• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

I am sort of stuck on what to do with Lamar Jackson

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love what he's done for me over this first month, but...

Will there be regression? I have to think that "yes" is the answer. He really bullied two horrible D's in his first couple of games. The last two he has come back to Earth a bit. He punched in a rushing garbage time score vs KC and a long passing garbage time TD vs CLE to push over that 20 point (standard scoring) plateau.

However, on that same token... his rushing just gives him that super stable floor. Allowing him to recover from a multi-INT game or a game where he doesn't rack up much passing yardage.

The schedule isn't daunting outside of a few bumps and in my 6 team playoff format. I think I'll have a bye during his Week 14 meeting vs BUF.

I am very torn because I always lean towards dumping big "hype" QB's into deals for more stability at RB or WR. However, my team is already really good and his "floor" deriving from all of that rushing makes me tempted to say "this is different".

I don't think I have to do it. However, I am going to be trying to deal for another stud RB or stud WR at some point here and I do have Josh Allen waiting in the wings.

Current Roster: 12 team, 0.5 PPR

QB - Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen, Matthew Stafford (I keep hanging onto Stafford because streaming him with Allen instead of a total commitment to Allen seems more comfortable if I dealt Lamar)

RB - David Johnson, M. Mack, A. Jones, J. Mixon, Breida

WR - Tyreek Hill, Julio Jones, Josh Gordon, Phillip Dorsett

TE - Waller, Herndon

D - Titans (mostly stream)

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would you be dealing him for?

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would you be dealing him for?

Trying to work out a deal for a CMac, Cook or Saquon type of elite RB. Lamar and two of those three RB's besides David Johnson for one of those. Then, they include a depth/flex WR or RB? I don't know if they would take that, but it's a starting point for a negotiation.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to work out a deal for a CMac, Cook or Saquon type of elite RB. Lamar and two of those three RB's besides David Johnson for one of those. Then, they include a depth/flex WR or RB? I don't know if they would take that, but it's a starting point for a negotiation.
I would probably do that. Although it would hurt your depth. I would be sure to cuff up after the byes.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confused... you don't know what to do??

If you can get Cmac, by dealing a quarterback and change, you do that.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confused... you don't know what to do??

If you can get Cmac, by dealing a quarterback and change, you do that.

No...

That's just a speculative rough draft of a deal that I doubt would be accepted.

I'm simply curious as to whether or not I should be actively making a conscious effort to move Jackson. Should it be a priority? Generally, I say QB's can be rinsed/washed/recycled/etc.... Jackson's name draws interest right now. He has a fair amount of hype surrounding him. I could capitalize on that. Or it's possible that his consistent floor makes him different from just "most QB's" and that I should hang tight unless a great offer just happens to come to me.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say just continue to ride him.
His schedule started out soft and gets a little tougher defensively.
But if a QB is gonna regress significantly from the year before, we usually see the regression almost immediately in week 1.
I own him too and his rushing yards alone will keep you in games.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No...

That's just a speculative rough draft of a deal that I doubt would be accepted.

I'm simply curious as to whether or not I should be actively making a conscious effort to move Jackson. Should it be a priority? Generally, I say QB's can be rinsed/washed/recycled/etc.... Jackson's name draws interest right now. He has a fair amount of hype surrounding him. I could capitalize on that. Or it's possible that his consistent floor makes him different from just "most QB's" and that I should hang tight unless a great offer just happens to come to me.

You shouldn't trade him unless you can get one of those elite backs like TKO was saying as part of a package. His rushing will keep his floor pretty high so it doesn't matter much if his passing numbers regress. That's gonna keep him as a Top 10 QB. That's his worst case scenario. Best case scenario is he'll win you your league.

If you can do a trade like that, go for it. But I wouldn't be actively shopping him just to move him for whatever I could get

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk if someone would take Mack, Mixon/Jones and Jackson for CMac/Kamara unless they were desperate for depth and needed a QB bad. I would think you would have to give up David Johnson and Lamar for CMac and then still...who knows.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t see many teams saying. You know what I’m so bad that I’m gonna take a 3-1 deal for cmac, one being a qb. I could be wrong. But seems like wishful thinking unless u vastly overpay.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't see someone with a elite RB agreeing to accept that package. Not to say that owners of said elite RBs don't receive similar offers week in and week out.