• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I had a nightmare.

PhilSimms11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Roethlisberger and Joe Flacco were the only QBs on my fantasy roster. Big Ben did have 33 TD passes last year and had 2+ in 12 out of 15 games. He's not exactly a fantasy relic just yet, but I don't know about 2021. Joe Flacco...yeah, he's not worthy of a fantasy spot obviously.

I don't know who else was on my roster.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben Roethlisberger and Joe Flacco were the only QBs on my fantasy roster. Big Ben did have 33 TD passes last year and had 2+ in 12 out of 15 games. He's not exactly a fantasy relic just yet, but I don't know about 2021. Joe Flacco...yeah, he's not worthy of a fantasy spot obviously.

I don't know who else was on my roster.

Good news is that nightmare problem would be easy to fix in real life!

Cut Flacco and then you just have 1 lousy QB.

Easy!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For fantasy purposes Roethlisberger has always been sorta fools-gold. And at this stage in his career he's more of a compliment to the offense than a dependent, if you catch my drift. But he's definitely worthy of a backup roster position & even streamable. The Steelers O-line should be better off this season, and Najee Harris should lighten the load so that should help immensely. But if Ben is going to play hero-ball and throw for 40+ attempts per game then the offense is likely going to be doomed down the stretch.

FWIW I'm not nearly as worried about Ben as the national media would have you believe. His ypa wasn't a result of his arm, but rather an inept offense. His O-line couldn't give him more than 3 seconds of breathing room, and his receivers led the league in drops. Couple that with a bottom 2 rushing attack; it was a matter of time before the offense imploded. If anything Ben was the only reason that 2020 offense had a pulse when he was in the MVP discussion through November.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For fantasy purposes Roethlisberger has always been sorta fools-gold. And at this stage in his career he's more of a compliment to the offense than a dependent, if you catch my drift. But he's definitely worthy of a backup roster position & even streamable. The Steelers O-line should be better off this season, and Najee Harris should lighten the load so that should help immensely. But if Ben is going to play hero-ball and throw for 40+ attempts per game then the offense is likely going to be doomed down the stretch.

FWIW I'm not nearly as worried about Ben as the national media would have you believe. His ypa wasn't a result of his arm, but rather an inept offense. His O-line couldn't give him more than 3 seconds of breathing room, and his receivers led the league in drops. Couple that with a bottom 2 rushing attack; it was a matter of time before the offense imploded. If anything Ben was the only reason that 2020 offense had a pulse when he was in the MVP discussion through November.
mostly agree with your premise. But his arm did die the ball floated, he coudlnt drive it, no zip lets past week 11/12.

which at his age, after that surgery, is not surprising. I was more surprised he had the arm he did early in the year. Things just get tired. Assuming no additional injury there. His arm should be fine, and that fatigue factor gone.

that being said the o line, drops, and the o coordinator were abysmal and even with his arm, could of been worlds better.

just a festering of multiple issues, the least being his arm.

How is your ankle bud?

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mostly agree with your premise. But his arm did die the ball floated, he coudlnt drive it, no zip lets past week 11/12.

which at his age, after that surgery, is not surprising. I was more surprised he had the arm he did early in the year. Things just get tired. Assuming no additional injury there. His arm should be fine, and that fatigue factor gone.

that being said the o line, drops, and the o coordinator were abysmal and even with his arm, could of been worlds better.

just a festering of multiple issues, the least being his arm.

How is your ankle bud?
Fatigue was definitely a factor down the stretch. I said it before the year began, if they are planning on allowing him to throw 40+ times per game on a repaired elbow then fatigue or disaster will strike. Not a matter of if but when.

Also don't forget that there were reports that Ben has hampered by a knee injury that he sustained at some point... You could tell when he wasn't planting his feet very well during his delivery.

I'm not expecting 2014-2017 Ben. At his age he is rarely going to be that guy again. It's possible we see flashes of vintage Ben like we saw last season, but the days of him putting up 500yds and carrying the team are behind him. I wouldn't doubt 1-2 400yd games though. I do expect him to be better about the deep ball though so long as the offense is drastically better.

Ankle is solid bro! Thanks for asking. Gyms opened up last month so I've been slowly getting my ass back in shape

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben looked like he hit that wall last season. I would be surprised if he finishes the season.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fatigue was definitely a factor down the stretch. I said it before the year began, if they are planning on allowing him to throw 40+ times per game on a repaired elbow then fatigue or disaster will strike. Not a matter of if but when.

Also don't forget that there were reports that Ben has hampered by a knee injury that he sustained at some point... You could tell when he wasn't planting his feet very well during his delivery.

I'm not expecting 2014-2017 Ben. At his age he is rarely going to be that guy again. It's possible we see flashes of vintage Ben like we saw last season, but the days of him putting up 500yds and carrying the team are behind him. I wouldn't doubt 1-2 400yd games though. I do expect him to be better about the deep ball though so long as the offense is drastically better.

Ankle is solid bro! Thanks for asking. Gyms opened up last month so I've been slowly getting my ass back in shape
yep agree, throwing 40+ times will not work. Also agree that it will not be an if, but a when But I think its gonna be a ton of najee touches, regardless of if they produce anything.

I forgot about the knee injury too. Never heard a ton more though. Ill have to go watch some tapes and see how bad his plants were . Good look.

Nah were not gonna get that guy. I hope your're right on the passing. I dont' care about the 4/500 yard games. Be the crafty veteran, play smart, read the defense at high level, get the ball in your playmakers hands. That's all I ask

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was gonna just plug in an Alice Cooper song, but this cracked me up.
Plus I think we may all be referencing this thread at some point this season. :sleep:

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well at least it wasnt this guy :suds:

Colts QB Carson Wentz suffered a foot injury Thursday that will keep him out indefinitely.​

Wentz is undergoing further testing on his foot, which he injured at the end of Thursday's practice. Second-year QB Jacob Eason took over with the first team offense Friday, with Sam Ellinger working as his backup. The Athletic's Zak Keefer reported that Wentz felt a "twinge" in his foot, but the severity of the injury is still unknown. It's possible the Colts look to add a veteran quarterback in the coming days