• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I can't stop laughing when this commercial comes on/GMC Truck

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just so funny to me.

I have to take a look at this tailgate. Mutherfuckin awesome, and I'm no chevy/gmc guy.

ThereIsNoPlace

The New Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmm, we seem to have different definitions of "lusting after tailgates"

WUYyixR.gif

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have to take a look at this tailgate. Mutherfuckin awesome, and I'm no chevy/gmc guy.

Overly complicated from what I've seen. I prefer Ram's simple = better approach....full drop down or 60/40 swing option.

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tailgates are a problem if you over work a truck. this tailgate looks cool. great and all for getting groceries out of the back. but after it's dinged up a bit, will it still function as a tailgate.

Bayou Tiger

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tailgates are a problem if you over work a truck. this tailgate looks cool. great and all for getting groceries out of the back. but after it's dinged up a bit, will it still function as a tailgate.

Looks like more hinges to break and squeak. Like someone said earlier...it's a fucking tailgate.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw the first one of these today, driving down the road. GMC with a new tag.

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt that thing would gold up to several hay bales hitting it from atop a stacker wagon. Trucks should be tough, not fancy.

trucks are so high off the ground now, we are getting to a point where it's a climb up into the bed. there is a need for a step of some sort.

it just depends on what a person wants from their truck. almost all trucks these days are very nice inside and can come loaded with everything. some people want a truck option more than a truck. for the twice a year they pick up a couple of sheets of plywood or maybe a bag of cement, but beyond that, the truck is the family car.

Nod4Eight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.26
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trucks are so high off the ground now, we are getting to a point where it's a climb up into the bed. there is a need for a step of some sort.

it just depends on what a person wants from their truck. almost all trucks these days are very nice inside and can come loaded with everything. some people want a truck option more than a truck. for the twice a year they pick up a couple of sheets of plywood or maybe a bag of cement, but beyond that, the truck is the family car.
Yeah, my buddy just bought a 2019 Silverado. Very nice inside and out, don't even know you're in a truck. But you're right, the trucks are being made very high - obviously not intended to be worked out of. Does anyone want to throw bales of hay, or bags of concrete up into a truck that high? Hell no.
People want a truck as a symbol, but they don't need a truck. Like my buddy. He doesn't need a truck. He lives in town. His 4 runner that he just traded in was a great vehicle for camping etc. But he's been wanting a truck for a while. I think I'm rubbing off on him, he's been looking at properties out of town a way, looking at getting a place with a few acres. At that time he may need a truck.

Nod4Eight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.26
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh, and I still have my doubts if that tailgate could hold up to getting beat up by bales of hay.