• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I keep hearing about the Saints pass rush

Bracus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Tied for 19th/20th in sacks on the season and had 0 last week. I can't believe people and the media are basing their picks off of that one pre-season game lmao.

EKmane

Mr. Wit The $h!t
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tied for 19th/20th in sacks on the season and had 0 last week. I can't believe people and the media are basing their picks off of that one pre-season game lmao.

I think it's based more on the pressure they create. It can force a qb into bad decision making, especially if the line isn't on top of their game. They bring exotic blitz's from different angles, with different positions than most are used to seeing. One down they can come with just the down linemen, next they could come with the down linemen and the ss, next they could bring those guys, plus a cb. It can get confusing to a young, unprepared o-line.

I think the media is underestimating how prepared we'll be, based on the ton of sacks we've given up this season. Also I think the picks are based on the Saints offense being basically unstoppable this season.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think it's based more on the pressure they create. It can force a qb into bad decision making, especially if the line isn't on top of their game. They bring exotic blitz's from different angles, with different positions than most are used to seeing. One down they can come with just the down linemen, next they could come with the down linemen and the ss, next they could bring those guys, plus a cb. It can get confusing to a young, unprepared o-line.

I think the media is underestimating how prepared we'll be, based on the ton of sacks we've given up this season. Also I think the picks are based on the Saints offense being basically unstoppable this season.

This! Well said, EK...

N.O. mixes and disguises their blitzes very effectively which has the effect of also disguising their underneath coverage’s. Smith and our receivers will need to be in lock-step on their reads and reactions.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

yes, even if they don't sacks, blitzing brings pressure and a little confusion. wouldn't describe our line as "young, unprepared", as they've now completed two seasons minimum.

also agree after going thru the Ravens, Cards, and Steelers, we should be much better prepared now. we should be able to reduce miscommunication on pass protect.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
This! Well said, EK...

N.O. mixes and disguises their blitzes very effectively which has the effect of also disguising their underneath coverage’s. Smith and our receivers will need to be in lock-step on their reads and reactions.

This is where the Saints overzealousness in blitzing in the preseason could kill them and why the bye week was so critical.

The Saints tipped their cards to us in preseason in killing us with their blitzes so you know the coaching staff and offensive line has prepared as much as possible to be able to pick up whatever the Saints throw at us.

Not saying we don't give up a sack or two but I'll be extremely disappointed in the offensive line if they can't keep Smith clean for most of the game. There is no excuse for them not to stone wall the Saints in the trenches.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Plus Alex is the third best QB against the blitz this year. Behind Brady and Rodgers.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and our offensive line is one of the worst in pass protection. it's the biggest weakness of our offense

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
and our offensive line is one of the worst in pass protection. it's the biggest weakness of our offense

yes, it might be, but you're talking like its one player? the line alone is five guys and pass protect involves more than linemen.

its not like we'll call a lot of passing plays ala the Saints? even when we do pass, the majority of our passes don't require 7 step drops? we need this line to run block first and foremost, this will back off their blitzing.

if the communication is good - and it should be better now - we'll be fine. we won't be explosive but will get to the red zone enough times.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus Alex is the third best QB against the blitz this year. Behind Brady and Rodgers.

I would argue against that statistic, because it doesn't include how many sacks he took instead of throwing a risky pass that would have lowered his passer rating against the blitz. Alex Smith was sacked 44 times this year, the most in the league, and it seemed like most of those came as the result of blitzers overloading the protection scheme.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, it might be, but you're talking like its one player? the line alone is five guys and pass protect involves more than linemen.

its not like we'll call a lot of passing plays ala the Saints? even when we do pass, the majority of our passes don't require 7 step drops? we need this line to run block first and foremost, this will back off their blitzing.

if the communication is good - and it should be better now - we'll be fine. we won't be explosive but will get to the red zone enough times.

the offensive line sucks and they have major problems against teams that can confuse them. the saints are that type of pass rush. the saints come at u with multiple guys and our line has shown it cannot pick up those blocks.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would argue against that statistic, because it doesn't include how many sacks he took instead of throwing a risky pass that would have lowered his passer rating against the blitz. Alex Smith was sacked 44 times this year, the most in the league, and it seemed like most of those came as the result of blitzers overloading the protection scheme.

so u would rather smith throw a risky pass? i'm hoping we are ready for the saints overloading one side with audibles because they will be coming.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
the offensive line sucks and they have major problems against teams that can confuse them. the saints are that type of pass rush. the saints come at u with multiple guys and our line has shown it cannot pick up those blocks.

sports and being a sports fan is mostly about fun, about enjoyment. reading your posts the last week or so, you're one big downer aren't you?

anyways, hope this is limited to just this game cause..........can't help but wonder?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sports and being a sports fan is mostly about fun, about enjoyment. reading your posts the last week or so, you're one big downer aren't you?

anyways, hope this is limited to just this game cause..........can't help but wonder?

i'm a realist and i'm worried about how our line is gonna hold up.