• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

i have been thinking about

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reinstating the politics thread . its been almost a month since its been gone

now here are the conditions , NO NAME CALLING OR CALLING PEOPLE RACIST

politics in this thread only will be discussed NOWHERE ELSE

i will delete or moderate any posts doing that and you have to agree my position is final period

incumbent with that i cant moderate or delete any posts that disagree with my own POV

if it falls apart again it will be gone for good ( there would be a grace period )

now i want only comments from people who use or would use it .

i know lots of users miss the thread and i hope this time with it gone will re-calibrate the behavior

this is an attempt to give some of the posters a chance to come to the forum and socialize

i will make my choice after some input in a few days

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you able to reload the previous version or will this be a brand new PT? I ask because there were a bunch of questions that would be allowed now that were not responded to in the previous version.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What hell kind of drugs are you taking??? They can't be street drugs, nothing on the street would make you lose your mind on the first try. So your takingt too many6 prescribed anti-depressents because the Redskins sucked this year?? Watching the Cowboys and Eagles win in the playoffs was just too much??

Take the rest of the bottle and do yourself a favor.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you able to reload the previous version or will this be a brand new PT? I ask because there were a bunch of questions that would be allowed now that were not responded to in the previous version.
reload i think

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What hell kind of drugs are you taking??? They can't be street drugs, nothing on the street would make you lose your mind on the first try. So your takingt too many6 prescribed anti-depressents because the Redskins sucked this year?? Watching the Cowboys and Eagles win in the playoffs was just too much??

i take it thats a no :D

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not sure if this was a misplaced response to someone in another thread or not. @BigKen did you intend for this response to be placed here?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your call.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought about this for awhile since reading this thread. In a way it is no skin off my ass either way because I don't read much of what is written and if I did read it I kidded with you guys about solving the worlds in 999 pages or less.

This is a football forum, not a political forum. It seems to me there is a political forum if you want to use it. is the reason to have one on the Redskin forum to have a couple of handful of guys having their own personal playground instead of using the forum that is designated?

I am also going to give my point of view about the forum in general and in a larger sense in our country in general. Clearly people do not see eye to eye on politics, race etc … and then there is football. But in however many pages the forum had what was solved? How did you help the country? How did that forum make anything better? What I did see on here and in life in general is people taking different positions and standing on a bully pulpit arguing about who was right and who was wrong. In what little I read it was like changing channels from CNN to Fox News and back over and over and over and over.

So my question is "what is the point?" What good is accomplished? Maybe it is the old hippie in me but why don't we do something to make ourselves and the country better instead of standing on our pulpit and just telling others how we feel and how we think others should feel. :noidea: See what happens when you go to work for a nonprofit for 4 years, you want everyone to sit around, hold hands and sing Kum By Yah and if anyone sings it wrong we tell them they are wrong and punch them in the nose. :D

End of my rant, I am here for the football …. or lack of it. :pound:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought about this for awhile since reading this thread. In a way it is no skin off my ass either way because I don't read much of what is written and if I did read it I kidded with you guys about solving the worlds in 999 pages or less.

This is a football forum, not a political forum. It seems to me there is a political forum if you want to use it. is the reason to have one on the Redskin forum to have a couple of handful of guys having their own personal playground instead of using the forum that is designated?

I am also going to give my point of view about the forum in general and in a larger sense in our country in general. Clearly people do not see eye to eye on politics, race etc … and then there is football. But in however many pages the forum had what was solved? How did you help the country? How did that forum make anything better? What I did see on here and in life in general is people taking different positions and standing on a bully pulpit arguing about who was right and who was wrong. In what little I read it was like changing channels from CNN to Fox News and back over and over and over and over.

So my question is "what is the point?" What good is accomplished? Maybe it is the old hippie in me but why don't we do something to make ourselves and the country better instead of standing on our pulpit and just telling others how we feel and how we think others should feel. :noidea: See what happens when you go to work for a nonprofit for 4 years, you want everyone to sit around, hold hands and sing Kum By Yah and if anyone sings it wrong we tell them they are wrong and punch them in the nose. :D

End of my rant, I am here for the football …. or lack of it. :pound:

How did we make the country better? Perhaps, we convinced somebody, or at least enlightened them. Perhaps, we showed them reason in the other viewpoint.

There was 999 pages of politics because we lump all of them into one thread. Imagine how many pages we would have if we lumped all Redskins football together, and there is much less going on in football.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After consultation with my legal team of Putit-Inna-Hole and taking the time to truly consider this move and I believe that it serves us all to have a place where there's the constant crossover between legal/political and football. To completely limit our threads to football without the political/legal would mean an elimination of topics relating to such controversies as the name change, a new stadium, what player X, coach, GM or owner did off the field, player Y and the same posted on his social media account, or player Z et.al said in an interview or press conference. Maybe in an earlier, simpler time there might have been a complete separation, but that is no longer the case.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While this might be a football forum, there was a vote taken and clearly a majority wanted the additional space where off field topics can be discussed among fans of this team. To his great credit @dad valued the opinions here and everything from the masthead, to what goes or doesn't, have included input from our membership.

It is a time honored tradition for folks in this country to air out their grievances in the town square, in the age of social media this is how that same thing is accomplished. Resolution then, as it remains today, was not the purpose for these forums, instead, as stated, the most convenient place to air out issues. Yes there's a "Politics Forum" but to insist upon using that is akin to saying, talk about politics all you want, just don't do so among family.

Having different points of view effects no one? Well, that not possible if for no other reason than a realization that one perspective is not universally shared throughout the country. We all become better when we share our thoughts and opinions with others, maybe better versions of who we already are, but better nonetheless. Debate is healthy, even when contentious it's healthy, or are we going to pretend to not see ourselves debating, sometimes in heated fashion, on bully pulpits, arguing about who was/is right or wrong in the allowed football threads?

Some here have argued, based upon these things that there's really no point in political debate, how is this different than football debates? Well, the obvious answer is, debate no matter the topic is still...debate. Eliminating one by necessity creates a pathway to eliminate them all. We are better than this, and as such, must always remain on guard against the destructive nature of those who would vote "NO!" against the noisy, contentious, hostile, soul shaking, challenging and uplifting nature of a democratic society.

Last edited:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While this might be a football forum, there was a vote taken and clearly a majority wanted the additional space where off field topics can be discussed among fans of this team. To his great credit @dad valued the opinions here and everything from the masthead, to what goes or doesn't, have included input from our membership.

It is a time honored tradition for folks in this country to air out their grievances in the town square, in the age of social media this is how that same thing is accomplished. Resolution then, as it remains today, was not the purpose for these forums, instead, as stated, the most convenient place to air out issues. Yes there's a "Politics Forum" but to insist upon using that is akin to saying, talk about politics all you want, just don't do so among family.

Having different points of view effects no one? Well, that not possible if for no other reason than a realization that one perspective is not universally shared throughout the country. We all become better when we share our thoughts and opinions with others, maybe better versions of who we already are, but better nonetheless. Debate is healthy, even when contentious it's healthy, or are we going to pretend to not see ourselves debating, sometimes in heated fashion, on bully pulpits, arguing about who was/is right or wrong in the allowed football threads?

Some here have argued, based upon these things that there's really no point in political debate, how is this different than football debates? Well, the obvious answer is, debate no matter the topic is still...debate. Eliminating one by necessity creates a pathway to eliminate them all. We are better than this, and as such, must always remain on guard against the destructive nature of those who would vote "NO!" against the noisy, contentious, hostile, soul shaking, challenging and uplifting nature of a democratic society.

I am quite aware of how social media works and why I participate in it less and less. No interest in having someone tell me how or what to see. There in lies the rub. It isn't so much debate as it becomes "right and wrong." Again the board can do what it wants but maybe some of you political debate people should note the frequency of folks on the board as compared to before the board. I would say it has gone much the same way as the stadium or maybe it hasn't changed at all. The 10 folks or so who like the political debate/arguing want it.

As far as changing one persons here for the good. I do not believe I have seen that. Have fun boys. I said my piece and I am out.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hate towards Snyder and bruce is 80 percent political

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How did we make the country better? Perhaps, we convinced somebody, or at least enlightened them. Perhaps, we showed them reason in the other viewpoint.

There was 999 pages of politics because we lump all of them into one thread. Imagine how many pages we would have if we lumped all Redskins football together, and there is much less going on in football.
Or perhaps we were enlightened a bit? I know there were a couple of posts on here that opened my eyes. Of course there was also a fair share of race baiting, demeaning comments, and close mindedness also, but I just walk away from those comments and posters. Honestly, Dad, we should be able to moderate ourselves. Unfortunately, many can't. Isn't that symbolic of what is seriously wrong with our society right now?

Anyway, I'm for bringing it back and seeing if we can all be adults and realize, that at the end of the day, we all want the same thing for this country.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or perhaps we were enlightened a bit? I know there were a couple of posts on here that opened my eyes. Of course there was also a fair share of race baiting, demeaning comments, and close mindedness also, but I just walk away from those comments and posters. Honestly, Dad, we should be able to moderate ourselves. Unfortunately, many can't. Isn't that symbolic of what is seriously wrong with our society right now?

Anyway, I'm for bringing it back and seeing if we can all be adults and realize, that at the end of the day, we all want the same thing for this country.

Of course there was race baiting, demeaning comments, and closed mindedness; however, there was also an exchange of ideas and opinions with an array of facts.

Intelligent discourse is what is best for this country. Sitting silent and not exchanging ideas out of fear of offending somebody doesn’t help anybody grow.

People always talk about how good diversity is. I would agree that diverse opinions is a good thing because that is how we learn. I would argue diversity based upon anything other than opinion and thought is insignificant because none of those other things matter because “we are all created equal.”

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am mulling it over . Still have one different issue to put to bed and that is looking good so let me think on it some more

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am quite aware of how social media works and why I participate in it less and less. No interest in having someone tell me how or what to see. There in lies the rub. It isn't so much debate as it becomes "right and wrong." Again the board can do what it wants but maybe some of you political debate people should note the frequency of folks on the board as compared to before the board. I would say it has gone much the same way as the stadium or maybe it hasn't changed at all. The 10 folks or so who like the political debate/arguing want it.

As far as changing one persons here for the good. I do not believe I have seen that. Have fun boys. I said my piece and I am out.

Frankly, this forum is about as far as I chose to go with respect to social media participation. I am a bit curious about the mindset that leads you to believe that you or anyone else is being told "how or what to see." As I understand it "debate" whether used as a verb or noun is the (oftentimes) healthy exchange of opposing POV's or arguments in a formal setting. It is nonsensical and oftentimes hypocritical to attempt to separate "right or wrong" from a forum where in every other thread that very thing happens regularly. How often have you personally, attempted to best me with some sort of opposing response to 99% of my posts? Were you attempting to prove yourself "right" and me "wrong?" ( yeah, I know that's laughable:D) but you get the point.

With respect to the frequency that folks on the board now vs then or there only being possibly 10 or so posters who participate in the political thread, let me ask, do you personally feel compelled to respond or participate in the give and take of any thread? If not, why is it so different for you to just ignore the political thread or join in incrementally as you've done in the past?

I understand that there are folks who for whatever reason find it distasteful to speak to or talk politics and I fully support their right to take that position. In fairness, again I ask, because it is a choice to participate or not, what harm comes from having the forum, beyond a contrived discomfort stance? (breaking the guidelines excepted)

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly, this forum is about as far as I chose to go with respect to social media participation. I am a bit curious about the mindset that leads you to believe that you or anyone else is being told "how or what to see." As I understand it "debate" whether used as a verb or noun is the (oftentimes) healthy exchange of opposing POV's or arguments in a formal setting. It is nonsensical and oftentimes hypocritical to attempt to separate "right or wrong" from a forum where in every other thread that very thing happens regularly. How often have you personally, attempted to best me with some sort of opposing response to 99% of my posts? Were you attempting to prove yourself "right" and me "wrong?" ( yeah, I know that's laughable:D) but you get the point.

With respect to the frequency that folks on the board now vs then or there only being possibly 10 or so posters who participate in the political thread, let me ask, do you personally feel compelled to respond or participate in the give and take of any thread? If not, why is it so different for you to just ignore the political thread or join in incrementally as you've done in the past?

I understand that there are folks who for whatever reason find it distasteful to speak to or talk politics and I fully support their right to take that position. In fairness, again I ask, because it is a choice to participate or not, what harm comes from having the forum, beyond a contrived discomfort stance? (breaking the guidelines excepted)

Sty the things I said were in generalities. I gave you my best Arlo Guthrie/John Lennon speech. In the end much like the Smack Talk thread I can choose not to participate. The political thread would be no different.

My only suggestion would be that we add a Caps thread, Nats thread, a boxing thread, DC United thread even if Rooney got a little drunk, a motorcycle thread, fishing thread and a rock and roll trivia thread since all those things interest me. If we are going to create threads outside of the Redskins I would like all my interests added also. :D Just saying, if we are going to have government for some of the people we should have it for all. :noidea::pound:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sty the things I said were in generalities. I gave you my best Arlo Guthrie/John Lennon speech. In the end much like the Smack Talk thread I can choose not to participate. The political thread would be no different.

My only suggestion would be that we add a Caps thread, Nats thread, a boxing thread, DC United thread even if Rooney got a little drunk, a motorcycle thread, fishing thread and a rock and roll trivia thread since all those things interest me. If we are going to create threads outside of the Redskins I would like all my interests added also. :D Just saying, if we are going to have government for some of the people we should have it for all. :noidea::pound:

Rather odd reasoning, but fine, let's do it! Ask the mod to put a Caps thread, Nats thread, a boxing thread, DC United thread even if Rooney got a little drunk, a motorcycle thread, fishing thread and a rock and roll trivia thread it to a vote just as he did with the politics thread. I personally would favor a fishing thread, because I'm not aware of one in existence.