• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

HurricaneDij's Top 10 Worst Contracts Currently In The NBA

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other honorable mention is terry rozier. Who 24 hours age probably gets a spot on that list
If he plays like he did last night this year he will be worth it. Don’t think it is that bad

Reactions: DJ

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same as Klay and Dray frankly. And those guys are both better players. Klay not being out there is of course bad luck.
Dray more than Klay imo. Klay and Steph was and is the future. Dray I thought would regress bc that’s just usually what happens with those types of players. Draymond should be on this list imo

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
John Wall i could see. Chris paul actually produces and makes his teammates better.

So does Kevin Love.

Value isn’t about production. It is about production relative to the contract. CP3 makes superstar $ and he is nothing more than a solid starter/locker room leader at this point.

That is nice to have, but it isn’t worth the $45 million he is making.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does Kevin Love.

Value isn’t about production. It is about production relative to the contract. CP3 makes superstar $ and he is nothing more than a solid starter/locker room leader at this point.

I think you undervalue CP3 a bit. That description is more like Rondo or Rose to me.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does Kevin Love.

And with Wiggins you are paying 35 million for a below replacement player. I will admit Wall is the worst, but Wiggins is a solid 2nd. And wall may actually be healthy at somepoint, wiggins is a complete negative.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you undervalue CP3 a bit. That description is more like Rondo or Rose to me.

Those guys aren’t even starters.

There are so many good PGs in the NBA today. CP3 definitely is not in the top 3rd anymore. That makes him a solid starter in my book.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this would be my top 10 list

WORST AT THE TOP.

1. John Wall- 3 years 132 million. He has looked decent in the pre-season and will only be 32 in that third year but that is a crazy amount of money. the last year is a 47 million dollar player option

2. Tobias Harris- 4 years 147 million. I mean wtf. Will be 31 in the last year but this guy is a decent/solid player being paid like one of the best in the league

3. Al Horford 3 years 78 million- will be 36 in his last year

4. Andrew Wiggins- 3 years 93 million......he just doesnt look like that good of a player right now. If he is healthy does he even produce?

5. Gordon Hayward- 4 years 120 million. This will not age well.

6. Kristaps Prozingins - 4 years 130 million. This really could go either way but its a pretty big fucking risk.

7. Eric Gordon- 4 years 76 million....will be 35 in the last year. Thats a bad deal.

8. Kristaps Prozingins - 4 years 130 million. This really could go either way but its a pretty big fucking risk.

9. Harrison Barnes- 3 years 60 million. The Kings are a bad organization.

10. Clint Capela- 3 years 54 million. A center with his profile is just not that valuable. Is he a starter there now with Collins and Gallo? I dont know. Not a fan of the deal.

11. Eric Bledsoe- 3 years 54 million. If he hit the free agent landscape today i dont know if hed get 10 a year.

12. Draymond Green- 4 years , 100 million. He is already in a decline. He is just going to keep losing athleticism. I cant imagine him 2 years from now with 2 years still left.

13. Kevin Love--- 3 years 91....will be 34 in his last year. i wouldnt have him on this list except for his injury issues. His game- rebounding and shooting and passing should age pretty well. His contract actually goes down as time goes on where he will make 29M in his last year.

14. Russell Westbrook- 3 years 132 million.....he is still a good player but where he was a top 10 no doubt guy he is not that anymore and hes not the easiest guy to play with. 2nd highest player in the league.

15 Blake Griffin- 2 years 75 million- i mean its only 2 years and hes still a good player--- but injuries make it bad

Honorable Mentions

Bertans at 5 years 75 has a chance to age very badly
DeAndre Jordan is trash and makes 30 million over the next 3 years but it is only 30 million
the Lakers still have Luol Deng counting against their cap which is kind of funny
James Johnson is still making 16M this year from the Mavs after his trade from the Heat which is just greasy.
Gorgui Dieng is making about 18M this year which is gross
Fred VanVleet might surprise me but i just dont know about 4 years 85 million. Seems kinda crazy.

What about Kemba Walker? that guy seems like he has been hurt a lot lately and his best days are behind him and he makes 3 years 106M. That is not going to age well.

and someone did mention Klay.....4 years 157 for a guy coming off a major knee surgery and a ruptured achilees which is the worst injury an NBA player can have is definitely something that comes with some major risk and downside. The upside is def. still there to a certain extent (though his best days are behind him). This is a potential franchise crippler if he comes back and gets hurt again.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also

did you guys see Fultz got a nice extension?

4 years 62 million for him now.

that might be a really good deal if he comes around or it could look pretty bad too.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WORST AT THE TOP.

1. John Wall- 3 years 132 million. He has looked decent in the pre-season and will only be 32 in that third year but that is a crazy amount of money. the last year is a 47 million dollar player option

2. Tobias Harris- 4 years 147 million. I mean wtf. Will be 31 in the last year but this guy is a decent/solid player being paid like one of the best in the league

4. Andrew Wiggins- 3 years 93 million......he just doesnt look like that good of a player right now. If he is healthy does he even produce?

6. Kristaps Prozingins - 4 years 130 million. This really could go either way but its a pretty big fucking risk.

7. Eric Gordon- 4 years 76 million....will be 35 in the last year. Thats a bad deal.

8. Kristaps Prozingins - 4 years 130 million. This really could go either way but its a pretty big fucking risk.

10. Clint Capela- 3 years 54 million. A center with his profile is just not that valuable. Is he a starter there now with Collins and Gallo? I dont know. Not a fan of the deal.

11. Eric Bledsoe- 3 years 54 million. If he hit the free agent landscape today i dont know if hed get 10 a year.

12. Draymond Green- 4 years , 100 million. He is already in a decline. He is just going to keep losing athleticism. I cant imagine him 2 years from now with 2 years still left.

13. Kevin Love--- 3 years 91....will be 34 in his last year. i wouldnt have him on this list except for his injury issues. His game- rebounding and shooting and passing should age pretty well. His contract actually goes down as time goes on where he will make 29M in his last year.

14. Russell Westbrook- 3 years 132 million.....he is still a good player but where he was a top 10 no doubt guy he is not that anymore and hes not the easiest guy to play with. 2nd highest player in the league.

15 Blake Griffin- 2 years 75 million- i mean its only 2 years and hes still a good player--- but injuries make it bad

Honorable Mentions

DeAndre Jordan is trash and makes 30 million over the next 3 years but it is only 30 million
the Lakers still have Luol Deng counting against their cap which is kind of funny
James Johnson is still making 16M this year from the Mavs after his trade from the Heat which is just greasy.
Fred VanVleet might surprise me but i just dont know about 4 years 85 million. Seems kinda crazy.

What about Kemba Walker? that guy seems like he has been hurt a lot lately and his best days are behind him and he makes 3 years 106M. That is not going to age well.

and someone did mention Klay.....4 years 157 for a guy coming off a major knee surgery and a ruptured achilees which is the worst injury an NBA player can have is definitely something that comes with some major risk and downside. The upside is def. still there to a certain extent (though his best days are behind him). This is a potential franchise crippler if he comes back and gets hurt again.

not a bad list, although zinger isn’t so bad it needs to be ok there twice lol

and I mentioned klay. He’s just as big of a risk as zinger at this point.

I think horford could pull the Chris paul reeemption tour this year. And I believe his 4th year is only lightly guaranteed. So his may not be too bad a year from now.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WORST AT THE TOP.

Honorable Mentions

I mean, most of these guys are quality players that several teams would like to have. A "bad contract" to me mostly by definition are pointless players hardly worth one's time, and my point was to emphasize those guys in particular.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, most of these guys are quality players that several teams would like to have. A "bad contract" to me mostly by definition are pointless players hardly worth one's time, and my point was to emphasize those guys in particular.

Except that isn’t the actual definition of a bad contract. A bad contract is just that. A player making more $ than they are worth.

And the fact that you listed Kevin Love #1 is completely contradictory to your definition above. Love is not a “pointless player”. He can still produce when on the court.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly my thoughts. Top 10 worst contract, sure near the bottom but I see a lot of contracts on that list that really aren’t bad just a lot of bias in that list, for sure

Bias? In a Cane post?

No way.

Last edited:

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WORST AT THE TOP.

Honorable Mentions

Kristaps contract so bad you listed it twice.

With the exact same commentary both times!

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tobias Harris. His contract is horrible and usually is a ghost when needed the most.