• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Huge news on WWE creative

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This is obviously a big shakeup. With the XFL starting Vince will have to delegate major responsibilities on both shows. With Raw staying on cable I think Heyman gets a bigger stamp on creative for his show but Bischoff gets to work on primetime network TV.

Also assuming both are getting a ton of money to stay off the market and away from AEW too.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I also wonder where HHH falls on the creative hierarchy of both shows.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is obviously a big shakeup. With the XFL starting Vince will have to delegate major responsibilities on both shows. With Raw staying on cable I think Heyman gets a bigger stamp on creative for his show but Bischoff gets to work on primetime network TV.

Also assuming both are getting a ton of money to stay off the market and away from AEW too.

both are very smart and will do well in those roles. I think with Bischoff, you will definitely see an increase in Hogan appearances in some type of role.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm for whatever option that lessens Vince McMahon's role over creative decisions. He's going full Mad King nowadays.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From PWInsider;

The announcement today that Paul Heyman and Eric Bischoff have signed on with WWE to become Executive Directors of the Raw and Smackdown brands is a legitimate announcement, not a storyline situation.

WWE has been pursuing Heyman to come on board officially in their corporate circles as far back as February, PWInsider.com can exclusively confirm. An offer was issued to Heyman to come on board full-time as a top member of the creative team around the same time Bruce Prichard was brought back as a Senior Vice President but the conversations were slow in progressing. Heyman had been working on certain storylines and with certain talents, including Ronda Rousey, Brock Lesnar, Alexa Bliss and many others dating back far before that point. He's been in the inner circle when it comes to the creative process for some time without an official title. He and WWE have been circling around this deal for a long time and finally came to terms recently.

The Eric Bischoff deal came together within the last several weeks. Bischoff has been working on pre-production of the planned Netflix Hulk Hogan biography film and had a slew of personal appearances booked. Over the last week, he quietly began canceling those appearance dates, so that is likely when he came to official terms with WWE. We are told he will be working directly with FOX as WWE builds their relationship with Smackdown's new home. To say this is a massive return to form for Bischoff is a grand understatement. We are told that WWE approached him about the role and that his previous work in collaborating with Turner Broadcasting. Spike and other networks in building past TV series was one of the reasons Bischoff was pitched for the position.

We are told that they will be overseeing all aspects of their individual series, answering directly to Vince McMahon. They are now the top of the pyramid, respectively, for Raw and Smackdown but obviously McMahon will always have the last say. One WWE source compared their roles to Paul Levesque's in NXT in that they will be in charge, but it's still Vince's company.

Heyman is expected to continue his role as Brock Lesnar's advocate.

There is no word yet whether Bischoff will appear on camera, but given how good of a performer he is, one would think it's just a matter of time.

CowpokeU

TCU Homeboard Wrecker
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kneejerk reaction to AEWs heat right now.

WWE is making the WCW moves during the end of the Monday Night Wars.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When ratings start tanking and new company emerges bring out people from the 90s. I highly doubt anything changes. Vinny Mac still oversees everything.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What three wrestlers should be the new regime of the NWO?

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sometimes jokingly say the "God of wrestling" is Vince and he has three sons named Paul, Eric and Richard ( Ric).

I kinda see this as what @CowpokeU said. It seems knee jerk but I see it is a good thing.

These two know to create good edgy entertainment and who aren't afraid to " push the envelope a bit". Which is something that is so sorely lacking in today's product.

Is this going to work....

Maybe but I ain't afraid to try it.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When ratings start tanking and new company emerges bring out people from the 90s. I highly doubt anything changes. Vinny Mac still oversees everything.

Well if it’s like NXT where sure Vince has final say but he just lets HHH do everything then we’ll all be fine.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Dave Meltzer is right about as much as a broken clock. He literally says anything and when he’s wrong he throws out the “well plans must have changed” line.

Heyman is one of his longtime sources so I'm sure that's who sold him on that rumor.

In general Meltzer and Mike Johnson have the best track records on breaking news stories in wrestling.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tuned into RAW for the first time in months last night, tuned in just in time for the main event and I witnessed, Roman Reigns, Shane McMahon (with a stealing title of CM Punk) and some guy in a janitors outfit and mask. The match lasted no more than 3 minutes, Super Man Reigns mysteriously is out for about 2 minutes after being thrown out of the ring, mask man does acrobatic moves kicks butt but then gets knocked out with one knee kick to the face. Shane and MacIntyre get the victory...

Show exits with the mask man revealing himself as some random wrestler, Reigns is laughing and surprised, announcers cut a quick hype for upcoming PPV involving The Undertaker and show fades to black.....

w....
t...
f....

That's gotta be Bischoff's work, and if so, AEW can't get on the air soon enough. In fact, if I were AEW, I would be making phone calls ASAP to their network asking if they can get on TV now.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tuned into RAW for the first time in months last night, tuned in just in time for the main event and I witnessed, Roman Reigns, Shane McMahon (with a stealing title of CM Punk) and some guy in a janitors outfit and mask. The match lasted no more than 3 minutes, Super Man Reigns mysteriously is out for about 2 minutes after being thrown out of the ring, mask man does acrobatic moves kicks butt but then gets knocked out with one knee kick to the face. Shane and MacIntyre get the victory...

Show exits with the mask man revealing himself as some random wrestler, Reigns is laughing and surprised, announcers cut a quick hype for upcoming PPV involving The Undertaker and show fades to black.....

w....
t...
f....

That's gotta be Bischoff's work, and if so, AEW can't get on the air soon enough. In fact, if I were AEW, I would be making phone calls ASAP to their network asking if they can get on TV now.

1, Bischoff has absolutely no say over Raw, Raw is Paul Heyman's show. And 2, them being in charge didn't just happen overnight with a flip of a switch, their changes will happen slowly over time.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1, Bischoff has absolutely no say over Raw, Raw is Paul Heyman's show. And 2, them being in charge didn't just happen overnight with a flip of a switch, their changes will happen slowly over time.

You're wasting your time with him.

He doesn't want to be right, just ignorant.