• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I Found Something Dumber than the Marcus Peters Trade

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they ever say what the Rams have up?

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have to challenge Bortles with someone better than Henne. I feel like the Jaguars are in the same spot that the Jets were in with Mark Sanchez. Super Bowl defense and a threat in the playoffs but not enough QB play to get them to the playoffs on a regular basis.

Difference being that Sanchez was a rookie when the Jets made their initial run...but he never took any steps forward and improved. We are what....4 years into the Bortles experience, so most everybody knows what they have.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, exactly why I think the Jags made a dumb move here....That division lined up perfectly for them last season, and they still only went 10-6.....I think it was a season in the AFC in its entirety that was worse than we may see for a long time......NFL windows are too small, you have to jump on the opportunity to capitalize on a great roster....I know this is a club friendly deal, but Bortles wouldnt be the QB of my team if I have a SB caliber roster
So who would you sign as a FA QB? Or are you in the trade up at any cost camp?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who would you sign as a FA QB? Or are you in the trade up at any cost camp?

The Alex Smith ship has sailed, I thought he was made for that Jags team...A mistake free QB who can occasionally win you a game......If Im the jags, I still have very keen interest in taking a QB in Round one, especially since the early signs are that one/two of these guys can slip down in the first round.....For a roster without a glaring need, Id trade up into the teens if a kid like Darnald or Mayfield slips down in this draft

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Alex Smith ship has sailed, I thought he was made for that Jags team...A mistake free QB who can occasionally win you a game......If Im the jags, I still have very keen interest in taking a QB in Round one, especially since the early signs are that one/two of these guys can slip down in the first round.....For a roster without a glaring need, Id trade up into the teens if a kid like Darnald or Mayfield slips down in this draft
Tyrod Taylor can still be had at below market rates and be a substantial upgrade over Bortles

Mayfield is gonna be the Mahomes of this draft. He's not getting out of the top 10 no matter what you think of him. If I were the Jags, I'd try to move up into the teens for Lamar Jackson at this point. Signing Tyrod wouldn't be a horrible plan B if there is not a QB in the draft they'd like.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyrod Taylor can still be had at below market rates and be a substantial upgrade over Bortles

Mayfield is gonna be the Mahomes of this draft. He's not getting out of the top 10 no matter what you think of him. If I were the Jags, I'd try to move up into the teens for Lamar Jackson at this point. Signing Tyrod wouldn't be a horrible plan B if there is not a QB in the draft they'd like.

Eh, agree to dis-agree that Taylor is an upgrade at all over Bortles....Think that's just a lateral move........I like Mayfield, Im not down on him at all..........But if you believe Peter King, he says the Browns and Giants are both in love with Josh Allen, so it makes me wonder now if the Giants miss on Allen, do they go the Barkley route? If the Giants pass on a QB, it could start a trickle effect where some of these QB's drop down

I dont like Lamar Jackson at all, but a team like the Jags? Thats a team I wouldnt hate taking that risk, cause its not gonna kill them if he busts big

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, agree to dis-agree that Taylor is an upgrade at all over Bortles....Think that's just a lateral move........I like Mayfield, Im not down on him at all..........But if you believe Peter King, he says the Browns and Giants are both in love with Josh Allen, so it makes me wonder now if the Giants miss on Allen, do they go the Barkley route? If the Giants pass on a QB, it could start a trickle effect where some of these QB's drop down

I dont like Lamar Jackson at all, but a team like the Jags? Thats a team I wouldnt hate taking that risk, cause its not gonna kill them if he busts big
Your Giants are committing franchise suicide if they draft Allen, I am telling you man. He's bad, bad news as an NFL prospect.

Agree to disagree on Taylor.

As for the Browns, they probably are telling people they love everyone if they can. It's bad enough leaks are out there they don't like Rosen giving the Giants the ability to trade down if they want to. I have a tough time believing the Allen thing objectively as their QB1. Then again, Hue Jackson loves tall I guess...

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your Giants are committing franchise suicide if they draft Allen, I am telling you man. He's bad, bad news as an NFL prospect.

Agree to disagree on Taylor.

As for the Browns, they probably are telling people they love everyone if they can. It's bad enough leaks are out there they don't like Rosen giving the Giants the ability to trade down if they want to. I have a tough time believing the Allen thing objectively as their QB1. Then again, Hue Jackson loves tall I guess...

Yeah, the thing i hear on Allen, Accuracy is a problem (and thats a BIG problem)....Every other measurable is off the charts, physically and mentally

I think the Giants have to take a QB, but id rather they take Barkley, the biggest lock in this draft, IF and ONLY IF they really dont love a QB if the Browns take the one they like

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the thing i hear on Allen, Accuracy is a problem (and thats a BIG problem)....Every other measurable is off the charts, physically and mentally

I think the Giants have to take a QB, but id rather they take Barkley, the biggest lock in this draft, IF and ONLY IF they really dont love a QB if the Browns take the one they like
Man can't read defenses either and thinks he's Cam Newton trying to break sacks. Allen's claim to fame is he looks the part.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on if the contract is team crippling or not. They did pretty good with him last season, I think they will be fine.

Good pickup.

Bortles is what he is as a QB so one can understand why people would kick dirt on a deal like this one. On the surface this might seem way off the charts bad, but it's not really when you start peeling back the onion.

If Bortles truly does suck this season...according to what is online about that contract...the cost is $16 mil in dead money to get out of it and most likely they can spread the dead money over 2 seasons.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good pickup.

Bortles is what he is as a QB so one can understand why people would kick dirt on a deal like this one. On the surface this might seem way off the charts bad, but it's not really when you start peeling back the onion.

If Bortles truly does suck this season...according to what is online about that contract...the cost is $16 mil in dead money to get out of it and most likely they can spread the dead money over 2 seasons.

My issue is not so much the money (it is club friendly), as much as another wasted season for a roster loaded with SB caliber talent

Cause I will never waver on the fact that Blake Bortles will never be a SB winning QB

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't know if I've ever liked the OFC Taylor has been running in BUF, but imo he is at best a lateral with Bortles.

I don't think either are starters in this league so Mayfield and Lamar Jackson will have to show me...I've heard Josh Allen will either wow'em at the combine with his arm and stay in the top 5...or wow'em at the combine with his inaccuracy and slide into the bottom of the 1st.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if I've ever liked the OFC Taylor has been running in BUF, but imo he is at best a lateral with Bortles.

I don't think either are starters in this league so Mayfield and Lamar Jackson will have to show me...I've heard Josh Allen will either wow'em at the combine with his arm and stay in the top 5...or wow'em at the combine with his inaccuracy and slide into the bottom of the 1st.

Yeah, Taylors' brutal inaccuracy is something you dont just fix IMO......He will make some WOW plays with his athleticism, but agreed, not an upgrade over Bortles

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My issue is not so much the money (it is club friendly), as much as another wasted season for a roster loaded with SB caliber talent

Cause I will never waver on the fact that Blake Bortles will never be a SB winning QB

That could very well be true in term of Bortles, but coming off the season they had I assume they feel they're close enough with Bortles...worst case he's worth $10 mil cap hit this season after this deal. Maybe they were in line for a Keenum but they would've had to buck up more than 3 yrs.

The only true step up in FA was Cousins imo and they couldn't swallow that price tag.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That could very well be true in term of Bortles, but coming off the season they had I assume they feel they're close enough with Bortles...worst case he's worth $10 mil cap hit this season after this deal. Maybe they were in line for a Keenum but they would've had to buck up more than 3 yrs.

The only true step up in FA was Cousins imo and they couldn't swallow that price tag.

Ill be much more ok with it if they invest a 1st round pick in one of these QB's, even if it requires moving up....Blake Bortles really doesnt deserve the QB security of Chad Henne backing him up

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ill be much more ok with it if they invest a 1st round pick in one of these QB's, even if it requires moving up....Blake Bortles really doesnt deserve the QB security of Chad Henne backing him up

My take on this deal. JAX probably realized early on they were not in play with Cousins. Everybody else in FA that was feasible (I.E. they weren't getting Brees) ...50/50 on whether they're improving or not and the cost would've been higher.

I wouldn't look at this any longer term than this season. More than anything...JAX is buying another season (fairly cheaply actually) with Bortles before making a long term decision.

I tend to agree if I were a Jags fan. I'd probably want to see a new face behind him from the draft.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take on this deal. JAX probably realized early on they were not in play with Cousins. Everybody else in FA that was feasible (I.E. they weren't getting Brees) ...50/50 on whether they're improving or not and the cost would've been higher.

I wouldn't look at this any longer term than this season. More than anything...JAX is buying another season (fairly cheaply actually) with Bortles before making a long term decision.

I tend to agree if I were a Jags fan. I'd probably want to see a new face behind him from the draft.

Yeah, that all makes sense, and it makes sense KC didnt wanna trade Alex Smith to Jax (to me the most ideal QB for that team).......So options were slim, cause Im not incredibly high on any of the Vikings QB's, I wont be surprised if the Vikings let all 3 walk and try to do everything possible to go after Cousins