• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I love WWE booking

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At tapings. 3 way dance was announced

Then Black gets injured and needs surgery.

Now they said they found black unconscious after the show.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At tapings. 3 way dance was announced

Then Black gets injured and needs surgery.

Now they said they found black unconscious after the show.

The absolute best part of the Black clip they posted on Twitter is Undisputed Era driving away in a car while listening to their own theme song

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WWE puts out some pretty bad product these days.

Their in-ring stuff can be very good as they have a lot of time and effort to work out the details. I don't at all like their repetitive moves and ridiculous in-ring set ups though. But this has always been a pro-wrestling issue, it is just emphasized more now because of the lack numbers due to the WWE dominance.

My issue is more with the character development and mic work.

Whether it is the WWE or the individual wrestler's choice, the lack of discernible characters is pathetically boring. Everyone is or wants to pretend they are an alpha male badass wearing black. No matter how much they push the likes of Roman and Seth as unbeatable supermen, the fact remains that they just come off as unbelievable and rather boring. Everyone wants to be a cool version of Steve Austin.

The mic work is so contrived that the vast majority just come off as bad actors instead of being at all interesting. They might as well put a teleprompter in front of them during their massively long 10 minute promos.

Some guys like Dolph Ziggler, Kevin Owens, Chris Jericho,and Daniel Bryan are good characters whose personalities shine through. Shinesuke Nakumura has been allowed to do his thing which is good at times but a bit too weird at other times imo. The New Day, for example, has good character development (Not my cup of tea but the kid friendly angle is at least). Bray Wyatt has a good character but isn't even an upper card guy anymore. There are others but too many boring, repetitive characters as opposed to good ones.

Many of the best characters are at the end of their careers. Kane, Matt Hardy, Jeff Hardy, Jericho, Goldust, etc but when they are gone the product will be even more sterile than it currently is.

They have done a pretty good job with the women but it is hard to compare it to past eras since the women have never had this kind of push before with the exception of Chyna. In the few times I watch WWE I admitably skip past the women's stuff though.

The product continues to get worse. Soon they might have trouble pandering to the 10 year olds and then what?

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thing is realism.

Why does it have to be a big production?

Instead of just saying that Alistar Black got injured during a live event in Reno( correct me if I am wrong) on .. and won't be able to compete in the title match at takeover????

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WWE will sell to Disney within 3-5 years. Guaranteed.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thing is realism.

Why does it have to be a big production?

Instead of just saying that Alistar Black got injured during a live event in Reno( correct me if I am wrong) on .. and won't be able to compete in the title match at takeover????
I have no idea why you watch wrestling then???

I'm guessing here but the attack angle was probably done to set up a feud when Black comes back with whomever did it. That's really booking 101 and done all the time.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, booking really hurts the product, shame too because they have abundant talent but they can't book a show consistently anymore to save their lives.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, booking really hurts the product, shame too because they have abundant talent but they can't book a show consistently anymore to save their lives.
You know they = Vince right?

He's still head of creative and the booker for RAW and Smackdown. Not by coincidence the shows HHH is head of creative and booker for (NXT & 205 Live) are much better. Unfortunately Vince is unwilling to take a step back, so this won't change for awhile.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox just gave WWE over $1 billion for the rights to Smackdown, like the way Vince books his product or not it's successful. And at the end of the day that's all that really matters. Hell their stock is currently sitting at $79.36 when last year on this exact date it was sitting at $20.81.

I know the internet(not anyone here in particular) likes to think that WWE sucks at what they do but that's all in their head, in actuality they are damn good at what they do and how they present their product.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox just gave WWE over $1 billion for the rights to Smackdown, like the way Vince books his product or not it's successful. And at the end of the day that's all that really matters. Hell their stock is currently sitting at $79.36 when last year on this exact date it was sitting at $20.81.

I know the internet(not anyone here in particular) likes to think that WWE sucks at what they do but that's all in their head, in actuality they are damn good at what they do and how they present their product.
Agree but that doesn't mean WWE doesn't have some weaknesses. Creative and building new stars for example but as long as they're raking in cash hand over foot there is little reason to address their few weaknesses.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I lost all faith in WWE booking mostly after they ruined Bray Wyatt. Besides Super Cena, and continuingly trying to push Roman Reigns like they did Cena, they really ruined Bray Wyatt. Dude was red hot and had a great character until they buried him...…..to Cena..

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It took Cena going part time to have him stop burying people. Now it's Roman and Rollins beating up 2 to 4 guys all by themselves every time. It is stupid and why I can't watch it.

Everything is so contrived. I would love to see guys doing free lance promos or hit the ring without having to have light show and music every time. Bringing a little random chaos back instead of 15 minute talk fests and guys kicking out of 15 finishers in a row is really weak sauce.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It took Cena going part time to have him stop burying people. Now it's Roman and Rollins beating up 2 to 4 guys all by themselves every time. It is stupid and why I can't watch it.

Everything is so contrived. I would love to see guys doing free lance promos or hit the ring without having to have light show and music every time. Bringing a little random chaos back instead of 15 minute talk fests and guys kicking out of 15 finishers in a row is really weak sauce.

I can't remember the last time there was a shocking heel or face turn. I remember back in the Attitude Era and early 2000's where there were numerous RAW's that ended with a heel/face turn to end the show. Granted the Attitude Era may have had a little too much chaos and too many turns, but chaotic moments are great some times, and how refreshing if they actually made surprise turns.

I know for financial reasons Vince never turned Cena, but for entertainment purposes and booking purposes, Cena should have turned heel 6 years ago. When he was full time a Cena turn would be just as big as Hogan being the 3rd member of the Outsiders.

Now, with Roman being Cena 2.0, a heel turn would be nice, but WWE will never do it.