• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I gotta say something that needs to be said

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck You Dave Meltzer.

There are girls who think that the only way to look is like a barbie doll. Don't be to big or you won't be attractive. It is because of Scum like you that they believe that.

I'm a big guy, 6'1 3/4 and 289. I love myself because of that.

My small rant is brought to you by the following:

Peyton Royce Speaks Out On Body Positivity, Charlotte Chimes In - Wrestlezone

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck You Dave Meltzer.

There are girls who think that the only way to look is like a barbie doll. Don't be to big or you won't be attractive. It is because of Scum like you that they believe that.

I'm a big guy, 6'1 3/4 and 289. I love myself because of that.

My small rant is brought to you by the following:

Peyton Royce Speaks Out On Body Positivity, Charlotte Chimes In - Wrestlezone
Have you listened to his comments though? He wasn't talking about her weight. He was talking about her boob job. Don't get me wrong, Metzler is everything that is wrong with the wrestling industry, but he is getting unnecessary flak for this.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you listened to his comments though? He wasn't talking about her weight. He was talking about her boob job. Don't get me wrong, Metzler is everything that is wrong with the wrestling industry, but he is getting unnecessary flak for this.

Eh, he's still talking about her looks. That's not really appropriate to talk about it the way he was doing. Throw that in with some other comments he's made and the guy is definitely in the stone age.

Plus, I don't understand why people pay for his shit anyway. Squared Circle on reddit has a guy that posts old Meltzer newsletters and most of the time, all his rumors and speculation are wrong. He gets some stuff right, sure, but plenty of others do as well. I don't really get the cult following he has.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Eh, he's still talking about her looks. That's not really appropriate to talk about it the way he was doing. Throw that in with some other comments he's made and the guy is definitely in the stone age.

Neither take is 2018 PC but I'm more sympathetic to someone stating a preference for a goregeous woman's appearence without surgical enhancements as opposed to saying the same gorgeous woman needs to lose weight.
One discoruages women from getting unnecessary surgery, the other encourages eating disorders.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh.

Dave Meltzer telling wrestling promoters how to book a show is the equivalent to Jim Rome trying to tell Drew Brees how to play quarterback.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither take is 2018 PC but I'm more sympathetic to someone stating a preference for a goregeous woman's appearence without surgical enhancements as opposed to saying the same gorgeous woman needs to lose weight.
One discoruages women from getting unnecessary surgery, the other encourages eating disorders.

That'd be fair if they were just having a conversation on what type of women they like but that wasn't what was going on. He was talking about reasons he doesn't think the IIconics are working well on the main roster and he mentioned Peyton's appearance. He just tossed that in there as he's naming off wrestling ability, mic work etc. That's the issue and that's why he deserved to get called out because a women's looks (whether its her weight, whether she wants implants or not, etc) has nothing to do with her actual in ring ability.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That'd be fair if they were just having a conversation on what type of women they like but that wasn't what was going on. He was talking about reasons he doesn't think the IIconics are working well on the main roster and he mentioned Peyton's appearance. He just tossed that in there as he's naming off wrestling ability, mic work etc. That's the issue and that's why he deserved to get called out because a women's looks (whether its her weight, whether she wants implants or not, etc) has nothing to do with her actual in ring ability.

He did apologize and I tend to agree the comment wasn't in the best taste. Your point's fair but I do think fat shaming and stating a preference for a natural look are still different even in this context. Meltzer shouldn't have made either comment, but I consider one un-PC and the other contributing to a major problem that extends beyond wrestling.

The key phrase you used about the surgery was "she wants." If she wanted the surgery then that's her right and it shouldn't be judged. I just hope it isn't rooted in societal pressure or career advancement because the idea that someone as attractive as Royce would feel she had to "enhace" anything about the way she looked is insane to me.