• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I hate to say this but.......

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
........I'm coming to grips that the entire season will be cancelled. Right now it's just a gut feeling, but there are signs that 'business as usual' in America will not be arriving for some time, possibly extending into summer. The NBA is already coming up with plans that would START the 2020-2021 in December. The NFL, with the exception of the way they will go about the upcoming draft, so far have resisted making any firm alterations, but there are discussions taking place that would push back the start of the season and they might consider a shortened schedule.

I hope I'm wrong on all this, that I'm just being a major drama queen. But I'm growing more suspicious by the day that we will not have a 2020 MLB season at all.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very, very little chance, IMO. Memorial day weekend or around there is my bet. I think they'll go late into the year to get a good chunk of baseball in as well.

You look at places that had this outbreak before we did. Wuhan, China is where this originated and the past two days they've had a combined 2 diagnosis. This is also an area that waited until things were terrible to quarantine. It will plateau/decline. This isn't the black plague. Especially with how cautious the country is being. I think in a month you'll really see tangible progress to hang your hat on.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very, very little chance, IMO. Memorial day weekend or around there is my bet. I think they'll go late into the year to get a good chunk of baseball in as well.

You look at places that had this outbreak before we did. Wuhan, China is where this originated and the past two days they've had a combined 2 diagnosis. This is also an area that waited until things were terrible to quarantine. It will plateau/decline. This isn't the black plague. Especially with how cautious the country is being. I think in a month you'll really see tangible progress to hang your hat on.
Like I said, I hope I'm wrong and am just being a whiny little bitch about this. Normally, I'm a glass half full kind of fan. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, I hope I'm wrong and am just being a whiny little bitch about this. Normally, I'm a glass half full kind of fan. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Think about it like this.

Even if this goes into summer, they could still get a normal half season and playoffs in by starting in early July. I think saying that lockdowns will continue into July is a stretch.

We have a waaayyyyyssss to go before the league would be forced to think about cancelling all together. If it came down to it - I think they would even be willing to push back the season a month and begin in August with a half season/playoffs. Maybe with a modified playoff system.

I could see where they go back to one wild card team and have the LDS best of 3, LCS best of 5 and World Series at the usual 7. If they had to in order to fit it in before consistent winter weather sets in for cities like Chicago, Minnesota, Boston, NYC, etc.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll tell you this - the economy can't sustain a 6 months break from employees working and having meetings. At some point people will have to go back to work and that figures to be a point when new infections are still happening. It's beginning to look like the todays hotspots will cool down - when Florida and Texas start to heat up and on and on.

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are too many games in the MLB season, anyway. They could do with half as many, or maybe even fewer.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are too many games in the MLB season, anyway. They could do with half as many, or maybe even fewer.
i think i'd say that about football, but certainly not baseball. every game is statistical change and that's what being a fan is most about. not as a player so much, but as a fan. when i became a fan baseball was a 154 game sport. wasn't crazy about the 162 schedule but i got used to it.
this is an interesting read. https://www.quora.com/Why-are-there-so-many-games-in-an-NBA-or-MLB-season

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would bet June or July. But who knows.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were supposed to have baseball in 3 days guys.

:pout:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were supposed to have baseball in 3 days guys.

:pout:
If it's any consolation, for what would have been Opening Day, the forecast is for rain and temps in the 40's.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as I'm concerned this destroys the rhythm of live as I've been able to enjoy it.

Jiddy

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as I'm concerned this destroys the rhythm of live as I've been able to enjoy it.

Ugh...It just keeps getting worse too...No Olympics. I get so freaking hype for them. A summer of sports epicness. But no...Now we get nothing. And they were in Japan too. The games themselves are epic...but opening ceremony in Japan? Japan is so weird. I had glorious visions of like a thousand people dressed up as Pikachu doing acrobatic flips in the air with fireworks shooting out of their asses. We get none of that now.

This virus sucks so bad.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh...It just keeps getting worse too...No Olympics. I get so freaking hype for them. A summer of sports epicness. But no...Now we get nothing. And they were in Japan too. The games themselves are epic...but opening ceremony in Japan? Japan is so weird. I had glorious visions of like a thousand people dressed up as Pikachu doing acrobatic flips in the air with fireworks shooting out of their asses. We get none of that now.

This virus sucks so bad.
buy a nintendo ... or whatever they're using these days. play your own seasons etc.