• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I hate to say it and its been beat to death but....

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team walks away with the division this year if we kept Cousins.

Perhaps but far from likely. For starters - as alluded to above - Cousins also could likely have been injured w/ this year's team even w/ his stellar injury track record. Beyond that - I just feel that even if Cousins was more productive that this D would find a way to fuck things up. The offense has had issues but in recent games I put a lot more of the burden on the D - especially since they are relatively injury free.

Above all of this you just can't beat yourself up over what could have been - it is in the past. We just have to hope & pray that they realize that something has to give w/ their current FO and coaching staff even if it means it will take a few years to get it right. Wishful thinking I realize. Oh well - hockey season is in full swing. Go Caps.

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps but far from likely. For starters - as alluded to above - Cousins also could likely have been injured w/ this year's team even w/ his stellar injury track record. Beyond that - I just feel that even if Cousins was more productive that this D would find a way to fuck things up. The offense has had issues but in recent games I put a lot more of the burden on the D - especially since they are relatively injury free.

Above all of this you just can't beat yourself up over what could have been - it is in the past. We just have to hope & pray that they realize that something has to give w/ their current FO and coaching staff even if it means it will take a few years to get it right. Wishful thinking I realize. Oh well - hockey season is in full swing. Go Caps.

I agree its in the past but I truly think he would have willed this team to a divsion win.

Our QB play even with Smith has been atrocious.
Now we are fucked going forward. This team better pick a QB with their 1st pick

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The OL is better this season than last and he made it.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

did we forget last season ? there was just as many injuries then this year and he made it . in fact he hasnt missed a game in his career due to injury

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team walks away with the division this year if we kept Cousins.

With Cousins, without Cousins, With Lombardi, without Lombardi, with this or without that, there's a very bad vibe that comes with this franchise. It's an aura tied directly to mediocrity oftentimes worse.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree its in the past but I truly think he would have willed this team to a divsion win.

Our QB play even with Smith has been atrocious.
Now we are fucked going forward. This team better pick a QB with their 1st pick

I think he would have hit the ground running and while he would have needed to develop chemistry with the new WR, he would not have been trying to do that while also adjusting to the playbook and play calling. We might not have walked away with the division, but I also dont think this team would be seriously looking 6-10 in the face. And yes I think its quite possible they dont win another game.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he would have hit the ground running and while he would have needed to develop chemistry with the new WR, he would not have been trying to do that while also adjusting to the playbook and play calling. We might not have walked away with the division, but I also dont think this team would be seriously looking 6-10 in the face. And yes I think its quite possible they dont win another game.
Possible?? I think its quite probable. AP will not last the remainder of the season as we will be running him like a rented mule. What choice do we have? Once he is gone, we got nothing.

This franchise in the last 20 years is where guys go to see their careers die. And that tradition holds true for AS and AP.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
an extremely good bet

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
an extremely good bet

No...but it is a good bet.

This is our team guys, something unfortunate would have happened even if Kirk was still here. Now while I don't disagree with either of you that it would have been a good bet, extreme or otherwise, the best possible bet is that some other disaster would have engulfed our team.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is our team guys, something unfortunate would have happened even if Kirk was still here. Now while I don't disagree with either of you that it would have been a good bet, extreme or otherwise, the best possible bet is that some other disaster would have engulfed our team.
Not buying

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well look at the facts, two years running, one with Kirk the other without, and in both instances disaster.
And this year's disaster started before it ever got started. Go figure!

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cousins puts up numbers and performs. But jsut to play devils advocate. Cousins is like 4-22 against winning teams, thats not a small sample size. He beats up badly on bad competition. Not so good against the better ones.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cousins puts up numbers and performs. But jsut to play devils advocate. Cousins is like 4-22 against winning teams, thats not a small sample size. He beats up badly on bad competition. Not so good against the better ones.

He could cure cancer if he wanted too