• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Huge game this week: Rams @ Seahawks

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy how their last 3 games have been determined by a total of 8 points... RW has thrown 10 TD's / 0 INT's against the Rams in those games... That's insane considering how much pressure he gets from the Rams defense on pass attempts...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy we're 4-1 but I'm also discouraged by our defense, WTF is going on with our pass coverage ? How many times did we sit back in zone coverage and let receivers get WIDE open with no one within 10-15 yards of the receiver ? Why is this happening ? I'm ok with teams making play's because it's gonna happen, but when you don't even account for a receiver it's like playing catch in the backyard, we made things WAY too easy on Goff last night, way too easy.... Does anyone have an answer for why receivers are getting so wide open in our zones ? We had 7 back in coverage consistently but yet receivers were totally unaccounted for over and over.... It was driving me MAD! I realize were running heavy 4-3 with 3 LB's which is making teams throw more, but it still doesn't add up to why were letting receivers get so wide open, we need to change this approach, we can't just sit back and let this happen all the time... This is the area I feel we need to clean up, and BIG TIME clean up ... If it means getting away from the 3 LB's all the time we need to do that... Mix that up, rush 3 sometimes, drop 8 back, Blitz sometimes, send the fucking house, go quarters with 1 LB on obvious passing downs... Just mix the shit up ....

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We almost lost our Seahawks because a of a greedy SOB owner and Paul Allen saved them. Say what you want but We almost lost last nights game then Paul Allen reached down and smacked that kick wide. Yep i do believe that.

Thank you Mr Allen for all that you have done for us Hawks fans and we owe you more than we could ever repay. Rest in Peace from all the 12's

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy we're 4-1 but I'm also discouraged by our defense, WTF is going on with our pass coverage ? How many times did we sit back in zone coverage and let receivers get WIDE open with no one within 10-15 yards of the receiver ? Why is this happening ? I'm ok with teams making play's because it's gonna happen, but when you don't even account for a receiver it's like playing catch in the backyard, we made things WAY too easy on Goff last night, way too easy.... Does anyone have an answer for why receivers are getting so wide open in our zones ? We had 7 back in coverage consistently but yet receivers were totally unaccounted for over and over.... It was driving me MAD! I realize were running heavy 4-3 with 3 LB's which is making teams throw more, but it still doesn't add up to why were letting receivers get so wide open, we need to change this approach, we can't just sit back and let this happen all the time... This is the area I feel we need to clean up, and BIG TIME clean up ... If it means getting away from the 3 LB's all the time we need to do that... Mix that up, rush 3 sometimes, drop 8 back, Blitz sometimes, send the fucking house, go quarters with 1 LB on obvious passing downs... Just mix the shit up ....
Improvements to be made for sure, but I'm not going to let yards given up vs the Rams to hold undue weight. They play at a level on offense -- especially in the passing game -- that will not be matched by anyone else on our schedule. The pass defense has been at least adequate in 3 of the other 4 games. Cincy also had lots of yards, but they were attempting death by a thousand papercuts.

One thing I am aggravated about is the lapses at the very end of the 1st half. In all 3 home games so far, we've allowed a TD in the final minute of the 2nd quarter.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Key takeaways from the Seahawks’ 30-29 win over the Rams on Thursday Night Football | NFL News, Rankings and Statistics | PFF
Nonetheless, the showing Wilson had in Week 5’s edition of Thursday Night Football was near flawless with a 96.4 grade and five big-time throws to zero turnover-worthy plays on his 23 pass attempts. Whatever adversity Wilson was up against, he came out on top and showed no struggles. Wilson’s composure was pristine when hit with pressure, as he recorded a 97.5 grade, averaged 11.4 yards per attempt and threw uncatchable passes just 10% of the time. The Rams’ menacing pass-rush (that contains the best interior rusher in the game) opted to blitz Wilson a decent amount; however, it backfired on them badly. Against their blitz, Wilson finished with a 96.2 passing grade, averaged 14.4 yards per attempt and had a perfect passer rating of 158.3.

That’s pretty good, folks.

For the entirety of his career, Wilson has been known for his outside-the pocket-passing ability. Including plays negated by penalty, nearly 60% of Wilson’s total dropbacks ended outside the pocket. That is a staggering rate, and on those dropbacks, Wilson was about as good as we have ever seen with a 97.4 passing grade, completing nine of his 12 passes for 160 yards (13.3 yards per attempt) while recording three big-time throws, a 156.3 passer rating and an 81.8% adjusted completion percentage (his average depth of target on those throws was 15.2 yards). Does this mean Wilson wasn’t good inside the pocket? Haha, nope. In fact, he was decent with an 82.2 grade, 9.8 yards per attempt, 80% adjusted completion percentage and a 143.2 passer rating.

While it wasn't Wilson's biggest performance, last night might have been technically his best performance in his career.

Lots of people are talking about how incredibly Lockett was on his TD catch and it really wasn't an amazing catch. But Wilson's throw was also pretty incredible. He put that ball in the ONLY place he could that Lockett could pull it down while rather to his left and throwing across his body.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been trying to watch the Ziggy Ansah personal foul penalty... Anyone know where to find that video clip?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been trying to watch the Ziggy Ansah personal foul penalty... Anyone know where to find that video clip?

at the 5:32 mark, I feel bad for Ziggy but yes that was a foul. He lost his balance and thats just where he ended up.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey guys what about Jones taking Ifedi's spot?? YES PLEASE! I think they said he was the only guy that did not give up a pressure against the Rams and he was playing Right guard meaning he was facing Aaron Donald A LOT! His natural position is Tackle.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep seems he was outstanding ( Jermarco Jones ) and he was playing Guard not tackle. Most of his practice and play has been at Tackle and has only been thrown into guard rarely.

Brady HendersonESPN
Jamarco Jones had a Pass Block Win Rate of 95% after replacing D.J. Fluker at right guard Thursday, per ESPN Stats & Info. Pete Carroll said he was "shocked" by how smooth Jones was playing an unnatural position and facing Aaron Donald, adding: "He moved his feet well, he played strong, assignment wise he was solid ... At a time when Fluke may be unable to go, we're fortunate that he stepped up like he did." For comparison, a PBWR of 95% was tied for fifth-best among all guards from Weeks 1-4.

A couple of us brought him up last year ( Injured ) as someone to pay attention to and i think they might have found a gem with some rough edges. PUT HIM AT RIGHT TACKLE LIKE 5 WEEKS AGO! Then have Ifedi move back to Guard and he and Fluker can battle it out. Ifedi is a flag machine and Fluker is injury prone, both get beat like a dirty rug in Pass Pro. I think both are #1 and #2 for penalties on the oline also are they not?

Last edited: