you don't have it. Surgical masks are meant mostly for sterile environments. Both help prevent the spray when talking, coughing, and sneezing - so there is a small amount of help there, that I had mentioned before. Better than nothing. But neither have shown they can actually stop viruses from passing through since the microns are smaller than the filter. What most people are referring to when talking about the "spread" is more about stopping is the actual physical spittle that is sprayed. Again, with that, I agree.

Don't get me started on cloth masks - not only does it not stop the virus, but it still allows the spittle to go through as well. Especially, again, after repeated uses without being sterilized.

With all of that being said - something is better than nothing, and like I said before, most places require it so - just wear one and be happy that we are still allowed to be out. But don't get fooled into thinking if everyone wore masks all the time that it would be a panacea, because it's not.

Last edited:

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry - I can't get behind anything where looting, physical violence, or tearing a city apart is OK. Since this has happened 100's of officers have been injured, 36 people have been killed in the riots, and roughly $8-Billion worth of damages.

That's not looking for change. That's just wanton destruction. Period.

Okay. But then you say that you don't want peaceful protest on Sunday because that is YOUR escape. How is it a protest or how does it call attention to a cause if nobody sees it. It's like a television network scheduling commercials for a one hour block and hoping you'll watch.

I hear what you are saying and you make more reasoned counterpoints to much of this stuff than those that just blabber about flags and morals. I think we just look at it a little differently.

I'll see you at the Dayton Mall.

Wear a mask.... I'm not catching COVID during our rumble.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay. But then you say that you don't want peaceful protest on Sunday because that is YOUR escape. How is it a protest or how does it call attention to a cause if nobody sees it. It's like a television network scheduling commercials for a one hour block and hoping you'll watch.

I hear what you are saying and you make more reasoned counterpoints to much of this stuff than those that just blabber about flags and morals. I think we just look at it a little differently.

I'll see you at the Dayton Mall.

Wear a mask.... I'm not catching COVID during our rumble.

Well, it's not just my escape - when CK started this the NFL ratings plunged, and it took through last year to start to rebound. That tells you that the message is not being received well.

I don't know what the answer is - and I don't completely disagree with your point - I guess, just for all the posturing we see from athletes, if everyone who actually took a knee donated 10% of their salary to an inner city area to build a school, fund a daycare, support secondary education for single parents, etc... we could be a lot further along than continuing to talk about whether they should be taking a knee, or not. Again, we see lots of guys willing to take a knee or even make a donation here or there, but very, very few actually want to be in this long-term and that's the problem. They think they've done their job to raise awareness, make the token offering and then let it be someone else's problem. To me, that is a bigger issue. Everyone talks about change, no one wants to actually put in the work.

I'm all for marches, and protesting. You can do this peacefully. MLK did it, and we still talk about it today. Rosa Parks did it, and we still talk about it today. It lead to massive change as part of the Civil Rights movement. The issue, IMO, we are seeing is that people think their right to protest means they have a right to violence. You create violence, and quite frankly, you deserve the outcome you get.

And I think another thing that is missing, and this doesn't go for just this issue, is you can disagree with someone and still treat them like humans and be friends, have a beer together. Seems like today's views from people is either you are 100% in agreement with me, or you hate me. There's no middle ground, and no ability to be friends with someone who simply has a different viewpoint. We talk about America being this great melting pot, and yet we see so many people trying to stamp that out by saying "You're either with us, or you have to be removed". Makes no sense to me.

Dayton mall it is. I'll bring my mask and when I'm done, Imma sneeze on ya like a toddler - you know, open mouth all watery....LOL

BurrowDeep2Chase

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anthem Police = People making sure I was singing in church

If you are policing the anthem, then you are also not doing what you are supposed to be doing during the anthem.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anthem Police = People making sure I was singing in church

If you are policing the anthem, then you are also not doing what you are supposed to be doing during the anthem.

It's pretty blatant when someone is kneeling - especially as they cut to all the players kneeling during the anthem on TV. Strawman argument to say someone is not paying attention because they notice the kneeling.

Also, whether you sing in church, or not, you can worship your God anyway you want. The end result of the action is the same for the singer and non-singer: worship. The end result of kneeling and standing is not the same. This is a poor comparison.

BurrowDeep2Chase

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's pretty blatant when someone is kneeling - especially as they cut to all the players kneeling during the anthem on TV. Strawman argument to say someone is not paying attention because they notice the kneeling.

Also, whether you sing in church, or not, you can worship your God anyway you want. The end result of the action is the same for the singer and non-singer: worship. The end result of kneeling and standing is not the same. This is a poor comparison.
Ok Anthem Police