• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I hate to break the news

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Nationals make it to the World Series, which looks like a forgone conclusion, the Mariners are the only team standing in Major League Baseball that has not been to a World Series.... :playball:

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
m's front office will triple the bobblehead nights for griffey, edgar, felix, ichiro, etc.

and quadruple the random t-shirt giveaways commemorating 1995 and 2001.

because those are what are really important.

and "fans" will gobble it up and be happy.

same as it ever was.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
m's front office will triple the bobblehead nights for griffey, edgar, felix, ichiro, etc.

and quadruple the random t-shirt giveaways commemorating 1995 and 2001.

because those are what are really important.

and "fans" will gobble it up and be happy.

same as it ever was.

Funny, but most likely the truth ...

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The longest current playoff drought and now the ONLY mlb team to never reach the world series.I

Definition of half-assed

1slang, often vulgar : lacking significance, adequacy, or completeness, Seattle Mariners like
2slang, often vulgar : lacking intelligence, character, or effectiveness

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What an embarrassment and a bad joke to baseball fans in Seattle and the Pacific Northwest. :L

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh look. Joe Maddon joins the Angels to be their manager. The West will be competitive between the A's, Astros and Angels... maybe the Rangers if they can work their way up.

You know what that means? Forever Cellar M's!!

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh look. Joe Maddon joins the Angels to be their manager. The West will be competitive between the A's, Astros and Angels... maybe the Rangers if they can work their way up.

You know what that means? Forever Cellar M's!!

M’s are so stupid to keep hiring rookie managers over and over and over ... I’m ok giving a rookie manager a shot sometimes, just not every dam time, ownership is only doing it to save money ... You gotta get a proven MLB winning manager sometimes, I don’t think that’s unfair for fans to expect, sometimes ...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Nationals make it to the World Series, which looks like a forgone conclusion, the Mariners are the only team standing in Major League Baseball that has not been to a World Series.... :playball:

The Lions of MLB.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions of MLB.

As Cloud correctly stated above, the M's are, and will be, the eternal cellar dwellers. Ownership won't give a damn until it starts hitting them in their collective wallets. Seattle used to be a really nice city thanks to ultra progressive city leadership, but it's turning into a first class shit hole along with Portland, San Fran and Los Angels. Pretty soon Seattle is gonna get renamed "Amazonville". :pound:

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
M’s are so stupid to keep hiring rookie managers over and over and over ... I’m ok giving a rookie manager a shot sometimes, just not every dam time, ownership is only doing it to save money ... You gotta get a proven MLB winning manager sometimes, I don’t think that’s unfair for fans to expect, sometimes ...

Here's the difference between an organization that wants to win vs. an organization that is a perennial loser.

- The Angels fired Ausmus after year 1 of a 3 year contract - Went 72-90
- The Mariners have yet to get any good results out of Servais and he's been shown over and over again to make questionable calls in-game. Rewarded him a new contract after winning 89 games in 2018. Overall record 321-327 (.495).

-The Angels fired Ausmus knowing Maddon would be available and worked to bring him in.
-The M's are too afraid to hurt Servais' feelings. Boohoo.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the difference between an organization that wants to win vs. an organization that is a perennial loser.

- The Angels fired Ausmus after year 1 of a 3 year contract - Went 72-90
- The Mariners have yet to get any good results out of Servais and he's been shown over and over again to make questionable calls in-game. Rewarded him a new contract after winning 89 games in 2018. Overall record 321-327 (.495).

-The Angels fired Ausmus knowing Maddon would be available and worked to bring him in.
-The M's are too afraid to hurt Servais' feelings. Boohoo.

I think its more along the lines of they want a Yes Man. That is what Servais is and the opposite of what Maddon is. We know Dipoto is the one pulling alot of the strings and after what happened with Sciosica in LA, there wont be a different kind of manager here until he's gone

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its more along the lines of they want a Yes Man. That is what Servais is and the opposite of what Maddon is. We know Dipoto is the one pulling alot of the strings and after what happened with Sciosica in LA, there wont be a different kind of manager here until he's gone

I agree, we are stuck with Servais as long as Dipoto is on the payroll. I agree, I have no doubt that Jerry brought Servais onboard because he is that yes man. Dipoto is a control freak and would never have a manager who had a mind of his own. But, in my opinion, it all goes back to ownership. They must be able to see that Servais is NOT an MLB manager, yet they let Dipoto "do his thing" with his staff - my feeling is Dipoto needs to be "micro managed" which would never happen with this ownership group. Stanton is supposedly a baseball guy but he sure hasn't shown it. Oh well, so it goes...just a very disappointing franchise. On a side note, I chuckle thinking what things would be like if Lou was the manager under Dipoto. :pound:

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is 100% true.
All they've hired since Lou is a YES man.
All they've hired since Gillick is a YES man.

It's no coincidence that this organization enjoyed success under the two people that don't take any BS from anybody.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is 100% true.
All they've hired since Lou is a YES man.
All they've hired since Gillick is a YES man.

It's no coincidence that this organization enjoyed success under the two people that don't take any BS from anybody.

Right, these guys can say they want to win but I question that they actually crave it and will do what it takes.

Regarding DipServ, they get two more years and we just have to be patient through it. 2021 is the self imposed deadline (Dipotos words, not mine) so we hold them to it and if we arent in the playoffs in 2021 be done with it. This is how he wants to build it so if he fails a 2nd time, dont let there be a 3rd time. Be an actual franchise and hold people accountable for once.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the confidence from our two young potential superstars...

upload_2019-10-17_16-30-17.png

upload_2019-10-17_16-31-24.png

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry. We're in year 20 of a 30 year rebuild plan. So for you people under 70 with the current life expectancy #'s you should leave this world on a good note.

FML. I remember when the Astros were coming over. I was like "yeah, a bottom feeder we can beat up on". WTF is with this organization? How does a franchise consistently just completely screw the pooch? Absolutely nothing from the draft year after year? Big deals go sour, ... You'd think we could just get lucky and throw together a team that would at least get us into a wild card game. The A's are the read-headed stepchild of bay area sports and they always smoke us. They don't even pretend to try.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FML. I remember when the Astros were coming over. I was like "yeah, a bottom feeder we can beat up on". WTF is with this organization? How does a franchise consistently just completely screw the pooch? Absolutely nothing from the draft year after year? Big deals go sour, ... You'd think we could just get lucky and throw together a team that would at least get us into a wild card game. The A's are the read-headed stepchild of bay area sports and they always smoke us. They don't even pretend to try.

I'd argue the Astros success was ultimately the best thing for the Mariners. Once they became great there was no way this franchise could justify fake competing with them anymore. It took probably a year longer then it should of but it ultimately got them on the right path. If it were just the A's they were competing with then they could justify going halfway every year and hope to get lucky