• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

HurricaneDij's Top 10 Worst Contracts Currently In The NBA

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except that isn’t the actual definition of a bad contract. A bad contract is just that. A player making more $ than they are worth.

And the fact that you listed Kevin Love #1 is completely contradictory to your definition above. Love is not a “pointless player”. He can still produce when on the court.
Produce in a negative way, maybe. The Cavs were the league's worst defense last year. I don't see Chris Paul's contact being worthy of this list given that it's been able to be moved twice since its signature.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Produce in a negative way, maybe. The Cavs were the league's worst defense last year. I don't see Chris Paul's contact being worthy of this list given that it's been able to be moved twice since its signature.
You act like only one player on the court determines a teams’ defense. There are a ton of players that are worse than Love on defense, cmon man. Love has a bad contract, I would be the first to admit that, but it’s not close to the worst.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean lets not get it twisted. Kevin Love is not a good defensive player. He is a big man that cant guard the rim and doesnt move great.

its kind of ironic that the biggest play of his career was shutting down Steph Curry in the Finals on that play where he made him give up the ball and then chuck up a bad 3.

But - point is- Kevin Love is a below average defender. There are a lot of PF's that are below average defenders though.

The Cavs defensive issues come down a lot their perimeter defenders though. Last year Garland was 19 and played 4 college games. SExton was 20 years old. Both are undersized.

AT the 3- the CAvs have been awful defensively too. Cedi Osman is a bad defensive player.

A guy like KEvin Love can be a very effective player if you have the right guys around him.

Kevin Love is one of the best shooters/rebounders that has played in the NBA. His rebounding/3 pt shooting numbers are historically good at different parts in his career. He can also pass the ball. He can post up pretty decently.

He is a below average defensive player---- but i think that his good attributes-- passing, shooting and rebounding- are skills that should hold up pretty well. He is not a high flyer- has never been a high flyer.

in my mind- the biggest pot shots that you can take at Kevin Love's value have to do with his injury history. He doesnt have chronic knee problems are a rebuilt achilees- which are good things-- but he does seem to get these trauma injuries that hold him out.

As they say in the NFL- the best ability is availability. If you cant play- you just arent worth that much. He only played 56 games last year. He only played 21 the year before. He only played 59 the year before. That is a big problem.

His defense is a problem but he brings positive value IF (a big if) - IF- he is healthy.

He missed the first game of the season already this year with a mild calf strain. He may play tomorrow- he may not.

But if and when he does play - and if he can stay healthy- he is still a very interesting guy that could help teams win.

if he is having a relatively decent season- he can give you 18 points, 10 boards, 3 assists, and shoot 37% from 3 without a lot of problem and he can stretch the defense and draw big men out from the basket and open up opportunities for his teammates on the offensive side.

Now that we have Andre Drummond to pair with him, and drafted a guy who can develop into a defensive demon like Okoro, and have some other solid defenders in the front court with him like Nance.....you can put some other good defenders at the 3 and 5.....that will help.

The Cavs major defensive problems are caused by 2 undersized guards that are now 20 and 21 playing PG and SG together and having a very bad defensive 3 in Osman.

Last edited:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The first time he was traded it was for Russ who is at best a neutral contract and they sent a ton of picks with CP3 to get that done.

How the Thunder managed to restore his value to the point that they could get assets for him is truly amazing. Phoenix was desperate to land a veteran point guard.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bias? In a Cane post?

No way.
Biased about what exactly??? Because I have two of my guys at #8 and #9? If I were as biased as you claim they'd be top five. And if I wanted to make any Lakers hatred an issue, Kuzma and KCP would also be on the list...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biased about what exactly??? Because I have two of my guys at #8 and #9? If I were as biased as you claim they'd be top five. And if I wanted to make any Lakers hatred an issue, Kuzma and KCP would also be on the list...

Ask shane he said it.

Why would Kuzma and KCP be on the list? This should be good.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tobias Harris?
Tobias Harris. His contract is horrible and usually is a ghost when needed the most.
If Philly fans hate his contract that much, I'll take him on either the Pacers or the Nuggets. I'd offer the contracts of Myles Turner/Jeremy Lamb/Justin Holiday or those of Gary Harris and Paul Millsap.

Just get to me when you want to deal.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Philly fans hate his contract that much, I'll take him on either the Pacers or the Nuggets. I'd offer the contracts of Myles Turner/Jeremy Lamb/Justin Holiday or those of Gary Harris and Paul Millsap.

lots of teams could use Harris. But at maybe half his salary or so.

fit wise he’s what the Celtics need. But no way to get him now. A sign and trade of Hayward to Philly for Tobias in some form would’ve been fun for many many reasons.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His contract doesn't match his production. Brand only gave him the max cause he was afraid of losing both players from the trade.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His contract doesn't match his production. Brand only gave him the max cause he was afraid of losing both players from the trade.
Is it just me but I think he has trouble off the dribble? He seems like he is only a shooter but a very good one. For his size I would think his game would be so much better and versatile and I think the same about Simmons. There is no reason Simmons should not be shooting past 10 feet. Harris is a guy that seems somewhat consistent but the production doesn’t add up to that contract.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I quit reading when you called Hield a head case

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This surprises no one.
I honestly would like to hear the issues, by all accounts he is a model citizen. I know from his time at OU that his family is top notch.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly would like to hear the issues, by all accounts he is a model citizen. I know from his time at OU that his family is top notch.
I don't know if he is or isn't, but I know if someone played at OU you gonna stan for 'em LOL

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if he is or isn't, but I know if someone played at OU you gonna stan for 'em LOL
Not necessarily, you won’t hear me stick up for Mixon for instance. It’s just that Hield is genuinely a good dude and he always talks about competing and earning whatever he gets. I think we could use more of that.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ehhhh

I dont think much of KCP. He is wildly overpaid if you ask me.

And that is fair, but overpaid doesn’t equate to one of the worst contracts in the league.

I think by default any rotation player making less than $15 million can’t be on that list.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is fair, but overpaid doesn’t equate to one of the worst contracts in the league.

I think by default any rotation player making less than $15 million can’t be on that list.
Agree for the most part, I think they could be mentioned but it would have to be a case where they are always injured and get very limited, unproductive minutes. The fact nothing comes to mind says it all. KCP was a pretty important piece to a championship team, not a great contract but it isn’t bad either imo