• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I gotta say it..Fuck Penn St

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and turned over to the head of university police.
Not 10 years earlier. But he did the last time after he waited a nice long weekend. Stand up guy...

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not 10 years earlier. But he did the last time after he waited a nice long weekend. Stand up guy...

Heard second hand report. Report from that person turned over to the head of University police.

Are you saying Paterno himself witnessed something else and didn't report it? Because that isn't what he testified to.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard second hand report. Report from that person turned over to the head of University police.

Are you saying Paterno himself witnessed something else and didn't report it? Because that isn't what he testified to.
Do you really want to go there?

Just so no one ever forgets what really happened . . . and yes I save this so whenever someone tries to change history, I can remind everyone that most of us were not fooled.

It's really this simple. Forget Freeh and his conclusions. Forget the apologists. Just follow the evidence:

2/10/01 - MM reports something disturbing to JVP. Won't argue about what was said exactly, but JVP testified before the GJ that it was something of a "sexual nature". He also testified that this is what he told Curley.
2/11/01 - Paterno informs Curley of meeting with MM, waited a day so as not to ruin everyone's weekend.
2/12/01 - Curley, Schultz and Spanier meet and formulate a plan - part one of the plan was to review the 1998 incident; then, Curley was to advise JVP that TMC was going to meet with JS on Friday (the 16th). If JS did not confess, they were going to inform DPW.

<interjection - at this point, they had not spoken to MM. Why would they think that a lack of confession would necessitate that they inform DPW if JVP had not told them that something sexual had taken place?>

Some time after this (Schultz' estimate is 7-10 days, so it is between 2/19 and 2/22/01, Curley and Schultz meet with McQueary.

2/25/01 Plan is to tell DPW, the chair of 2nd mile and tell JS not to bring any children to Lasch

<interjection - this was AFTER they met with MM - the plan had not changed, so whatever MM told JVP who told TMC was consistent with what MM told TMC/Schultz>

2/26/01 email from Schultz to Curley confirms plan from handwritten notes on the 25th

2/26/01 Curley has discussion with JVP about the plan <base on Curley's email after that meeting it is unreasonable to conclude that they discussed anything else>

2/27/01 Curley emails Schultz and says "After giving it more thought and talking it over with Joe yesterday, I am uncomfortable with what we agreed were the next steps; I am having trouble with going to everyone, but the person involved." Without quoting the rest, Curley wants to talk to Sandusky. Schultz says this is ok, actually expressing his admiration for Curley's willingness to do this and that it was the "humane" thing to do. Spanier agreed and states that 'The only downside for us is if the message isn't "heard" and acted upon and and we then become vulnerable for not having reported it."

Some have argued that MM was unclear in what he told JVP. Whatever he told JVP which was then conveyed to Curley, it was clear enough that if JS didn't confess when confronted they were going to call DPW before they ever spoke to MM.

If Schultz and Curley were never told it was sexual by JVP, why would they plan on reporting the incident to DPW? Report what?

If Schultz and Curley were never told it was sexual by MM, why would they continue to plan on reporting the incident to DPW? Report what?

Schultz testified 10 years later at his preliminary hearing that he believed it had been reported to DPW. If they did not hear that anything sexual had taken place, what did he believe was reported?

I took these notes straight from the preliminary hearing transcript and the evidence exhibits in the Freeh report, not from its conclusions.

Based on this reading of the evidence, it is clear the 5 of them knew something reportable had happened that night. It is also clear that at least 4 of them decided not to report it even though they knew they should and there would be a problem if not reporting ever came to light. To argue otherwise is simply to ignore the plain facts.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are referring to the last r*pe. I was talking king about his deposition in court where he admitted to knowing 10 years earlier.
As far as the last r*pe he cared so little he waited til after the holiday weekend and never asked again. Dirtbag

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really want to go there?

Just so no one ever forgets what really happened . . . and yes I save this so whenever someone tries to change history, I can remind everyone that most of us were not fooled.

It's really this simple. Forget Freeh and his conclusions. Forget the apologists. Just follow the evidence:

2/10/01 - MM reports something disturbing to JVP. Won't argue about what was said exactly, but JVP testified before the GJ that it was something of a "sexual nature". He also testified that this is what he told Curley.
2/11/01 - Paterno informs Curley of meeting with MM, waited a day so as not to ruin everyone's weekend.
2/12/01 - Curley, Schultz and Spanier meet and formulate a plan - part one of the plan was to review the 1998 incident; then, Curley was to advise JVP that TMC was going to meet with JS on Friday (the 16th). If JS did not confess, they were going to inform DPW.

<interjection - at this point, they had not spoken to MM. Why would they think that a lack of confession would necessitate that they inform DPW if JVP had not told them that something sexual had taken place?>

Some time after this (Schultz' estimate is 7-10 days, so it is between 2/19 and 2/22/01, Curley and Schultz meet with McQueary.

2/25/01 Plan is to tell DPW, the chair of 2nd mile and tell JS not to bring any children to Lasch

<interjection - this was AFTER they met with MM - the plan had not changed, so whatever MM told JVP who told TMC was consistent with what MM told TMC/Schultz>

2/26/01 email from Schultz to Curley confirms plan from handwritten notes on the 25th

2/26/01 Curley has discussion with JVP about the plan <base on Curley's email after that meeting it is unreasonable to conclude that they discussed anything else>

2/27/01 Curley emails Schultz and says "After giving it more thought and talking it over with Joe yesterday, I am uncomfortable with what we agreed were the next steps; I am having trouble with going to everyone, but the person involved." Without quoting the rest, Curley wants to talk to Sandusky. Schultz says this is ok, actually expressing his admiration for Curley's willingness to do this and that it was the "humane" thing to do. Spanier agreed and states that 'The only downside for us is if the message isn't "heard" and acted upon and and we then become vulnerable for not having reported it."

Some have argued that MM was unclear in what he told JVP. Whatever he told JVP which was then conveyed to Curley, it was clear enough that if JS didn't confess when confronted they were going to call DPW before they ever spoke to MM.

If Schultz and Curley were never told it was sexual by JVP, why would they plan on reporting the incident to DPW? Report what?

If Schultz and Curley were never told it was sexual by MM, why would they continue to plan on reporting the incident to DPW? Report what?

Schultz testified 10 years later at his preliminary hearing that he believed it had been reported to DPW. If they did not hear that anything sexual had taken place, what did he believe was reported?

I took these notes straight from the preliminary hearing transcript and the evidence exhibits in the Freeh report, not from its conclusions.

Based on this reading of the evidence, it is clear the 5 of them knew something reportable had happened that night. It is also clear that at least 4 of them decided not to report it even though they knew they should and there would be a problem if not reporting ever came to light. To argue otherwise is simply to ignore the plain facts.

So after Paterno informs the head of University Police, what legal authority does he have to pursue? Should he have gone back to school for criminal justice and joined the police force to be able to interview witnesses and possibly make arrests?

His crime was waiting a day.

After reporting he has EXACTLY ZERO to do with the actions that followed. He didn't witness, so his story is second hand and useless unless it conflicted with what MM told them.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are referring to the last r*pe. I was talking king about his deposition in court where he admitted to knowing 10 years earlier.
As far as the last r*pe he cared so little he waited til after the holiday weekend and never asked again. Dirtbag

admitted to knowing what?

What legal authority does Joe Paterno hold? The man was a football coach, not an FBI agent. Sandusky wasn't on his staff or directly affiliated with the program.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
admitted to knowing what?

What legal authority does Joe Paterno hold? The man was a football coach, not an FBI agent. Sandusky wasn't on his staff or directly affiliated with the program.
r*pe apologist. Always an excuse. But poor Joe he is the victim...

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... Yeah gif

Mangler

Dis-member
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather them schedule Pitt than even some of the shittier in-conference teams. Pitt puts up a better fight than Maryland.
those were always hard fought games between two teams that didn't like each other...Great rivalry..

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So after Paterno informs the head of University Police, what legal authority does he have to pursue? Should he have gone back to school for criminal justice and joined the police force to be able to interview witnesses and possibly make arrests?

His crime was waiting a day.

After reporting he has EXACTLY ZERO to do with the actions that followed. He didn't witness, so his story is second hand and useless unless it conflicted with what MM told them.
Except for that conversation that completely changed the plan, you would be correct.

Again... They were going to report it, the Curley talked to Joe, and decided to change course. Had he stayed out of it several kids might not have been abused.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
r*pe apologist. Always an excuse. But poor Joe he is the victim...
Tell me how a non-LEO investigates an account he heard from somebody else.

Sandusky is the ràpist... not Joe.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me how a non-LEO investigates an account he heard from somebody else.

Sandusky is the ràpist... not Joe.
Didn't say he ass supposed to investigate. But he sure should not have say in his hands when he was told nor kept Sandusky employeed when he was told over a decade before it came out.

Dusty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe Penn State won. No beat down for tonight.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't say he ass supposed to investigate. But he sure should not have say in his hands when he was told nor kept Sandusky employeed when he was told over a decade before it came out.

so he was supposed to fire a guy that wasn't convicted of anything?

nice to have the benefit of hindsight...