• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Found Something Dumber than the Marcus Peters Trade

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the years on either side of it. More interceptions. Less touchdowns. Even had less rushing yards. The whole thing was a disaster. He did have more comebacks though, because they couldn't score consistently in the air.

Losing a #1 hurts an offense, some more than others. I didn't think that was news.:noidea:
Its not news.

I guess my main argument is that they need to challenge Bortles. Certainly they could've signed Nick Foles last year as a backup. Maybe there is a Nick Foles out there this year that they should be looking at.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Played poorly.

His WR's stink.

His TE is overrated.

His coaching was awful.

OL regressed.

Subject to revision. Was not a banner year for Mariota in any sense.
I felt he was the worst QB in the NFL.

There are legit excuses, but Brett Hundley was his only competition. Imo.

Peterman Reality excluded.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not news.

I guess my main argument is that they need to challenge Bortles. Certainly they could've signed Nick Foles last year as a backup. Maybe there is a Nick Foles out there this year that they should be looking at.
Sure, but upgrading the quarterback room overall and throwing away your best quarterback, instead of keeping him on a reasonable contract, are opposite moves.

This move was good. Their move to add more talent at the position could be a good move too.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but upgrading the quarterback room overall and throwing away your best quarterback, instead of keeping him on a reasonable contract, are opposite moves.

This move was good. Their move to add more talent at the position could be a good move too.

I agree. This move, if nothing else, gives them stability through the next 3 years at the most volatile position. If they played on the FA market they would pay $10M+ more per year for a new QB. If they draft one they are looking at 3 years from now before it all clicks. Instead they get a guy on the cheap (relative to NFL QB's) who knows the system and the team. Is he the best QB? No. Is he a known commodity? Yes. Do they have a team friendly deal for the next 3 years? yes. So now go find your future QB and let him learn from the sidelines.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. This move, if nothing else, gives them stability through the next 3 years at the most volatile position. If they played on the FA market they would pay $10M+ more per year for a new QB. If they draft one they are looking at 3 years from now before it all clicks. Instead they get a guy on the cheap (relative to NFL QB's) who knows the system and the team. Is he the best QB? No. Is he a known commodity? Yes. Do they have a team friendly deal for the next 3 years? yes. So now go find your future QB and let him learn from the sidelines.

Whats up Fordham, long time no see, Cowboys suck

But anyways.....I wish Jacksonville fans actually existed, Id love to get their take, cause if Im a Jags fan, i cant be optimistic with winning a SB with Blake Bortles as my QB, especially knowing I have a SB type roster

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats up Fordham, long time no see, Cowboys suck

But anyways.....I wish Jacksonville fans actually existed, Id love to get their take, cause if Im a Jags fan, i cant be optimistic with winning a SB with Blake Bortles as my QB, especially knowing I have a SB type roster

Sorry, can't hear you talking shit from up there at that well-earned #2 draft spot :suds:

if I'm a Jags fan then I'm putting all my chips in the "Hey if shit-heels like Flacco/Dilfer/Sheli can win with their defense, then so can we".

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, can't hear you talking shit from up there at that well-earned #2 draft spot :suds:

if I'm a Jags fan then I'm putting all my chips in the "Hey if shit-heels like Flacco/Dilfer/Sheli can win with their defense, then so can we".

You forgot to list Eli twice

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, so much for Jacksonville being threats to compete in the AFC.
fig1.gif

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli manning probably signs with jags to end his career?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
L

They're even worse than I thought they'd be
Whats crazy is that they're 17th in DVOA which would suggest that they should be close to a .500 team.

Also, In their last nine games, they were held under 10 points four times and under 20 points seven times. In this era of obscene offense. Everyone saw this coming and they still found a way to be even worse than expected.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats crazy is that they're 17th in DVOA which would suggest that they should be close to a .500 team.

Also, In their last nine games, they were held under 10 points four times and under 20 points seven times. In this era of obscene offense. Everyone saw this coming and they still found a way to be even worse than expected.
I get the strong sense they quit at some point watching that TNF game. Bortles crushes spirits with his inept play.